Official Android discussion thread

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
finally!!
After trying a lot my LG Optimus Net with Android 2.3.4 has upgraded with Google play. Gprs somehow did it :D

Can install apps now :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
finally!!
After trying a lot my LG Optimus Net with Android 2.3.4 has upgraded with Google play. Gprs somehow did it :D

Can install apps now :p

took a month just to update to Play Store. is Aircel still so slow?

It has Samsung's SoC S5P6442 (Same as Galaxy Spica). It's not much powerful but we got a good developer for GPU drivers.
(See thread - Open source driver for FIMG 3DSE (GPU of Galaxy 3) - xda-developers)
He is re-writing (and is somewhat successful) drivers for this SoC. H/W acceleration is there.

ah, i was right then. G3 has a basic 3D accelerator (had a huge debate a year ago). thanks for the link :razz:

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
Is there any way i can put on ice cream sandwich theme along with notification bar on my ace i can try launcher but it should ve light ... i.e should not slow down my phone

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
Is there any way i can put on ice cream sandwich theme along with notification bar on my ace i can try launcher but it should ve light ... i.e should not slow down my phone
I assume you are on the stock ROM and you may be out of luck because stock ROMs are odexed and most themes comes for de-odexed ROMs.
Try anyways in this section
Galaxy Ace S5830 Themes and Apps - xda-developers

And if you are willing to install custom ROMs, you can try out CM9 itself. :mrgreen:

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
I assume you are on the stock ROM and you may be out of luck because stock ROMs are odexed and most themes comes for de-odexed ROMs.
Try anyways in this section
Galaxy Ace S5830 Themes and Apps - xda-developers

And if you are willing to install custom ROMs, you can try out CM9 itself. :mrgreen:

Im waiting for official.cm9 to release right now they have released only beta versions

Renny

Padawan
I've disabled screen rotation on my Explorer, is there any way to make the default keyboard orientation landscape instead of portrait?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I've disabled screen rotation on my Explorer, is there any way to make the default keyboard orientation landscape instead of portrait?

How in the hell, you can use the keyboard in landscape mode without rotating!!
Beyond my understanding!

Renny

Padawan
^Its not that hard to understand :rolleyes:, force it to display landscaped keyboard irrespective of the phone's orientation.

For example now I've turned off screen rotation and it displays portrait keyboard always, instead of portrait display landscape.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
not possible with stock keyboard. BTW, when you click on a field keyboard should pop out horizontally. i don't know about functionality but it'll give others a good lol moment ;)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^Its not that hard to understand :rolleyes:, force it to display landscaped keyboard irrespective of the phone's orientation.

For example now I've turned off screen rotation and it displays portrait keyboard always, instead of portrait display landscape.

AFAIK, the orientation of on screen keyboard depends on the direction of the text box in which we have to type. So lets say, the phone is in portrait mode, then the keyboard will be in parallel with the textbox. Similarly the case when the phone is in landscape mode.
Reference pics:

*i.imgur.com/7gkhq.jpg *i.imgur.com/tgthH.jpg
PS: Images are from WP7 phones, ignore the platform, since its not relevant here.

So, my point is, that if you want a landscape keyboard layout in portrait mode, the the result would be something like this, and which seems plain wrong!

*i.imgur.com/339Fd.jpg

I hope I am clear! :-?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
for Android ppl with any phone, how much do u spend per month, which includes everything from surfing to phoning ???

I think you can manage everything for quite less. Dad has a Android and he got a 499 plan from Aircel. 1400 minutes , 1500 national and local sms monthly and 2 gb data usage on GPRS.
you can manage for even lesser if on prepaid :wink:

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
^ Surfing etc. none. Have wi-fi in office, which is used in my development and at home have unlimited broadband plan and a wi-fi router.

Calling side only ~200/- Rs. :D
(I use Skype mostly for calling. :p)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^
Thats one Nice looking phone you got there:)

Thanks! :)) Btw, Mozart has been acquired recently. Btw, I love my LG Optimus One more to use. But HTC Mozart feels nice to hold and flaunt :p

for Android ppl with any phone, how much do u spend per month, which includes everything from surfing to phoning ???

For me: GPRS cost Rs 98 / month.
And I do a recharge of 100 which lasts a month or even more. (not much of a talker). So, Rs. 198 per month.

Top Bottom