Official Android discussion thread

R2K

In the Zone
^^
what about the bootloader ?
Sony warns beforehand that after unlocking bootloader, No warranty claim will be entertained :(
They make you enter IMEI on their website to get the unlock code ...

ajaymailed

In the zone
HTC Sensation has surpising price drop, selling on Saholic for just 22K.
HTC Sensation Z710e| HTC Mobile Phones | Saholic.com
23.7 at Lets Buy and 24K at Flipkart.

1.2 Ghz Dual Core Snapdragon, Adreno 220, 8 MP, 4.3 inch screen for 22K from somebody like HTC is indeed a gr8 deal. will give some competition to Galaxy R, Xperia Arc etc

reddead

LoSt!
HTC Sensation has surpising price drop, selling on Saholic for just 22K.
HTC Sensation Z710e| HTC Mobile Phones | Saholic.com
23.7 at Lets Buy and 24K at Flipkart.

1.2 Ghz Dual Core Snapdragon, Adreno 220, 8 MP, 4.3 inch screen for 22K from somebody like HTC is indeed a gr8 deal. will give some competition to Galaxy R, Xperia Arc etc

yeah...its a great phone but only problem with the phone is its poor battery life

ajaymailed

In the zone
yeah...its a great phone but only problem with the phone is its poor battery life
I have a SGS2, i should say that its also not good as far as battery is concerned. How about extending battery life with a more powerful battery?
I am not sure if it will damage the phone but there seems to be quite a few companies selling more powerful batteries for these hi end smartphones.

masterkd

Padawan
Didn't get enough time to post it before..whoever says Galaxy Note battery is not good, say something of this screenshot..my ultimate battery test for Galaxy Note with tweeks to save power!!

*img194.imageshack.us/img194/9695/n7000batterylifetest.png

masterkd

Padawan
^nope..just 15 mins of angry birds space(not HD)..not have enough time for games :(
mainly used in call, FM and internet using 3G!!

ajaymailed

In the zone
^nope..just 15 mins of angry birds space(not HD)..not have enough time for games :(
mainly used in call, FM and internet using 3G!!
call you tell me more, did you use GPS, Bluetooth, Wifi often? any juice defence type softwares? brightness level is set lowest manually since beginning?

reddead

LoSt!
I have a SGS2, i should say that its also not good as far as battery is concerned. How about extending battery life with a more powerful battery?
I am not sure if it will damage the phone but there seems to be quite a few companies selling more powerful batteries for these hi end smartphones.

well, there are batteries with higher capacities but they are bulky and have to be used with a different back cover....and i am not sure how effective these batteries are....

Arguably Every Android Phone has same issue.:wink:

yes,but sensation has sensationally poor battery untill you root and underclock.....i read somewhere it dies in 8 hours

Didn't get enough time to post it before..whoever says Galaxy Note battery is not good, say something of this screenshot..my ultimate battery test for Galaxy Note with tweeks to save power!!

WTF! my 3.2' device doesn't give me that kind of battery life.......
what tweaks??

choudang

Padawan
guys, after updating the software while making video call thru skype its using back camera and there is no option to use front camera on xperia mini x10. before that front camera was available, now from yesterday onwards it was not found.

updated thru OTA, i don't know the version yet. i need to ask first as i am not carrying that phn

Renny

Padawan
1. yes it is possible.
2. its your wish. you can continue using the stock rom. but you have unlocked bootloader, rooted for a reason.
3. same as 1.
4. best way is to reflash the stock rom.

Exactly how Sam? I've been searching XDA and the net, but haven't come across any info.

masterkd

Padawan
@masterkd
Are you running custom ROM in your device?
Nope..its on stock ROM!!

call you tell me more, did you use GPS, Bluetooth, Wifi often? any juice defence type softwares? brightness level is set lowest manually since beginning?
what tweaks??
  • Brightness is set to 0-20%(approx) depending on requirement, credit goes to the awesome display of the device which produces superb display even on 0% brightness.
  • didn't use GPS in this testing period.
  • used Wifi for approx 1 hour.
  • Kept an eye if any unwanted app or service running in background.
  • used 3G for 6-7 hrs.
  • FM for 7-7.5 hrs
  • System power saving is on
EDIT:
  • total screen on time: 8 hrs. approx
  • call(2G): 30mins-40mins(don't recall correctly)

Last edited:
Top Bottom