Official Android discussion thread

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
TIP: Charge your Phone in Airplane mode or Switch-off mode for faster charging :-D
Airplane mode is a good tip
Switching off is not as when you boot the phone it will take time to boot and also during the boot process it consumes a bit more power so after the boot is finished you will be left with less battery than you started with

amjath

Human Spambot
TIP: Charge your Phone in Airplane mode or Switch-off mode for faster charging :-D

Airplane mode is a good tip
Switching off is not as when you boot the phone it will take time to boot and also during the boot process it consumes a bit more power so after the boot is finished you will be left with less battery than you started with
Cyanogen and most 3rd party ROM comes with quickboot mode which will turn off and on very quickly

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Already using Mx player. :|
I don't have problems related to decoding but battery drain.
most of the anime encodes are hi10p , they dont have gpu decoding AFAIK, hence they run on SW mode and the battery drain problem
but if its standard x264, using hw or hw+ should suffice , but you also have to take the resolution of video you are trying to decode and your phone model into consideration

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Found this amazing recovery tool for Android :)

Android Data Recovery: Recover Deleted Files from Android phones and tablets

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
How to disable swiftkey keyboard's auto correction?
How to stop Auto-correct? (resolved) - Typing and Layout - SwiftKey VIP Community

To turn off autocorrect, longpress the 123 key in the lower left of the keyboard to access SwiftKey's settings. At that point, select Settings -> Advanced ->Spacebar completion mode. Set Spacebar completion mode to "always insert a space".

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
why aren't you guys talking of new ANDROID ONE which is most probably launching on Monday... this is gonna be second wave of android one devices ... Indian manufacturer, Lava Mobiles launching it...

Android one is probably a bad/dead concept as of now. Google already screwed Nexus series through lollipop 5.0.x
And if you want phones from Indian rebranders, get a Yureka/Yuphoria/Yureka plus instead. Those would be much much better than android one. Then there are phones from Xiaomi and the likes of Coolpad Dazen 1 which offer good enough specifications for the price.

Unless HTC/LG/Sony/Nokia/Blackberry make android one devices, avoid them.

Crytek2

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys.

The screen doesn't automatically turn on in my zenfone 2 on any incoming message/whatsapp/email etc.

I can't find any option for it.

amjath

Human Spambot
Hey guys.

The screen doesn't automatically turn on in my zenfone 2 on any incoming message/whatsapp/email etc.

I will not in any os or any device. You can turn on popup notification which will turn on the display.

Edit: I got it some custom ROM and other few devices has ambient display function. Check if your device has it as native.

Last edited:

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Hey guys.

Install AcDisplay. Configure it to your liking. It will even turn on the screen as soon as you take it out of pocket.

Top Bottom