Official Android discussion thread

Minion

Conversation Architect
I will not in any os or any device. You can turn on popup notification which will turn on the display.

Edit: I got it some custom ROM and other few devices has ambient display function. Check if your device has it as native.

Ambient display is available in CM based custom rom.Even my moto E supports ambient display I am on AICP ROM.

Crytek2

Right off the assembly line
Thanks for the reply..
I had used this app(AC display) before.
But it's kind of stupid of oem to not provide this option natively.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Last time when I check the acdisplay drains more battery
I have it on all the time. Does not drain too much. With phone significantly idle and my XZR in STAMINA mode, it is less than 5%. During regular phone usage it falls much lower. Consider that STAMINA itself is a low power drain mode.

So I think it is an acceptable trade off.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
I have it on all the time. Does not drain too much. With phone significantly idle and my XZR in STAMINA mode, it is less than 5%. During regular phone usage it falls much lower. Consider that STAMINA itself is a low power drain mode.

So I think it is an acceptable trade off.

OFFTOPIC: Which OS version are you using now?? Custom/Stock ?? JB/KK/LP ??

Minion

Conversation Architect
I am on stock 4.4.4 with root. I do you Greenify and Stamina mode.

Planning to probably skip 5.0.2 and go straight to 5.1.1 when it gets easy root.

AFAIK Stamina mode and Greenify does same thing they blocks system wakelocks that is the reason you don't need greenify.

- - - Updated - - -

I used lollipop for 1 month and i can say they have battery drain issues even 5.1.1 have same issues so i downgraded my phone to CM 11 two days back now enjoying pretty good battery life now my battery is at 48% with 4h 30 mins of screen on time.

but now i am missing headsup notification.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
AFAIK Stamina mode and Greenify does same thing they blocks system wakelocks that is the reason you don't need greenify.

Greenify actually hibernates/force closes the apps so that they do not run until you manually open them. This shuts up all the useless background runners. Stamina probably just queues up wakelocks or may close background processes too of which I am not very sure.

-----

Latest Play Store update seems to have stealthily turned on automatic updates over wifi.

Anybody else seen this?

Last edited:

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I know and I always keep it off. But wondering why it turned on without my intervention.

In general I keep auto updates off everywhere. Sometimes I may allow things to check for updates but the actual download and install should absolutely be at my discretion.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
It's a little offtopic.. but makes me wonder!

LG made 1.2 cents in profit for every phone it sold last quarter

Sad to see maker of Epic phone like LG Optimus P500 and Nexus ... like this.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
It's a little offtopic.. but makes me wonder!

Sad to see maker of Epic phone like LG Optimus P500 and Nexus ... like this.
Agreed. LG is one the most underrated OEMs now. People blindly go for entry level phones from samdung at 25k+ but won't even know about Nexus 5 or the LG G2. And every other shop has overpriced samdung or sony or microcrap phones.

Crapple earns billions and does no real (or important) innovation.

Noobs and greedy shopkeepers are to be blamed.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So why does uTorrent Android App needs Location? Something seems fishy. :chinscratch:

*i.imgur.com/nPolLCL.jpg

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
ZR people here, what is your opinion about Lollipop on it? Is easy rooting available? How to circumvent root checking by some applications?

Top Bottom