Official Android discussion thread

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
ZR people here, what is your opinion about Lollipop on it? Is easy rooting available? How to circumvent root checking by some applications?

My advice is to stay away from LP atleast 5.0.2 Cause its filled with bugs, such as memory leak and battery draining and heating too. I am waiting for these bugs to be fixed in 5.1 otherwise I'll never revert to stock!!

For the root, you can flash a kernel which has recovery to flash SuperSU assuming you have already unlocked your bootloader.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys I'm having this weird problem.
I need to delete a contact from my list. However when I try to delete it from my contacts list I get message indicating that the user has multiple accounts blah blah. User will become read only.
I'm able to block the user on whatsapp but still can see that contact being displayed in whatsapp.

Is there anyway I can get rid of the contact for good.

amjath

Human Spambot
Guys I'm having this weird problem.
I need to delete a contact from my list. However when I try to delete it from my contacts list I get message indicating that the user has multiple accounts blah blah. User will become read only.
I'm able to block the user on whatsapp but still can see that contact being displayed in whatsapp.

Is there anyway I can get rid of the contact for good.

if the contact is synced with google and if you cannot delete in contacts in phone then delete from gmail by logging into destop.

Log in to Gmail -> On the left a drop down to gmail, contacts etc -> Choose Contacts -> Select Contact and delete it. It will be synced in mobile as well

ajayritik

Technomancer
if the contact is synced with google and if you cannot delete in contacts in phone then delete from gmail by logging into destop.

Log in to Gmail -> On the left a drop down to gmail, contacts etc -> Choose Contacts -> Select Contact and delete it. It will be synced in mobile as well

Thanks bro

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
Hey guys..

Is it possible to increase storage allocation for apps In android? .
For example, can I increase the default storage available for apps(2gb) to higher (total internal is 8gb).

kaz

right here
Hey guys..

For example, can I increase the default storage available for apps(2gb) to higher (total internal is 8gb).

I never owned a phone where I had such restriction.. If you root your phone, then it could be possible.. BTW, which phone you own?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Hey guys..

One can use all the space available mentioned under apps for storage. But obviously it's not possible to increase the internal memory like that. There are a few ways to directly install apps on your MMC though.

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
Sorry for late reply(night shifts kills you )

I know that android version 4 and up for phones unified internal storage, also that I can link the files to external card with rooting. But I don't know of any such way to allocate more storage to apps.

A friend ask me about this, he is using some micromax phone updated to lollipop. The phone only allows him to use 1 gb of internal storage for apps.

Restructuring of the storage is not possible I said to him, his reply was- "no yaar, I watched it on YouTube".

I asked here to confirm if it is possible.

amjath

Human Spambot
Hey guys..

Which phone and Android version it is.

My galaxy s2 has this partition but its possible and I did expand the memory.
It's a 16gig phone so 2gb allocated for apps and rest as sd card + external sd card. If the space gets full I have move apps to sd card which means the internal sd itself is utilised. So there is no difference but moving to sd card and apps using full 2gb is pain. So I checked xda and increased the apps allocated memory. Some devices comes with partitioned space.

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
Okay, so it's possible.
What's the procedure entails?
Does it involve formating of /data?

He is using micromax phone(will ask him the model number)
With Android 5.01

Last edited:

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys wanted to check if this feature is available on android phones.
Sometimes I would want to have only some basic things on my phone and don't want any social media stuff and other apps.
So is it possible to create some another profile and when I login with that I have only specific apps available.
I remember seeing something called Profile on my phone options.
I have Yureka phone currently.

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
Sometimes I would want to have only some basic things on my phone and don't want any social media stuff and other apps.
So is it possible to create some another profile and when I login with that I have only specific apps available.

If you are running Lolipop in your Yureka, it is possible by entering as a Guest or create another user.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker

The feature you are asking is similar to User accounts in Windows. You can create another account and it won't show any installed apps from other user account. This feature is available in Android 5.0+. So upgrade your Yureka to CM12.0 + to get this feature.

Also the profiles can only configure Bluetooth/Sound/Wifi and similar settings, it cannot limit apps.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh. Unlocking bootloader means loss of DRM. Also possibly loss of camera quality?

Nope.. Loss of camera quality due to unlocking was seen on Z3 and Z3c. So you are safe. . You will lose Bravia Engine, TrackID and Some Sony Features but you can backup TA partition before unlocking and restore it afterwards to get those features back.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys how can I have only contacts phone numbers displayed in my contacts instead of contacts with only email address.

Top Bottom