Official Android discussion thread

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
guys..my yureka has entered into a bootloop and after searching the google for solutions, it seems that i have to flash the stock rom again.. It is mentioned that the data in internal storage will be cleared completely :( & i have not taken a backup of my phone yet..any way to save the contacts/images/data of my phone before flashing ?? :(

Flashing the stock rom won't wipe your internal but Flashing firmware does. Always take backup in future.

ashs1

Padawan
Flashing the stock rom won't wipe your internal but Flashing firmware does. Always take backup in future.

i meant i was flashing stock firmware..
I am following this guide ( How to Unbrick and Restore YU Yureka to Cyanogen OS 11 Stock Firmware )

I will follow these steps after 1 hour or so ( after battery is charged to 50% )... How long does the flashing take place ? 5 mins/ 10 mins or more ??

Do i have to unlock the bootloader separately or is it done in this process ??

Sorry for the noob questions.. :)

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
i meant i was flashing stock firmware..
I am following this guide ( How to Unbrick and Restore YU Yureka to Cyanogen OS 11 Stock Firmware )

I will follow these steps after 1 hour or so ( after battery is charged to 50% )... How long does the flashing take place ? 5 mins/ 10 mins or more ??

Do i have to unlock the bootloader separately or is it done in this process ??

Sorry for the noob questions.. :)

* Flashing duration depends on ROM/Firmware and anywhere between 5 - 20 mins. Also after flashing, first boot takes a little longer, so don't panic!!

* Once the bootloader is unlocked, it stays unlocked until you lock it explicitly.

How it got stuck in boot loop?? What did you do??

ashs1

Padawan
ok..solved the problem..back to normal.. All this mess because of mediaserver :-x .. the kryptonite to the android system... isn't there any permanent solution to this for non rooted users ??

- - - Updated - - -

How it got stuck in boot loop?? What did you do??

The phone was getting heated up..i checked the battery status & it was showing high mediaserver usage( 60%).. I read somewhere in the yu forums that a temp. workaround is to disable the mediascanner app, reboot & then enable the app again..
I disabled it , rebooted the phone & then it was stuck in bootloop. :(

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
ok..solved the problem..back to normal.. All this mess because of mediaserver :-x .. the kryptonite to the android system... isn't there any permanent solution to this for non rooted users ??

- - - Updated - - -

The phone was getting heated up..i checked the battery status & it was showing high mediaserver usage( 60%).. I read somewhere in the yu forums that a temp. workaround is to disable the mediascanner app, reboot & then enable the app again..
I disabled it , rebooted the phone & then it was stuck in bootloop. :(

So did you lose the data ?? If you had already installed custom recovery, a simple flashing of System partition would have solved this problem, without losing any data.

ashs1

Padawan
So did you lose the data ?? If you had already installed custom recovery, a simple flashing of System partition would have solved this problem, without losing any data.

WOW !! i just checked the file manager..looks like all the files are safe !!! :banana::banana::banana:
But, i can't seem to locate the pictures in the gallery..i can see them using es explorer but not the gallery app..

Another weird thing i noticed is that when i connected the phone to the PC, inside the internal storage, i can see only Ringtones folder( though it says 4.9 gb free out of 12.8 gb )

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
WOW !! i just checked the file manager..looks like all the files are safe !!! :banana::banana::banana:
But, i can't seem to locate the pictures in the gallery..i can see them using es explorer but not the gallery app..

Another weird thing i noticed is that when i connected the phone to the PC, inside the internal storage, i can see only Ringtones folder( though it says 4.9 gb free out of 12.8 gb )

better do a take a copy of important data and then factory reset it. Otherwise you may run into Force Close of system apps and some weird behavior

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Guys what software is there which will allow me to see all my text messages (SMS) on my PC (full screen preferred) and allow to save them too? I have tried AirDroid, don't like it. I have taken a back via SMS Backup and Restore app, but the xml file isn't opening via any app on my PC! I have tried My Phone Explorer, doesn't work!

PS: I am talking about Android obviously, and Win 7.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
What is your problem with My Phone Explorer? How does it not work? If you open a new thread under mobile applications for MPE we could try to sort it out.

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys one query.

When I use chrome and try to open a YouTube video or any other video, I get option to select from official youtube app to chrome itself.
I shifted to opera today and when opening youtube, it directly opens in Opera itself without asking me in which app to open.

How to change this? I want opera to present to me the list of apps which play video before opening? Any solution?

.jRay.

Youngling
Guys one query.

When I use chrome and try to open a YouTube video or any other video, I get option to select from official youtube app to chrome itself.
I shifted to opera today and when opening youtube, it directly opens in Opera itself without asking me in which app to open.

How to change this? I want opera to present to me the list of apps which play video before opening? Any solution?
Settings>apps>opera>Clear defaults.

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Reset the default or completely remove the data from yt app.
This not only occurs to youtube videos but also other vids. Generally, when using Chrome I use to open videos with viral pro. But I can't get the option in Opera. And yes, I did reset all to default.

ashs1

Padawan
This not only occurs to youtube videos but also other vids. Generally, when using Chrome I use to open videos with viral pro. But I can't get the option in Opera. And yes, I did reset all to default.

i think this is by default action for opera mini.. maybe u can't change it.. Thats why when you download a song/video, it uses the inbuilt download manager of opera mini instead of other download managers( chrome gives option to download using chrome's download manager OR using Other Browser's Download manager or ES explorer's download manager ( if u have ES ) ) :

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
I was looking for a better chrome alternative and found that opera is best of them.. But it really let me down for not including the support for third party apps...

$hadow

Geek in making

You have to decide now if you want opera with this problem or chrome with whatever problem you have. Looks like they have made it a inbuilt feature on opera.

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
You have to decide now if you want opera with this problem or chrome with whatever problem you have. Looks like they have made it a inbuilt feature on opera.
Chrome does not fare good against opera. It's very much ram consuming and hangs like hell. Opera doesn't. But this so called "inbuilt feature" is driving me nuts...

$hadow

Geek in making
Chrome does not fare good against opera. It's very much ram consuming and hangs like hell. Opera doesn't. But this so called "inbuilt feature" is driving me nuts...

I have always used chrome only but there was also a browser named cm browser if I remember correctly, my friend was using it I found it nice, give it a shot.

Top Bottom