Official Android discussion thread

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
I would insist on wugfresh toolkit for the root since it is hassle free. Get laptop for a few mins from your friend and flash it. It is hardly going to take more than 2 mins. Btw bootloader unlocked?
Yeah boot loader is unlocked. And thanks for the follow up.

Limitless

Journeyman
just got one plus one :D
Can anyone tell me apps from where I transfer contacts from one phone to another? and apps and pics too if possible?

ajayritik

Technomancer
Can we not have a basic option like to display only the contact numbers rather than all the crap i.e. email address etc.
It's so annoying when I try to SMS someone or call someone especially if that person has multiple email address.
I hope that with a popular OS such as Android they should have atleast given an option for the user to select only phone numbers.
And also if someone has a phone like Redmi, then one more crap called MiCloud.
I think that is the reason why most of the people suggest Windows OS over Android for technically challenged people.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Can we not have a basic option like to display only the contact numbers rather than all the crap i.e. email address etc.
It's so annoying when I try to SMS someone or call someone especially if that person has multiple email address.
I hope that with a popular OS such as Android they should have atleast given an option for the user to select only phone numbers.
I think that is the reason why most of the people suggest Windows OS over Android for technically challenged people.

If there are many contact entries for a Single person, then merge them. (Contacts -> Find Duplicates) then your problem is solved!

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Have you tried using a 3rd party contacts app like Contacts+ ?

ajayritik

Technomancer
My previous comment was for esumitkumar. Syncing will again import contacts which have only email too along with those with numbers. :|

To avoid confusion, please list all options that are visible to you once you open Settings menu of Contacts. We could go step by step from there.

If there are many contact entries for a Single person, then merge them. (Contacts -> Find Duplicates) then your problem is solved!
I tried that option.
Have you tried using a 3rd party contacts app like Contacts+ ?
Have not tried but I thought it's a basic feature which I expect hence thought may not need an additional app to do that for me.

I had the same problem with my first android phone LG Optimus Net.

ashs1

Padawan
guys..my yureka has entered into a bootloop and after searching the google for solutions, it seems that i have to flash the stock rom again.. It is mentioned that the data in internal storage will be cleared completely :( & i have not taken a backup of my phone yet..any way to save the contacts/images/data of my phone before flashing ?? :(

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
guys..my yureka has entered into a bootloop and after searching the google for solutions, it seems that i have to flash the stock rom again.. It is mentioned that the data in internal storage will be cleared completely :( & i have not taken a backup of my phone yet..any way to save the contacts/images/data of my phone before flashing ?? :(

I think if u can access the boot loader then there is chance for backup

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Flash TWRP. Use it and its file manager to backup things.

What Is TWRP Recovery & How To Install & Use It On Android [Guide]

ashs1

Padawan
Flash TWRP. Use it and its file manager to backup things.

What Is TWRP Recovery & How To Install & Use It On Android [Guide]

thanks for the link saiyangoku...
On a quick reading, One of the steps mention that i have to enable USB Debugging/Install ROM Manager app on my phone..but due to bootloop, i am unable to even reach the settings( forget app installation :p ). :(

I am downloading the stock ROM atm... should the battery be charged to a particular level before flashing ?? or can i straightaway flash the image ??

Top Bottom