Official Android discussion thread

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
yesterday installed Modern Combat 5 and it requires internet every time to play it...Damn :-x Gameloft made it like Dead Trigger 2

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys is there anyway to get rid of all the contacts with email address and only contacts who have phone numbers are displayed in list of contacts.
Every time I try to call someone I find multiple contacts especially contacts who have email addresses and no phone number.
It's very annoying try to search for that person who has only phone number.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Guys is there anyway to get rid of all the contacts with email address and only contacts who have phone numbers are displayed in list of contacts.
Every time I try to call someone I find multiple contacts especially contacts who have email addresses and no phone number.
It's very annoying try to search for that person who has only phone number.

I have seen that option in Sony Stock ROMS but not on AOSP.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys which software/tool u use to sync up phone data in PC ?

Use MoboMarket

- - - Updated - - -

Any Sony users here?? How do you guys limit the Audio/Voice from whatsapp not showing in Walkman app?? Its so annoying for me.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Guys I have bought Infocus M2 mobile for my wife..But I am getting a strange problem..Although phone has all contacts saved under Phone only unysnched..but still if somebody calls only number is displayed..no name..although that number is stored in contacts ..pls advise

ajayritik

Technomancer
Disable Auto Sync and in contacts select contacts to display -> Phone Only, Unsynced

AOSP= Android Open Source Project.

I have gone ahead and disabled the option Auto Sync.
however when I go into Contacts Settings-> I have this option Configure Contacts Lists>
Under this I have the following:
MiCloud
Whatsapp
Facebook
gmailaccount.

Which option should I select?
I believe this is the settings which I need to tweak to ensure that only phone contacts are displayed.
however I don't see any option called Phone contacts.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Guys I have bought Infocus M2 mobile for my wife..But I am getting a strange problem..Although phone has all contacts saved under Phone only unysnched..but still if somebody calls only number is displayed..no name..although that number is stored in contacts ..pls advise
Try to clear the data of the Dailer App.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Try to clear the data of the Dailer App.

I selected option Delete batch and all those options mentioned above are gone with now only 40 contacts displayed under SIM Contact.
Is there anyway to get the contact details which were stored on my Note2?
I guess I have to sync with my google account again.
Right?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I selected option Delete batch and all those options mentioned above are gone with now only 40 contacts displayed under SIM Contact.
Is there anyway to get the contact details which were stored on my Note2?
I guess I have to sync with my google account again.
Right?
My previous comment was for esumitkumar. Syncing will again import contacts which have only email too along with those with numbers. :|

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I have gone ahead and disabled the option Auto Sync.
however when I go into Contacts Settings-> I have this option Configure Contacts Lists>
Under this I have the following:
MiCloud
Whatsapp
Facebook
gmailaccount.

Which option should I select?
I believe this is the settings which I need to tweak to ensure that only phone contacts are displayed.
however I don't see any option called Phone contacts.
To avoid confusion, please list all options that are visible to you once you open Settings menu of Contacts. We could go step by step from there.

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
One quick question guys. Do we receive OTA when the device is rooted? If yes, then is there any problem In updating it with root access?

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Depends from phone to phone. Generally you should receive OTA and loose root after it. You can root it again though.
Ah thanks. Is there any method to root 5.0.2 lollipop? I check the chain fire method but it needs PC which I don't have as of now. So any easy one click root like towelroot for lollipop?

Top Bottom