Official Android discussion thread

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Could you also tell me how to turn on the sync. Its really pain in ass to see how the things are complicated. I want my gallery pics to be uploaded with the same folder structure if possible. Only the newly clicked pics are uploaded.

I don't understand how are things 'complicated' for you. There is a proper setting in dropbox which you need to toggle to sync pics. Search for it.
Upload old pics which were not synced before you turned on the setting, manually.

Deadman

Journeyman
I don't understand how are things 'complicated' for you. There is a proper setting in dropbox which you need to toggle to sync pics. Search for it.
Upload old pics which were not synced before you turned on the setting, manually.
Sync now option has been grayed.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys when I had Nokia phone some years ago I had this option where I could select some contacts from whom I can receive call whereas from others it will not ring or vibrate more like Silent mode, if I'm not wrong it was customising the Profiles option and select some contacts from whom you will receive calls. Do we have any similar option in Android with any app. This will help me a lot at workplace since I get lot of customer service calls and stupid SMS that disturb me.

pratyush997

Inactive
Guys when I had Nokia phone some years ago I had this option where I could select some contacts from whom I can receive call whereas from others it will not ring or vibrate more like Silent mode, if I'm not wrong it was customising the Profiles option and select some contacts from whom you will receive calls. Do we have any similar option in Android with any app. This will help me a lot at workplace since I get lot of customer service calls and stupid SMS that disturb me.
Activate DND.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
I recently bought a Lenovo a369i with 4.2.2. I am really impressed with battery life . It is giving me around 5hrs 30 mins of screen time with <50% brightness over 2g(ofc)/wifi(home) on a 1500 mah battery. My earlier mobile Karbonn A5 could hardly manage 3-3-5. hours even with purportedly 1400 mah battery. Has android been optimized to conserve battery from GB->JB

ajayritik

Technomancer
Yeah
Activate dnd
(feel like forever alone now)
Send "start 0" to 1909 and follow as the sms says

DND will enable to me to receive calls from certain people?
In the Nokia phone I had customized the profiles in such a way that the normal profile will be active till 11 PM and the silent one will be active at 11 PM till 8 AM morning.

amjath

Human Spambot
In the Nokia phone I had customized the profiles in such a way that the normal profile will be active till 11 PM and the silent one will be active at 11 PM till 8 AM morning.

If u r vodafone user, they have dnd activation deactivation form in their site and u can categories to some extent. So u can check ur service provider site too

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=AutomateIt.mainPackage

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Any members here using ART on KitKat? reviews?

used ART for one hour. Whatsapp and titanium backup didn't work and overall ui felt smoother but only by a fraction.

- - - Updated - - -

App developers beware, Opera and Nokia Populating the Nokia Android App Store without Developer Permission

Enter Ander Webbs, developer of the highly regarded ADW.Launcher. Yesterday, the developer received an email from Nokia stating that they had created a developer account for him and populated it with ADW.Launcher. All he had to do was to get in touch with them in order for the application to go live. Naturally, this resulted in a great deal of confusion, as this application was put in the Nokia app store without the developer’s consent.

- - - Updated - - -

[url="*www.xda-developers.com/android/researchers-at-columbia-university-bring-ios-apps-to-android/]Researchers at Columbia University Bring iOS Apps to Android[/url]

Developed by members of the Department of Computer Science at Columbia University, Cider is an OS compatibility architecture that is capable of running iOS applications on Android. Rather than using a strict virtual machine, this is done with a novel approach including compile-time code adaptation, as well as diplomatic functions. The former allows for existing application source code to be adapted without modification for use on the new architecture, whereas the latter allows foreign apps to hook into host device libraries, including those for proprietary software and hardware interfaces such as 3D acceleration hardware.
so, no more iOS exclusives eh?

Deadman

Journeyman
I can see my chrome history when i type in the address bar even after clearing history. The only way i can clear is by clearing app data but that way all the bookmarks are gone. Any remedies?

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
I can see my chrome history when i type in the address bar even after clearing history. The only way i can clear is by clearing app data but that way all the bookmarks are gone. Any remedies?

Go to your Account's dashboard and turn off web history and clear the remaining history.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
*www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CWMAQYY

Virtua Tennis Challenge free on Amazon (10 hours left)

- - - Updated - - -

Next Version of Android to Cause Even More Issues for Root App Developers

Top Bottom