Official Android discussion thread

ankush28

Bazinga
Guys I recently bought a fitness product which needs my Sony Z1 to be updated to Android Ver 4.3. Can someone suggest how can I update my Z1 to Ver 4.3. Also while updating is there any problem of losing any data?
With my other Phone Note2 I can directly update anything for android but I think for Z1 I need some PC to update.
Will appreciate if anyone how can I update if I require first something to be installed on my PC and sync my Z1 with the PC.

There is no risk of losing data mostly. Still you can backup app datas using ADB(Google it)
How to update using pc companion

Next time google before posting -.-

You dont like search engines?

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Guys I recently bought a fitness product which needs my Sony Z1 to be updated to Android Ver 4.3. Can someone suggest how can I update my Z1 to Ver 4.3. Also while updating is there any problem of losing any data?
With my other Phone Note2 I can directly update anything for android but I think for Z1 I need some PC to update.
Will appreciate if anyone how can I update if I require first something to be installed on my PC and sync my Z1 with the PC.

You can directly update it through Update Center in your phone ;)
No need for PC companion

quicky008

Technomancer
Does anyone have the lg g2 flower wallpaper at a resolution of 480X800(i mean this one:*imgur.com/Ykwi91G )?If yes,i'd really appreciate if you could upload it here-i've been looking for it for a very long time but couldn't find it any where at this exact size.

ankush28

Bazinga
Does anyone have the lg g2 flower wallpaper at a resolution of 480X800(i mean this one:*imgur.com/Ykwi91G )?If yes,i'd really appreciate if you could upload it here-i've been looking for it for a very long time but couldn't find it any where at this exact size.

Resize that one? Or find LG G2 dump and extract :p
Why you need that exact resolution?

quicky008

Technomancer
Resize that one? Or find LG G2 dump and extract :p
Why you need that exact resolution?

Attempting to resize the image is causing the aspect ratio to get skewed,so the image isn't displaying properly.Actually 480X800 is the resolution of my phone's display,that's the reason i was initially looking for that particular size-however any other higher resolution with a similar aspect ratio will also do just fine,therefore this exact resolution is not really necessary.

Last edited:

Deadman

Journeyman
Is there anyway to add inbuilt pdf reader in s4 i.e adobe to reading mode? Or the whole inbuilt polaris office suite.

kaz

right here
My whatsapp is crashing since morning. Installed it again without uninstalling, still it shows only main screen but when I open any conversation it crashes :(
Don't wanna uninstall it as it has many unread messages which would be lost.
Please help....:cry:

amjath

Human Spambot
My whatsapp is crashing since morning. Installed it again without uninstalling, still it shows only main screen but when I open any conversation it crashes :(
Don't wanna uninstall it as it has many unread messages which would be lost.
Please help....:cry:

Go to chat settings and backup conversation. U can email conversation for extra safety or read it in desktop. Then uninstall and reinstall. When u backup conversation and reinstall it will restore

kaz

right here
Go to chat settings and backup conversation. U can email conversation for extra safety or read it in desktop. Then uninstall and reinstall. When u backup conversation and reinstall it will restore

Even can't do that...It shows main screen and trying to reach any further, it crashes again.
Uninstalled it after backing up data through Helium, restored and it crashes again....:oops:

amjath

Human Spambot
Even can't do that...It shows main screen and trying to reach any further, it crashes again.
Uninstalled it after backing up data through Helium, restored and it crashes again....:oops:
first take data backup alone for whatsapp, try clearing cache and data and re-register again

kaz

right here
Actually I made it worked...It was because of a huge message of 300 jokes together as a single message. All I did was touch once and wait 1-2 minutes for everything to load completely.
-I opened whatsapp and waited so everything loads up....I could see each DP showing up one after another. (if i did anything in between, it simply crashed)
-Then opened the group where the message was posted, it took sometime.
-Then cleared up the whole group conversation.

TADA its working super smooth now...My pitty O1 with 600MHz proccy :oops:

- - - Updated - - -

thanks [MENTION=127004]amjath[/MENTION] 1st I did that only but on restoring data it went nuts...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ And btw, WhatsApp takes regular backup at 4 am daily. You can check the backup file at the location: /sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases/
A lot of .crypt5 files must be there.

kaz

right here
^^ And btw, WhatsApp takes regular backup at 4 am daily. You can check the backup file at the location: /sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases/
A lot of .crypt5 files must be there.

Yeah when I installed it after uninstalling it automatically said that I have backups to be restored but I was worried for the messages that I have received while sleeping which weren't in the backup :)

quicky008

Technomancer
What's the best music player for android phones? I am not satisfied with the audio quality of the stock music player of my galaxy grand and so I'm looking for an alternative player that gives significantly better audio output (over the earphones,that is);so any recommendations for this will be greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom