Official Android discussion thread

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
@ankush28: I also own a SGY, and despite of root and porting apps to sd, internal memory stays almost full, any suggestions?
And have you tried removing gmaps?

I removed Google Maps, Youtube, yahoo finance manager, accu weather widget, dual clock and samsung apps. I gained some 40-50 MB space.

ankush28

Bazinga
I removed Google Maps, Youtube, yahoo finance manager, accu weather widget, dual clock and samsung apps. I gained some 40-50 MB space.

Same here..
+ I removed Google play services( I dont recommend doing this)
removed google talk, Memo and many more crapwares.

Running on super smooth Evolution-X Rom

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@ankush28: I also own a SGY, and despite of root and porting apps to sd, internal memory stays almost full, any suggestions?
And have you tried removing gmaps?

i guess Y has some kind of custom recovery like TWRP/CWM. create EXT partition in memory card and use App2SD to install apps on the EXT partition.

Hrishi

Any recommendations for finding applications which are keeping the device alive , and not allowing it to go in deep sleep ?

ankush28

Bazinga
i guess Y has some kind of custom recovery like TWRP/CWM. create EXT partition in memory card and use App2SD to install apps on the EXT partition.

It is long process and I faced stability issues :/ (8GB SD card died painfully :lol: )
Btw Link2SD is what I am using as of now to move pesky apps to SD(whatsapp....)

sdk

Broken In
TY, I thought removing these will cause system to be unstable but I have uninstalled them and its working just fine :D

Btw Link2SD is what I am using as of now to move pesky apps to SD(whatsapp....)
I am using Titanium Backup Pro for it

Have tried it too , but it didn't go as expected :)

.jRay.

Youngling
BTW this is the best i got on my g2. With less than moderate usage. Very little gaming and few calls. Some browsing etc.

*img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/03/e8ysapag.jpg

Hrishi

:rofl:

If it costs that much, They would buy the Canvas 5. :p
THere's a good probability of that.

When phones with flexible displays fall , it shouldn't damage the display to the extent as what happens to the displays of normal phones. ?

Top Bottom