Not finding success in my career

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
i m in a similar situation.

i quit my job in feb and completed OCP training and am an OCA now. no calls yet for a entry level Oracle DBA!!! :(

!!! 6 months without work !!!

Bandu

Journeyman
i m in a similar situation.

i quit my job in feb and completed OCP training and am an OCA now. no calls yet for a entry level Oracle DBA!!! :(

!!! 6 months without work !!!
@iinfi - Send me your resume. I might have something for you. Not here in Germany, but back there in Mumbai.

Regards,
Bandu.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
It's not just you, everyone has their problems. I'm a 2008 batch passout and I'd been selected in 2 companies. My folks wanted me to do an MBA, but I had (and still have) no interest in it whatsoever. Still, I appeared in CAT 2007 just for the heck of it, without any sort of preparations. Shockingly, I scored 94.9%ile overall. But silly me, I didn't know that apart from IIMs I needed to fill up the forms for other colleges as well, So that went down the drain.
My 1st company required me to join up on the 11th of July but I gave it a miss coz I didn't feel too attracted to it.
My 2nd company has not yet specified the date of joining to anyone all over India, so I'm still waiting.
Then my parents again forced me to appear in CAT, this time more properly. Turns out I've missed the date for obtaining the CAT forms.

Now if my 2nd company ditches me due to the US economy slowdown or the IT sector slowdown as a whole, I'm screwed. :D

iinfi

mekalodu
^^
earlier job involved 4.5 to 5 hrs traveling to-fro and 9 hrs in office which meant no time for studying anything else.
I didnt want to continue in a Market Research field. i was a tabulation programmer programming in Quantum.
i wanted to badly get into DBA line. thats it!! :|
hope my gamble pays off well in the long run.

OP
B

bombla

The thing is now I am not hearing much of the vacancies in any company(not even in maintanence/production department).
I have started reading the books and doing some small practicals.
But I dont know what to tell in the interview if they ask what was I doing in past few months.. Actually we had reconstruction/painting of our house for few months.. and I had to manage the things their. So I didn't get time to do anything/search for jobs.
Sometimes I think to leave my electronics domain and do some course Java/.NET and get a job. But I don't wish to.

OP
B

bombla

I had given interview for the post of Web Developer in 1 company. My technical interview was excellent( related to HTML, XML, eCommerce and one C logic puzzle). But when asked about working in shifts, I said night shifts are not preferrable. Damn! There I went wrong and I was not selected!!

adi007

Youngling
I had given interview for the post of Web Developer in 1 company. My technical interview was excellent( related to HTML, XML, eCommerce and one C logic puzzle). But when asked about working in shifts, I said night shifts are not preferrable. Damn! There I went wrong and I was not selected!!

opps..that was bad luck
You should have told yes to everything
Some will ask "Are u capable of working outside the state or outside the country" like that
And they expect a straight YES :(

R2K

In the Zone
^^

there exist a misunderstanding in some people that I if u go for an engg course you r a gonna land a highly rewarding job as soon as u graduate.... the above story proves that it is wrong....

learn and mature what ur good at.... simply going for some engg or tech... related course will not bring u damn good job... ultimately it is ur skills that counts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom