which is better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhijit_T

Journeyman
Well, about the Nokia 29%-SE 6% thing,
tell me, do more ppl use IE or Mozilla?
And also tell me, is IE better than Mozilla?
just because more ppl use a product dosen't mean that its better
My gf has a Nokia 6230, one of the latest Nokia phones, but she still feels that her fone is shit compared to my T610(Shes right, because it is)

And drgrudge, all the other SE lovers have lives, and cannot be bothered sitting on their computers answering to what everyone in the world knows - SE Rocks!!!

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
Dude.. its not possible to mk u unstd.. u r acting like a kid.. im sorry for that..

Try to undesratnd the logic before contradicting.. IE ships along with Windows almoist free (u neednt downlaod anything etc), as such its almost a compulsion that people by default start using IE.. Only those who are really intersted go for Mozilla etc..

Whereas non one Gives Nokia phones free like that.. Its upto the people to decide what they want.. They CHOOSE Nokia.. i mean 29% people CHOOSE Nokia.. 6% CHOOSE SE..

f u dont understsnd this also.. then.. any more posts here wud be just a joke..

lighthouse911

Broken In
@smoothcriminal

so u like to buy what majority of people are buying...

IT is shocking that market stats effect which phone is going to be ur nxt phone,not features or quality....

This is why I said in the beginning,Nokia is good when It comes to Cheap phones like 1100,3310 but SE makes quality phones which are a bit costlier

:) just my bid 2 keep the thread alive and kickin :)

Abhijit_T

Journeyman
I agree totally with lighthouse911
Also, why not do a head to head comparison?
Tell me all nokia equivalents of T610/30, and we'll compare them
Tell me all nokia equivalents of K700i/K500i and we'll compare them
Tell me all nokia equivalents of S700 and we'll compare them
There are no equivalents to P900, so I've not included that
We'll see which phones are better in no time at all

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
TO YOU,MISTER ABHIJIT
Abhijit_T said:
Well, about the Nokia 29%-SE 6% thing,
tell me, do more ppl use IE or Mozilla?
And also tell me, is IE better than Mozilla?
SmoothCriminal said:
IE ships along with Windows almoist free (u neednt downlaod anything etc), as such its almost a compulsion that people by default start using IE.. Only those who are really intersted go for Mozilla etc..
and also, see the no. of mob users 4.3 crore
most of the people in india does not have a computer or even if they do have, do they have internet acess?

Abhijit_T said:
And drgrudge, all the other SE lovers have lives, and cannot be bothered sitting on their computers answering to what everyone in the world knows - SE Rocks!!!
dudes, are the other members jus siting here and repling...?
u have f***ing time for gf's and her phone. bah, talking as if we dont have any other work.
see the time gap between, my previous post and this one.....22 hours.

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
We will continue this thread.. but b4 all the things u need to tell me a practical way of sending EMS using T105..

well.. Abhijit_T dude.. Nokia's equivalent for T610/630 is 3660/3650/3670 (thou these are smart phones they are in the same price range)

K700i/K500i - Equivalents would be 6600/7650/7610

and huh.. for P900 - we have 9500, 7600 and lot more.. he he.. dude..

dudes u urself can have a head-to-head comaprison, and furnish the results wid proof here.. BTW.. also lemme know how to send pic msg & rintones using T105..! :))

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

man, i was celebrating diwali, so could not come and post!

SmoothCriminal said:
1. Nokia - 29%
2.Motorola - 16.5%
3. Samsung - 13%
4. Siemens - 8.4%
5. Sony Ericsson - 6%
hmm, the thread should have been, nokia versus motorola, lol, shall i change it?

lighthouse911 said:
Do u know why Nokia offers Interchangable covers???

That is because they know the covers on the nokia phones would not even last a month!!
hey, my 6610 is almost 7 months old and still it is good. and the covers moreover offers to suit ur style and mood., i have seen a glowing radium covers also.

frostt said:
Do chcek them out if u ever enter a SE shop....
does, SE has a exclusive dealers just as nokia has priority dealers? no way dude..., atleast not in chennai as far as i know....,, does SE have a exclusive shops, smooth criminal? :?:

Nemesis said:
this thing still running???? man!!!! there is nothing left in this discussion as is clearly proved by the last few posts...now stop it...hasnt been any good anyway....lets just conclude that every1 has his or her own preferences....i mean if i buy a nokia and it gives me a hard time, i will get some other manufacturer's phone and if that works out, i will trash nokia....same thing if i buy say SE and then go 4 a nokia....so just close the topic...
still, there's a lot of issues to be discussed, m8 i have just posted 2 of my thought he which is:
1. SE does not manufacture(ok, atleast sell) CDMA phones in INDIA.
2. SE does not offer xpress no covers and changeble keypads...
still i have 3 more issues which needs to be adressed

and regarding the preference, nokia is a beter preference..., i agree nothing is perfect..., but comparitively, nokia is better. lifetime of nokia phones are longlasting , when compared to SE.

and regarding the closure of topic, i need all the SE fanatics to come out and clearly say that nokia is a beter phone, then i will ask the mods or raaabo to lock this thread up.moreover nokia and sony erricson are going neck to neck in the polls, still there is no clear winner. i jus want many members to vote for their choice.

lighthouse911 said:
Anyway the upcoming 9500 is going to kick P900's *** reallyyyy hard.
man, u voted for SE and speak for SE, yet u have a nokia phone and most of ur replies are fluctuating, u dont have a clear stand.

lighthouse911 said:
Hmmm, It seems That this thread has become the hottest one in the digit Forums....over 70 reples
when i am posting this there were 75 replies and over 300 views...., and this is the second topic, after the windows versus linux topic to be very popular.
and i see many members (me, smooth, lighthouse,frostt) posting as late as 2:45 am(!) in the morning!
and this topic, was started in qna section !!! most of the members dont visit this discussion. the reason i started here was, most members who wants suggestion to buy a mob. post here, when they see this , the get influenced.

lighthouse911 said:
Anywayz regardless of which is better I had come here to have fun and thankz to smoothcriminal and Dr. grudge( Smile ) I really enjoyed my stay here......
hehe, dude, i tnx and btwn i asked u to call me drgrudge or doctor grudge .

lighthouse911 said:
Next time we will have a Motorola vs Siemens POLL
no, shall we start SE versus motorola thread...., and in that i will vote for motorola only....

lighthouse911 said:
p.s. Are there reallly no mods arnd here????
man, r u afraid? wht wrong did we do here? no personal remarks , we just contradict each other :wink:

Abhijit_T

Journeyman
there u go again comparing smartphones to normal phones
how many times does a thing have to be said to penetrate ur thick skull?
I don't care about the price range, i'm looking at features
compare phones with similar features, which were released at approx. the same time
the best comparison for t610/30 would have to be 6610/6610i/7210/6100....
tell me if u think i'm wrong and why...

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

hey Abhijit_T, where is the reply to my post regarding you (posted after ur post, @10:13 pm)...

u seem to be silent?

Abhijit_T

Journeyman
Ok, lets see...10:13 pm post
Ya, it certainly does seem that u guys are sitting all day waiting for a new post, and then getting impatient when nobody posts anything, and then posting something ursleves

Now why don't u answer my question posted at10:33 pm?
I have the comparison right in front of me now, and it looks like even the K700i kicks the 7610's a**
Should I post it?(Pls ask me to, I'm gonna love it)

Hmm i like some of nokia some of se but the last im sure K700i gives 7610 a kick.Dunn kno wat makes nokia lag in tha display stuff 7610 has killer looks but with a megapixel cam and display of just 65k wats tha realscope .
Come on if u gotta show of ur cam quality uneed 256k as in k700i.
Rest all both balance out.Looks and cam stuff 700i wins.

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
Abhijit_T said:
I don't care about the price range, i'm looking at features
compare phones with similar features, which were released at approx. the same time
the best comparison for t610/30 would have to be 6610/6610i/7210/6100....
tell me if u think i'm wrong and why.

dude.. cool down.. think and then post.. do u see any logic here.. when u buy a phone do u think that u're gonna buy a mobile in this price range (or) im gonna buy normal phone / smart phone...

And bte, u've totally misunderstood the concept.. What is a smart phone? You say that you'd look for more features rather than a smart phone.. By definition, smart phone is a phone capable of doing lot more things than just simply usign as phone.. SO understand it first..

Its unfortunate that SE has very less smart phones.. I can thelp that.. Nokia is SMART.. thats why we have lot more smart phones.. Most Nokia phones above 10k have Symbian OS.. but SE?!?! only the 40k phones have,..

BTW.. 7650 kicks off k700i.. while 7610 kicks k500i... Thats what u askd for..

Now lemme know any match for

1. N Gage / N Gage QD
2. 6310i

AND btw that 29%, 6% thing is to tell u that SE is no where near Nokia.. as drgrudge said it shd've been Nokia vs Motorola..!

And remembr people who invest money have brain, and most of their brains have logically chosen Nokia.. Dont think u & me are the only ones who have brain.. !

Abhijit_T

Journeyman
OK thats it...7610 kicks K700i?Are u nuts?Although K700i is considered a lower-end phone as compared to the 7610, and the S700i is the real competitor, even then the K700i manages to own the 7610

About the 6310i equivalent - what about the T68i?
Owns the 6310i in every way possible

Here is the comparison(7610 vs S700i vs K700i)-

1.Weight
7610 - 118 gms
K700i - 93 gms
S7001 - 137 gms

2.Dimensions
7610 - 109*53*19
K700i - 99*46*20
S700i - 107*49*24

3.Battery Life
7610 - 3 hrs (250 hrs standby)
K700i - 7 hrs (360 hrs standby)
S700i - 7 hrs (300 hrs standby)

4.Display
7610 - 176*208 , 65536 colours
K700i - 176*220, 65536 colours
S700i - 240*320, 262000 colours

5.Platform
7610 - Symbian
K700i - Sony Ericsson
S700i - Sony Ericsson

6.Phone Book Capacity
7610 - Shared Memory
K700i - 510
S700i - 510

7.EDGE
7610 - N
K700i - N
S700i - Y

8.Infrared
7610 - N
K700i - Y
S700i - Y

9.Radio
7610 - N
K700i - Y
S700i - Y

10.Memory
7610 - 8 MB + 64 MB on MMC
K700i - 40 MB
S700i - 32 MB + upto 1GB on exp. card

11.Ringtones
7610 - 32 note polyphonic
K700i - 40 note polyphonic
S700i - 40 note polyphonic

12.WAP Version
7610 - 2.0 XHTML
K700i - 2.0
S700i - 2.0 XHTML

Other features are not compared as they are exactly the same

Abhijit_T

Journeyman
SE T68i vs Nokia 6310i

1.Dimensions
T68i - 101*48*20
6310i - 129*47*17

2.Weight
T681 - 85 gms
6310i - 111 gms

3.Standby Time
T68i - 290 hrs
6310i - 400 hrs

4.Talktime
T68i - 780 m
6310i - 330 m

5.Email
T68i - Y
6310i - N

6.MMS
T68i - Y
6310i - N

7.Display
T68i - 4096 colours, 101*80
6310i - Monochrome

8.Memory
T68i - 1087 KB
6310i - 500 KB

9.WAP Version
T68i - 2.0
6310i - 1.8.1

10.Ringtones
T68i - 8-Note Polyphonic
6310i - Monophonic

11.SyncML
T68i - Y
6310i - N

Other features are not compared as they are exactly the same

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
Arey.. dude.. see my post carefully..

I askd u to be cool.. then only u can think..
SmoothCriminal said:
BTW.. 7650 kicks off k700i.. while 7610 kicks k500i... Thats what u askd for..
Now compare accordingl;y..

Btw.. Do have ANY MATCH for N Gage QD?

Abhijit_T

Journeyman
Do u know how low end a phone K500i is compared to 7610?
theres a price difference of 10k between the 2
Even then, the 7610 only just manages to win
If thats how u want things to be, why don't u compare the T610 to the 3310?Lets see which phone wins
the K500i needs to be compared with phones like 3220, 3200, 6820, etc.
and ur comparing the 7650 to the K700i?
man, that phone is worse than 7610, 4096 colour display, no video recording, bad camera, low memory, but still u want to compare the two...
*www.esato.com/phones/index.php/phone=26,cp=122

Obviously theres no match for the NGage QD, as there is no other phone in its category
Well, if ur asking for matches for the Ngage QD, let me ask u - Do u have any matches for the SE Bluetooth Racing Car?[/url]

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
smoothcriminal, the ngage is a bad idea by nokia...the original 1 hardly sold any pieces and the qd is selling a few just bocoz it is smaller and has an external memory slot....still more factual errors.....i think im gonna just sit and pick out all factual errors in every post so that every1 will b embarrassed abt their mistakes and stop posting....y dont u try and c the other person's point of view???? y do u think abt only ur choice being right and everything else being worng???? open ur minds ppl....and if price comes in then remember that most phones that r being discussed here, strated out at an initial price exceeding 20k and have dropped 2 present levels only bcoz they have been around 4 so long....and instead of fighting over current phones, y not discuss upcoming phones???? smoothcriminal, 7650 kicks K700i??? i dont think so...the K700i is better in every aspect than the 7650 except a non-symbian OS....and a K500i with a 7610??? come on...gimme a break...how can u even think of such a comparison...i mean thr 7610 is a high end phone while the k500i is more of a budget solution....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom