Nokia versus Sony Ericsson

which is better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
ok ppl....first of all, all of u need 2 get ur facts straight as frostt said...but frostt, u have 2 galring holes in ur posts: firstly, the V800 is 4 vodafone not cingular...secondly, 7610 is not EDGE enabled....and also, EDGE is way better than GPRS....there r so many factual blunders in this thread that im shocked...this is nothing but a mud slinging contest..the nokia fans say nokia is the best while the SE fans say that SE is the best...there is nothing more than that in this thread....and ppl, unless u use a nokia CDMA phone, dont say that it serves as an advantage over SE...anyway, SE has CDMA phones in other countries other than India...

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
COmon mate.. i sadi 3220 is a sub 10k EDGE phone..
The 3 nokia phones with edge are 6230(16k) 7610(23k) and i really dont know which is the 3rd u r talking abt...
These phones are not within the reach of normal phone users...
Just in response to it..

and BTW.. i have a T105 wid me rite now.. pls help me on how to send Rigtones / Picture messages.. I dont really know.. I'll realy apprecitae if u help!

Coming to R100.. well mate.. if u wana deliberatelky find faults i cant help.. done u see that the key 'R' is near 'T' and that i referred to T100?.. Huh!

T10 stopped 4 yrs back.!!!!! You said SE started only in 2002.. How come huh! I just wonder if SE has a time machine..!

Im happy with my 3660.. its a gr8 phone.. and btw dont forget the help i askd.. how to send ringontes/images using T105..

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
drgrudge said:
and another thought:
DOES SE HAS A CDMA ENABLED PHONE?
nokia has that too: 3105, 2280 ,etc...

My Earlier Posts on the Good old Prince of CDMA Nokia phone
here : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9514&highlight=3105

Or else you can always read my answer below
I don't have reliance but use Tata indicom...( along with Idea ..with my SonyEricsson k500i but that is not what you want to hear OK)....So i do use Tata indicom's Nokia 3105 ....hmmmm now is it good for a color handset....Frankly i tell you its totally ****... My reasons..
1) It falls down to break into two pieces most of the time...so its embrassing to join them in front of hmmmmm People every time. ( The front panel and the body dont want to stay in place on any contact with ground )
2) The rubbery keypad is the stupidest and most unfriendly on the fingures
3) I have for the stupid handset bought one duplicate DKU 5 Usb cable and failing to make contact bought an original from Nokia Showroom...i have only been able to make contact once ..inspite of tearing my hair on all the sites..and then contacting the service people..
4) Why you want to be caught with the Handset when there are lots better options there...
5) It looks like pig..

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
lighthouse911 said:
hmm.. good.It seems u are following the message in ur sig."never give up"
well, that is my inspiration, never give up in life....well i tell u a short story...

Once a farmer had 2 pots, one was a damaged one and the other one was a normal pot. daily the farmer fetches water from the nearby pond from his two pots.when the farmer bring the pots back to his house,the first pot would be half filled and the second pot will be filled to brim. seeing this the first pot was unhappy to see that it could not help the farmer and it was useless and asked the farmer to break it. the farmer smiled and said, "see, u think that u are useless and on the other hand can u see the path from the pond to my home, it is full of life and green....," the water from the pot had watered the path.

the other thought is the clock thing in my signature.
see, u should never give up in life....

lighthouse911 said:
maybe Nokia is better. What Now???? nothin mate.
your views are highly fluctuating...., one time u say SE and other time u speak of nokia. hmmm, now when all members agree nokia is beter , we shall get this thread locked.

frostt said:
Get ur facts staright and then post...dont click on the first link u find thru google and start spamming arnd...

@drgrudge the same goes for u 2
ok, can u quote a single post of mine where i have found out a link from google and "spammed" here?i tell u, (believe me, ) not even once i have searched for a link or reference from google or even for the matter of fact form other members.

frostt said:
nokia has got a 35%market share only cause indian people dont go for the functionality but for the brand name.....they just dont want 2 check any other option out...
dont u think why they go for brand names?ok let us take for eg, u want to travel to some place here in india itself, there are many airlines, so will go for indian airlines instead of jet/sahara? and take they both quote the same fare...
and other eg, u want to buy a television , there are many local brands and lesser known brands , and we also have sony, samsung, etc..., wht will u buy?
smooth rightly said nokia global market share is 29%.

frostt said:
CDMA phones.....who the hell cares abt cdma phones....only 5 - 10% of mobile users care to carry arnd a cdma phone...and out of those 10 % hardly 1 % carry a nokia cdma phone...most of the people get LG or kyocera phones...So cut the **** abt cdma phones...
see dude, i was just saying nokia manufactures and sell CDMA phones too, where the hell does SE do? all the statistics u tell may be rite, i agree but i jus wanna prove that nokia has it's presense felt in CDMA market also, unlike SE

frostt said:
The 3 nokia phones with edge are 6230(16k) 7610(23k) and i really dont know which is the 3rd u r talking abt...
we were talking about 3220 which costs 11.5k

frostt said:
all they want is a phone with better reception and features which sony is providing now....
bah, sony erricsson might be the first phone to have signal reception related problems..., i am talking abt T105/T100
with nokia u can almost talk with jus a single bar, or sometimes no bar at all...

frostt said:
and what does edge do
lighthouse911 said:
What will u do with Edge !!!
Watch Hutch TV???
Well I hav 6230 and tell u Hutch TV is just a marketin gimmick

as we all know hutch tv is at place and airtel provides live straming video.
well, this is a starting phase of EDGE. it is still not popular.
remember EDGE service is based on NETWORK provider not based on ur hand sets.

gxsaurav said:
The interface of SE phones resembles much like an OS, Windows or Mac, I mean, things are in their respective folders, while in Nokia no such thing.
have u seen 3660 or 6600?

lighthouse911 said:
What has 3220 got over T610 ;;only EDGe;BUT T610 has bluetooth,Irda, bigger screen, and is so much better looking.....
3220 has Irda , so u clear ur mind b4 posting... and talking of looks definetly 3220 looks beter. it glows in dark and has colorful xpress on covers.

lighthouse911 said:
what is the use of having edge on 3220 when u cannot watch live streaming TV
u urself have told that airtel provides live streaming video.
and as i have said b4, EDGe is a network based functionality, when it becomes more popular, more network will offer EDGe service.

lighthouse911 said:
although I have already mentioned that market share does NOT effect anyone's decision which phone he has to buy
ok, it is not the market share , i too agree , but it is the brand name , we look out for. and ofcource, good brand name= large market share

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

freshseasons said:
Frankly i tell you its totally ****... My reasons..
i shall counter argue , all ur reasons.,,,

freshseasons said:
1) It falls down to break into two pieces most of the time...so its embrassing to join them in front of hmmmmm People every time. ( The front panel and the body dont want to stay in place on any contact with ground )
do u play with ur mob? u talk as if want the mob, u stay in it's place , even after all ur playing? why dont u drop SonyEricsson k500i and see whether it breaks or not?
mobs aren't made of iron,

freshseasons said:
2) The rubbery keypad is the stupidest and most unfriendly on the fingures
on the other hand, it will be good for ur "fingures". i agree , it may be small , but that's becoz it is a very compact phone...
u can also change the keypads for it.

freshseasons said:
3) I have for the stupid handset bought one duplicate DKU 5 Usb cable and failing to make contact bought an original from Nokia Showroom...i have only been able to make contact once ..inspite of tearing my hair on all the sites..and then contacting the service people..
why did u buy a hell of duplicate cable and now cry over it?

freshseasons said:
4) Why you want to be caught with the Handset when the
re are lots better options there...
what options does ur SE provide for CDMA type, network providers?in fact nokia itself provides many varities in cdma phones...

freshseasons said:
5) It looks like pig..
so u carry pigs, with u?

mate freshseasons, sorry if i have offended u, but, i need to tell u, wht ever way u tell, i can counter argue....

nokia rulezzzzz

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

and another thought:
with nokia u can change the keypads and covers, as u wish....
is the same possible with SE?

lighthouse911

Broken In
well mate;;; I know that T105/T100 suports EMS.If u want to know just search in ur manual.I do not have time 4 such silly stuff just fr satisfying ur big inflated EGO!

By the way u must also know That Nokia and se use different picture messa ge format. SE,MOto,Siemens and all others use ems while Nokia uses smart messaging......

@Dr. Grudge

Please look at my posts before u make silly coments

Nokia 3220 has EDGe BUT IT DOES NOT HAVE MEDIA PLAYER.SO IT CANNOT PLAY STREAMING VIDEO/Audio

AND DO NOT BRING ME THE FACTS SHEET BECAUSE I HAVE USED THAT PHONE>
Morever 3220 DOES NOT have Infrared....

again and again I have said That DO NOT compare smartphones to normal phones yet u have the nerve to again compare The UI of 6600 to Normal SE Phones........That said I feel the SE is better in UI......

so I think That If someone Needs to CLEAR his mind Then it's U

And the biggest Joke is That 3220 looks better then T610!
wow mate, U should be an art critic!
3220 is one hell of an ugly duckling and manages to look even worse then my 6230;;;
T610;; hell mate,they can't be even compared in the aesthetics department...

anywayz all this regarding looks is a matter of personal opinion!

lighthouse911

Broken In
concerning the matter of T10 It was produced By ERICSSON and not BY SONYERICSSON and as I said It's production was stopped 4 yrs back

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
ahaa.. dude/.. its not my EGO.. i really dono T105 doesnt send ringtones / images to my knowledge..

Rather than simply telolling it sends EMS, tell me how to send.. Manual has no such info..!

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
and btw.. Streaming Video is available on 3220 as per Hutch website.. Dont know why u werent able to do that.. I dont know abt that as well..

*hutch.co.in/corpsite/home/hutchworld/services/hutchtv.asp

But i dont think Hutch is supporting our views..!

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

lighthouse911 said:
@Dr. Grudge
call me Doctor Grudge...., hehe
ok, coming back seriously to counter argue...

lighthouse911 said:
Nokia 3220 has EDGe BUT IT DOES NOT HAVE MEDIA PLAYER.SO IT CANNOT PLAY STREAMING VIDEO/Audio
SmoothCriminal said:
and btw.. Streaming Video is available on 3220 as per Hutch website.. Dont know why u werent able to do that.. I dont know abt that as well..
*hutch.co.in/corpsite/home/hutchworld/services/hutchtv.asp
a nokia dealer said so..., i wasnt sure, anyway see the website.

lighthouse911 said:
Morever 3220 DOES NOT have Infrared....
ok, i agree i overlooked and besides a nokia dealer misguided me.

lighthouse911 said:
again and again I have said That DO NOT compare smartphones to normal phones yet u have the nerve to again compare The UI of 6600 to Normal SE Phones........That said I feel the SE is better in UI......
plz quote where i have said so?
no way, SE can be better in uI, for ur info, 6600 has a joystick also.

lighthouse911 said:
And the biggest Joke is That 3220 looks better then T610!
wow mate, U should be an art critic!
hey lighthouse, everyone has his/her own views, u need to respect it. and still i say, 3220 looks good.

lighthouse911 said:
3220 is one hell of an ugly duckling and manages to look even worse then my 6230;;;
T610;; hell mate,they can't be even compared in the aesthetics department...
3220 cant be called the cutest phone but , certainly it looks good to me.
it has colorful covers, it has a glowing sidepanels, et al.
in my opinion, T610 looks like a overgrown penguin.

lighthouse911 said:
anywayz all this regarding looks is a matter of personal opinion!
even mine! :twisted:

lighthouse911 said:
I know that T105/T100 suports EMS.
and to the best of my knowledge T105 has a wap support , not sure whether it can send a EMS.

hoping to see u,lighthouse soon here and all ur SE friends to argue....

lighthouse911

Broken In
hmm it seems that T105 does HAVE EMS. No I hope u guys know the meaning of EMS. This means u can send animations and sounds through sms......

*www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=in&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pp1_1_1&zone=pp&lm=pp1&pid=10089

lighthouse911

Broken In
HUTCH TV IS NOT "STREAMINg" atleast till today.In Hutch TV u just download some clips and view them on ur cellphone

LIVE STREAMING IS WHAT AIRTEL IS PROVIDING (aajtak and CNBC)

G

gxsaurav

abe yaar,

both are good, both are bad,

Now end the discussion, stikc with what U like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom