which is better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhijit_T

Journeyman
I said it twice earlier, and I say it again -
"All those who criticize SE have never used a SE phone in their life"

Ur talking about better build quality of Nokia over SE?
Man, a blind man can tell which phone is nokia and which is SE when both phones are given in his hand, Nokia build quality sucks that much!!!!!
The Nokia GUI is the worst I've ever seen in my life, period
U say Nokia offers a lot of models, whats the use if most of the models are similar to each other except the design?(Which also changes only slightly)
And heres a fact - No phone ever has and never will replicate the success of the SE T610, no Nokia phone atleast
SmoothCriminal, what SE phone compares to 3660/6600?
Well, what about the K700i?Although I wouldn't say it compares, as it totally kicks both their a****
Come on SE lovers, lets show these Nokia fanboys what SE really is!!!!

ishaan

Padawan
SE ROX

i got a p900 it plain rox

i used 2 totally luv nokia but now i like se more

tho im not saying nokias bad....but se is better :lol:

rohanbee

Padawan
SONY ERICSSON RULES

ive always had a ericsson phone (5 to be precise till now!!!) . Top notch quality and top notch service (maybe slightly a few years back). They not only are on top for cutting edge technology but also good value for money paid.

Asthetically also sony rules the roost.............nokia seems quite confused about what its doing?!

Agreed that nokia has the value conscious market covered but where top of the line is sony ericsson is the rolls royce and nokia is the maruti..........

lighthouse911

Broken In
drgrudge said:
lighthouse911 said:
My dad also has a 6610 and it as very bad build quality(Although I must admit that it is very strong phone)
6610 is a strong phone and a bad built quality :eek:

WHat I meant that 6610 is very loosely assembled.The covers do not properly fit on the main body..

BY "STRONG" I meant that If the mobile phone falls It would not break easily....

Now go and analyse these statements before making another "Pro Nokia" post.....

Nokia is good BUt SE RULEZ.

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
Well, what about the K700i?Although I wouldn't say it compares, as it totally kicks both their a****

Woohoo!!!!!
We're winning!!!!!!

Comon.. we're not kids to fite, mine is good and urs is not.. Just becoz u have a SE.. I have used Moto C350, SE T105, Nokia 2100 and now Noia 3660.. so to me, Nokia is the BEST..

Ok u guys answer me the foll Qns.. Why are Nokia phones the most successful.. not only in India, but throughtout the world.. I hope u agree Nokia sells more than any other phone.. if u dont bliv this also, i can nbring stats fomr the web..

Lemme tell u.. SE T610 has a STN disp thou its 65k.. 3660 & 6600 have TFT disp.. T610 has no video recrding btw.. Can u install software like Bluejack on these? Ofcourse i do agree SE phones have their own softwwre.. but they are limited.. Do u have a "call Cheater' software's replica for SE?

Coming to K700i, well i do agree its a good phone.. But tell me what about memory.. it has just a 2 MB memory.. while u can put a MMC card of upto 1024 MB on 3660/6600.. i mean there's no MMC slot in K700i.. so whats the use? how much customisation can u make..

Further K700i hasnt got a Symbian OS..

Finally tell me one EDGE enabled SE phone.. I dont know if one exists.. if so, lemme know.. Nokia has 3220, 6220, 6230 etc..

So now.. Nokia Rules.. if u can prove my points wrong..!

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
WHat I meant that 6610 is very loosely assembled.The covers do not properly fit on the main body..

BY "STRONG" I meant that If the mobile phone falls It would not break easily....

Now go and analyse these statements before making another "Pro Nokia" post.....

Nokia is good BUt SE RULEZ.

I gfuess ur local vendor has cheated u with a phone with changed Panel.. Nokia phones are known for their COMPACT assembly.. Even our drgrudge has 6610.. ask him..!
!

It's plane and simple
SE UI is just like WINDOWS XP

Nokia is more like DOS

Nokia is faster But SO BORINg

Really funny... Nokia 3660/6600 have Symbian OS which are renowned throughout the world.. Tell me what OS SE T610 and K700i have?.. Its really funny that u're comparing XP to SE..! It shd be vice versa..!

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Abhijit_T said:
I said it twice earlier, and I say it again -
"All those who criticize SE have never used a SE phone in their life"
i had once used SE t105, it was a damp squib.... it had a weak signal reception, and it dint have a good value for money , after i wanted to sell it...

Abhijit_T said:
The Nokia GUI is the worst I've ever seen in my life, period
man nokia gui is the best...., if u talk abt anything other, i can accept, but in terms of GUI, nokia rulezzz
u guys simply want to propagate SE blindly...

Abhijit_T said:
U say Nokia offers a lot of models, whats the use if most of the models are similar to each other except the design?(Which also changes only slightly)
u know even SE have similar models
t100 and t105
t630 and t610
remember nokia has a really wide range and they have slight similarity btwn them..
and talking abt design, 7600 is a leaf shapped one and 7610 is also a different model, not a usual bar shapped one...

Abhijit_T said:
Come on SE lovers, lets show these Nokia fanboys what SE really is!!!!
at the end of the day, we see who the winner is....

rohanbee said:
Agreed that nokia has the value conscious market covered but where top of the line is sony ericsson is the rolls royce and nokia is the maruti..........
u compare mobs and cars, ok...
shall i tell mine...
nokia = skoda (obbesed with quality)
SE = old lambreta :D

Abhijit_T said:
Woohoo!!!!!
We're winning!!!!!!
R u a kid to tell, u r winning and all? wait till the end of day,

NO ELECTION IS WON AFTER EVERY SINGLE VOTE HAS BEEN COUNTED

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

and another thought:
DOES SE HAS A CDMA ENABLED PHONE?
nokia has that too: 3105, 2280 ,etc...

lighthouse911

Broken In
Uff I have got Tired of fighting But I guess I have to reply here...

See You reall cannot compare a NORMAL phone TO a SMARTPHONE!
When will u guys understand that!

For GOD"S sake If u want to compare nokia smartphones then go and look at P900... and do not mention the price factor..compare smartphone to a smartphone

compare phones like T610,K700i to normal Nokia phones like 6230,7250,6610i,6170,etc....

smartphones are different and everyone knowas that Nokia makes the world's BEST "Cheap" smartphones like 3660,6600....

and fr ur kind information all these symbian software's like "bluejack, "callcheater, and "total ir" can also be installed on P800,900,910

Now tell me which UI will u prefer 6230 or K700i
there is no comparison mate

which UI would u like 7610 or P910i???

and u say that nokia is a market leader in phones???
some people never learn and in turn misguide others
anyway it is good beacuse i do not think there is a mody arnd here to take care of flames!

do u know nokia has come down frm 37% to somewhere arnd 27%
do u know Se started making phones only in 2002]]

p.s. this all is rubbish talk.Let's close this thread.We can do better things then flame each other!

@drgrudge

how can having CDMA phones make Nokia a better choice???
Do u know SE has 23 3G models in Japan.Does that make SE a better choice

also SE is going to launch V800 which does have edge...

frostt

Broken In
dude......V800 isnt going to be launched for asia it seems.....i am sorry to contradict there.....it is solely for cingular as for now....

As for this topic it is very intesting..although i voted for nokia, i have 2 agree that this year belonged to sony...with phones like the K700i,S700 and P910i....it crushed all the competition it had...but what next.....sony has got no other plans left as there are no announcments for new phones....nokia on the other hand has already announced that it will launch 40 new phones next year....

So it is a very difficult topic to continue....nokia had been leading the stage...but his year sony appeared on top.....with samsung and motorola close behind......

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
Thats why.. u r rite.. SE is always laggin bhind..

@lighthouse: and btw.. have ur facts rite..

V800 is NOT EDGE enabled..

*phone.mobile9.com/sony-ericsson/v800/

and Sony ericsson started mkin phones only in 2002 huh.. well Sony was a separate company, and ericsson was separate,., they've been in the indutry since inception.. u haven't seens sony phones and ericsson phones?? both were big failures and hence they joined togehte... nothing els.e.!

u r posting ur own facts huh!??!

OK.. leme compare P900 with Nokia 9500.. . 9500 is EDGE enabled.. Its also Wi-Fi enabled.. while P900 isnt EDGE/Wi-fi enabled..

further.. P900 has an internal memory of 16 MB while an expansinon slot for 32 MB is provided..

9500 has 80 MB internal memory plus a MMC slot (upto 1 GB)..

P900 is a Symbian phone.. well.. most Nokia phones above 10k are Symbian.. while SE has only its trump card: P900/800 as Symbian..!

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

lighthouse911 said:
smartphones are different and everyone knowas that Nokia makes the world's BEST "Cheap" smartphones like 3660,6600....
6600 costs rs 16k and 3660 costs rs. 17k, do u mean to say they are cheap?

lighthouse911 said:
Now tell me which UI will u prefer 6230 or K700i
there is no comparison mate

which UI would u like 7610 or P910i???
6230 costs much less than p910i.. p910i costs around 40k....

lighthouse911 said:
and u say that nokia is a market leader in phones???
some people never learn and in turn misguide others
do you still have doubt , over, which is the market leader, in india alone 35% market share..

lighthouse911 said:
@drgrudge

how can having CDMA phones make Nokia a better choice???
Do u know SE has 23 3G models in Japan.Does that make SE a better choice
ok, u talk abt wht they presently offer u m8, in india SE does not have or sell cdma phones...

lighthouse911 said:
also SE is going to launch V800 which does have edge...
nokia already sells 3 models in edge type phones...

frostt

Broken In
smooth criminal dude....if u look at it...its just been 2 years that took sony to kick out nokia from the battle...that is sm achievment...

As for u comparing a 9500 and a P900 i agree with u...but u will surely agree that nokia launched 9500 this yearand it isnt even available yet..as for P900 its been there for arnd a year now....so if u look at it...sony is way ahead of nokia in terms of phones...

besides who cares abt edge abd wifi.....the v800 is an awesome phone...a clamshell with a 1.3mp cam with a ccd senor and a 262 k screen...nokia on the other hand has just got the 6630 as its best bid...that has a 1.23mp cam thant 2 with a cmos sensor....whereas the s700 which is available is better than the 6630 already in terms of hardware...

Get ur facts staright and then post...dont click on the first link u find thru google and start spamming arnd...

@drgrudge the same goes for u 2

nokia has got a 35%market share only cause indian people dont go for the functionality but for the brand name.....they just dont want 2 check any other option out...but thats changing soon......CDMA phones.....who the hell cares abt cdma phones....only 5 - 10% of mobile users care to carry arnd a cdma phone...and out of those 10 % hardly 1 % carry a nokia cdma phone...most of the people get LG or kyocera phones...So cut the crap abt cdma phones...
nokia already sells 3 edge phones....and what does edge do....a higher rate of dload from the GPRS network.....edge isnt even fully implemented in india...and the providers like hutch and orange who are providing it them selves say that its nthing if compared to normal phones.....they have just made advertsiment for edge phones..providing edge users with big files to dload.....i agree that edge phones dload them easily...but non edge phones will just take sm more time to dload them na..thats it....as u cant do anythng else while u r dloading smthing thru gprs....it hardly matters if it takes2 mins more to dload a file...
The 3 nokia phones with edge are 6230(16k) 7610(23k) and i really dont know which is the 3rd u r talking abt...
These phones are not within the reach of normal phone users...no1 cares to get edge...all they want is a phone with better reception and features which sony is providing now....

lighthouse911

Broken In
@drgrudge
6600 is 16k and 3660 is 11k

16k is cheap compared to 39k (P910i)

also being a market leader and makin good phones is not the same thing!

What will u do with Edge !!!
Watch Hutch TV???
Well I hav 6230 and tell u Hutch TV is just a marketin gimmick

@smoothcriminal

Ericsson was a big failure!!!!!!???

I think It is time u check oiut the facts man!!!!!
It was at that time the 2nd biggest mobile phone maker in the world...
and u call it as failure?? strange

and the marketshare that u all guys keep ravin abt is there only because of cheap phones like 3310,3315,1100......

They account for most of sales in nokia lineup
nokia is only quantity no quality....
just see the no. of extra models nokia has out here...

G

gxsaurav

Nokia has big market share due to it's value phones, which are strictly Phones Only,.no frills, compare a T230 with a value Nokia phone & U will know what I m saying

The interface of SE phones resembles much like an OS, Windows or Mac, I mean, things are in their respective folders, while in Nokia no such thing.

I m not saying that Nokia is bad, but SE beats it in many places, while Nokia kicks SE when it comes to sub5k phones

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
besides who cares abt edge abd wifi.....
huh! then wat else are u lukin for in a Smart phone!

And tell me 1 Fact that i got wrong.,. ahaa this guy says Ericsson wasnt a failure in mobiles!..

well.. mate.. SE does hav sub 5k phones.. R100, T105, T10 sc, T230 etc etc.. But why dont these phone come upto Nokia phones?

Let me clarify.. Nokia's mkkt share has come down.. agreed.. But.. SE is nowhere compared to Nokia.. Here's the mkr order in this reg:

1. Nokia - 29% mkt share
2.Motorola
3.Samsung
4.Siemens
5. SE - 6% mkt share

So, dont talk about mkt share here.. SE fans.. u r no where near..

Proof:

*www.ecommercetimes.com/story/34343.html

nokia has got a 35%market share only cause indian people dont go for the functionality but for the brand name....

Man Nokia's 29% share is worldwide.. not only in India..what do u say abt this?

The 3 nokia phones with edge are 6230(16k) 7610(23k) and i really dont know which is the 3rd u r talking abt...
These phones are not within the reach of normal phone users...no1 cares to get edge...

Its really funny that u call 6230/7610 as out of reach of normal users, while u use the P900 and other 40k phones to counter my arguements!! Whats abt 3220?? its a sub 10k phone.. EDGE enabled.. and if u dont know the use of EDGE dont spk abt it.. EDGE is definitely a better technology than GPRS n HSCSD..

all they want is a phone with better reception and features which sony is providing now....

Why is Nokia Ngage more popular?... All nokia phones have good reception.. Do u have anything like Ngage or the 7600 in SE..?

Coing to ur point of sub 5k phones.. lets talk abt T105/100.. can u send ringtones or pic msgs from thiese phones? no way.. but u can send from 3310/3315/1100/2100 etc..

lighthouse911

Broken In
What a joke u r mate!

1st thing= u can send ringtones/picture messages via T105
so better clear up ur doubts before posting

2nd thing=u say 3220, I say T610; What has 3220 got over T610 ;;only EDGe;BUT T610 has bluetooth,Irda, bigger screen, and is so much better looking..... what is the use of having edge on 3220 when u cannot watch live streaming TV(and do not jump at me because I am not referring to Hutch TV)

3rd= Some Se models u mention are not avilable anywhere.... R100???? what's that

The production of T10 was stopped 4 yrs back

and comparing T230 with nokia 2100 or 1100 will be brutal , don't u think!

and although I have already mentioned that market share does NOT effect anyone's decision which phone he has to buy

so I hope to make conclusion that u only buy things that have largest marketshare......(generally cheap things)
Then do urself a favour ....this time when u go out to buy a cellphone get urself a 3310;; That cellphone alone has 20% marketshare in India :)

p.s. Just jokin man, do not mind.I am sorry If I have offended you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom