Nokia 808 PureView launched at Rs. 33,899, hits shelves today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krow

Crowman
Some of the comments here feel so biased. :lol: I've tried the phone and the only real cons are that it is bulky, slightly heavy and has an outdated os.

The camera is brilliant both for pics and video. Music sounds amazing even on regular stereo headsets.

I would prefer this phone while travelling. Hate carrying bulky cameras.

Nokia began developing this phone five years ago. Guess what was the king OS then. That's right, symbian.

All said, a Pureview Lumia would be killer. But it's not like this phone is too overpriced or bad. :)

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
It is the first phone with optical zoom I think.
And guys its a 41MP sensor, in actual its not a 41MP camera.It can shoot upto 41MP.
In a month it will be available for 25k I guess after all 33k is the MRP of the handset, that happens with almost with every phone of Nokia

No optical zoom in this.
IIRC, Nokia N93 had 3X optical zoom, released way back in 2006/07 maybe.

sujoyp

Grand Master
its camera is great...even photographers acknowledge it...yes the OS is old and crap but still usable :) but price of around 26k is good for it

robbinghood

Journeyman
U cant carry a SLR everytime and thats where phone cam comes handy and 808 can click perfect pictures under any conditions. check out the reviews of the camera,it looks really promising.
yaa..agreed that its a bit overpriced. probably it will come down in few months as other nokia phones did..

Yes, you are correct!

Some of the comments here feel so biased. :lol: I've tried the phone and the only real cons are that it is bulky, slightly heavy and has an outdated os.

The camera is brilliant both for pics and video. Music sounds amazing even on regular stereo headsets.

I would prefer this phone while travelling. Hate carrying bulky cameras.

Nokia began developing this phone five years ago. Guess what was the king OS then. That's right, symbian.

All said, a Pureview Lumia would be killer. But it's not like this phone is too overpriced or bad. :)

I agree with your comment.

No optical zoom in this.
IIRC, Nokia N93 had 3X optical zoom, released way back in 2006/07 maybe.

Get your facts right!

Should be a great buy around 26k.

Edit :

IIRC Nokia 808 has 3x digital "lossless" zoom.
So I assume it is as good as having 3x optical zoom.

Yes

crap OS , gr8 cam. Flop phone.

Can't say yet.

its camera is great...even photographers acknowledge it...yes the OS is old and crap but still usable :) but price of around 26k is good for it

Like I said 30k was sweet.

vaibhavl

Broken In
I read a detailed review of this phone. Everything is good, but I just fail to understand the logic behind 41 mp camera.....

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I doubt that price will drop to 25K that soon.

Nokia is not interested in promoting this phone. It looks like they are just doing it for contractual obligations or something. They will release limited stocks and keep the price. Whoever needs it, will buy it at the price offered.

They are offering this so that the enthusiasts will appreciate PureView technology and hope they will jump when it is offered on Windows Phone platform later. This is like a beta test to debug the PureView technology.

Releasing in limited stocks means it will not be able to revive the Symbian platform and there are enough numbers to debug this technology too.

Yeah. I need to get it soon :)

Last edited:

robbinghood

Journeyman
I doubt that price will drop to 25K that soon.

Nokia is not interested in promoting this phone. It looks like they are just doing it for contractual obligations or something. They will release limited stocks and keep the price. Whoever needs it, will buy it at the price offered.

They are offering this so that the enthusiasts will appreciate PureView technology and hope they will jump when it is offered on Windows Mobile platform later. This is like a beta test to debug the PureView technology.

Releasing in limited stocks means it will not be able to revive the Symbian platform and there are enough numbers to debug this technology too.

Yeah. I need to get it soon :)

Pureview is not coming to Windows at the moment, also WP 8 is yet to come, no pureview for WP8, so Pureview will take time to come to the Lumia(windows).

noob

Cyborg Agent
Lumia Did not Fail, sales are growing. :lol::lol:

lol...sales growing? ha ha...the number of free lumia handsets given on contests might now exceed the total sales of Lumia handsets ha ha :-D

You need to get out more often, micromax
What i posted is a fact and my observations. i dont have any problems accepting facts. I myself own both , SGS as well as boring Lumia 800 phone. :cool:

noob

Cyborg Agent
Oh and speaking about sales ? Nokia to cut 10,000 jobs
See this and comments too : *plus.google.com/113117251731252114390/posts/dK7LawnzJ3u

robbinghood

Journeyman
lol...sales growing? ha ha...the number of free lumia handsets given on contests might now exceed the total sales of Lumia handsets ha ha :-D

Yeah, that was funny, Nokia is one of the most Social Mobile Companies.

Oh and speaking about sales ? Nokia to cut 10,000 jobs
See this and comments too : *plus.google.com/113117251731252114390/posts/dK7LawnzJ3u

It happens mate, Job cuts happen in every big or small company!

What i posted is a fact and my observations. i dont have any problems accepting facts. I myself own both , SGS as well as boring Lumia 800 phone. :cool:

By the way, Lumia ranks in top 10 smartphones on Digit

Digit Top 10 Best Smartphones in India | 2012 Smart Phones Features | Thinkdigit Top 10 Mobiles

noob

Cyborg Agent
Yeah, that was funny, Nokia is one of the most Social Mobile Companies.

lol..yeah..never did for any of their previous handsets.. :)

It happens mate, Job cuts happen in every big or small company!
Sure it does..but given that they have now started to use cash reserves,decline in market share and Now this job cuts... you dont need to be an expert to predict the future. RIM killed BB and Nokia killed themselves.

By the way, Lumia ranks in top 10 smartphones on Digit
ROFL... best comment ever. Volume of sales(and hence market share etc) predict the rankings..not a Digit forum.

d3p

PowerHouse
what is bloody wrong with this device ??? Otherthan the hefty mean minded price tag & outdated hardware...

[Youtube]nK5U8BMv4HA[/youtube]

noob

Cyborg Agent
Yet, you post at Digit Forums?

Dude,this is a discussion forum so that we can share our views.

Secondly, "Digit Mag" top mobile rankings can't be considered to prove a point. It is done via market share. that's it. If it doesn't sales, then its flop/loss.
Business 101 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom