Nokia 808 PureView launched at Rs. 33,899, hits shelves today

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbinghood

Journeyman
Dude,this is a discussion forum so that we can share our views.

Secondly, "Digit Mag" top mobile rankings can't be considered to prove a point. It is done via market share. that's it. If it doesn't sales, then its flop/loss.
Business 101 :)

Fair Enough!

Ruben

Broken In
Is useless.Because its symbian.Nokia is supposedly trying to revive the symbian market with this phone.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Nokia is supposedly trying to revive the symbian market with this phone.

Nope. Nokia is NOT reviving Symbian ever. This probably happened because the whole thing was developed on Symbian (as a previous poster has said, PureView started around 5 years back when Symbian was the king)

Unfortunately as Nokia have stated, Windows Phone is not yet capable enough for PureView. It should appear there later.

Right now they need to survive until then. They are just doing a Kingfisher here ;) :) :shock:

robbinghood

Journeyman
Nope. Nokia is NOT reviving Symbian ever. This probably happened because the whole thing was developed on Symbian (as a previous poster has said, PureView started around 5 years back when Symbian was the king)

Unfortunately as Nokia have stated, Windows Phone is not yet capable enough for PureView. It should appear there later.

Right now they need to survive until then. They are just doing a Kingfisher here ;) :) :shock:

Yes, this 808 could be the last symbian smartphone! Ofc, there will be S40 and S30 series phones, but I don't classify them as smartphones at all!

Those who want to see the Pureview imaging feat ! Take the blind test here

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/158568-take-blind-test.html#post1677276

PureView, as a technology should be appreciated. Whether it achieves enough sells or not is another question.
I am impressed by PureView and Nokia's desire to give something radically different and innovation. Great job Nokia!

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Still available at Flipkart for full price.
Out of stock in official Nokia site nokia.indiatimes.com
Out of stock in Saholic.com (Next stock expected by June 20th)
Still available at Buytheprice.com for Rs.32,500.

Best deal at Adexmart.com for Rs.31,690.

Hmmm... Looks like they launched it with EXTREMELY limited stocks.

Candid

Right off the assembly line
Guess HS18 has a superdeal on pureview sometime. I'd be interested in seeing their price. Fk has it at full price, while other sites have it at around 32-33k. I don't expect Nokia to drop prices of pureview themselves.

amjath

Human Spambot
I found this on a disgus comment section and wanted to share which I envied pureview camera

*img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/201206170242wyt803g4ej.jpg

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
808 PureView camera tests. Don't miss the 2nd one for sure.

Nokia 808 PureView blind test: The sum of all pixels - GSMArena.com

Nokia 808 PureView vs Olympus E-PL2 vs Canon 5D Mark III vs Apple iPhone 4S: 38MP shootout - GSMArena Blog

rider

as Kratos
Little bit overpriced, should be in 28-30k. It's best for a journalist, photographer and those who wants to capture DSLR quality pictures from their phone anytime.

Nokia says it is the last phone from nokia-symbian family :lol:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Maybe its true. Highend Symbian mobiles are not selling well and totally discontinued in US. Makes sense but S40 will continue to be sold. They are like Nokia's pocket money.

So, Nokia N9 ---> end of Meego
Nokia Pureview ---> end of Symbian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom