Nokia 808 PureView launched at Rs. 33,899, hits shelves today

Status
Not open for further replies.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Source:
Nokia 808 PureView launched at Rs. 33,899, hits shelves today - Mobile Phone | ThinkDigit News

Nokia has finally launched the 808 PureView in India, giving it an MOP of Rs. 33,899. The new 41MP camera phone will supposedly be available on shelves from today itself, starting with Nokia Priority stores.

Hmmm... Finally. But it feels overpriced.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Nikon D3100 SLR: SLR: Camera Review, Price in India, Compare: Flipkart.com

use this instead

Vignesh B

Youngling
Am not getting the point, people would spend 33k just for a good camera?
Personally given the option, I would rather go with a decent ultra-zoom & a midrange smartphone.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Am not getting the point, people would spend 33k just for a good camera?
Personally given the option, I would rather go with a decent ultra-zoom & a midrange smartphone.

yes.... there is a difference between SLR camera and smartphone camera.

if photography is the point of purchase .. you better buy a good camera..

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Overpriced yes. By about 5,000 I would say.

For someone looking for just a phone with excellent camera, superb music then this is it.
On the other hand, those looking to install hundreds of applications and interested in customising the OS etc should look elsewhere.

And for all those recommending digital cameras / SLRs, please understand that the best camera for any situation is the one you have in your hand and a mobile is the one which is always with you.

I have a Nokia 6220 Classic with 5MP Carl Zeiss AutoFocus optics backed by xenon flash and I know the importance of one. I have seen the Nokia N8 and am really longing for this 808.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I cannot understand how can they stuff 41MPs into such a tiny cam.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Technology is evolving towards miniaturisation. Further there is 5 years worth of R&D behind this as per Nokia claim.

Generally reviewers on the internet are happy with the camera results. It is the supporting hardware/software that disappoints them though :(

aroraanant

Explorer
It is the first phone with optical zoom I think.
And guys its a 41MP sensor, in actual its not a 41MP camera.It can shoot upto 41MP.
In a month it will be available for 25k I guess after all 33k is the MRP of the handset, that happens with almost with every phone of Nokia

robbinghood

Journeyman
It is the first phone with optical zoom I think.
And guys its a 41MP sensor, in actual its not a 41MP camera.It can shoot upto 41MP.
In a month it will be available for 25k I guess after all 33k is the MRP of the handset, that happens with almost with every phone of Nokia

Wrong, it shoots max of 38 MP.

How is it Useless? Please explain?

Not worth the cost

IMO, Price of 30k was sweet.

camera is great. Should be priced around 25k

Not going to happen but wait for 2 months, maybe a price drop :) Nokia phones always have a price drop sooner than most Mobile manufacturers. :wink:

Not bad actually. In non low-light conditions, this cam at 5mp actually performs similar to older generation entry-level SLRs.

Actually, it shoots 8MP and 5MP noiseless pics!

amjath

Human Spambot
FYI
We take Nokia 808 PureView for a walk, camera and video samples await you inside - GSMArena Blog

techno

Evil Genius
Source:
Nokia 808 PureView launched at Rs. 33,899, hits shelves today - Mobile Phone | ThinkDigit News

Hmmm... Finally. But it feels overpriced.

Its A not Mouth Watering Price, Bcz ITs OS Is In Ventilation, Should be witnin 25k or less....:!::huh?:

reniarahim1

Youngling
U cant carry a SLR everytime and thats where phone cam comes handy and 808 can click perfect pictures under any conditions. check out the reviews of the camera,it looks really promising.
yaa..agreed that its a bit overpriced. probably it will come down in few months as other nokia phones did..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom