No sending more than 100 SMS per day from September 27

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Some People on this forum are so naive and I thought that people having interest in technology actually use more brain than others. :(

Please do not view at this limitation from your perspective only. You may not like to send sms, and that's totally ok but limiting a medium of communication just to tackle a genuine issue is wrong and we all should oppose it.
How would you feel if TRAI imposes a limitation on the minutes of talktime per day or number of calls be made in a day?
Widen your perspective guys, please.

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
I thought that people having interest in technology actually use more brain than others.
Not true honestly.

The limit imposition may not be the best thing, but I suppose a lot of us would be happy if it does stop ad messages.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
From today the msgs which earlier came in format like "TD-DEAL" comes like "TD-0381". All words replaced by random nos. :-?

Tech&ME

Banned
BANK sms will not be blocked. This is only a partial BLOCK to take down insurance companies and the likes of it at this moment.

There are exceptions to the BLOCKED companies list who send out bulk sms.

Genuine companies will have to apply to TRAI if they want to send SMS alert to their prospective clients and customers. If approved by TRAI, this GENUINE companies will be allowed to send the SMS.

For example Airlines are already out of this rule. They can send e-Ticket info, flight re-schedule info, cancellation info, etc.

Indian Railways (IRCTC) is another example.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
People on this forum are so naive and I thought that people having interest in technology actually use more brain than others. :(

Please do not view at this limitation from your perspective only. You may not like to send sms, and that's totally ok but limiting a medium of communication just to tackle a genuine issue is wrong and we all should oppose it.
How would you feel if TRAI imposes a limitation on the minutes of talktime per day or number of calls be made in a day?

We are not favoring it, but the menace has become so huge there is no other medium. Like when gangrene spreads to a limb it has to be chopped off. Since our government let the rot spread -- and service providers (read disrespectful Indians who care jack about others+0.00 civic sense) decided to abuse the system year on year this had to be done.

Sarath

iDota
People on this forum are so naive and I thought that people having interest in technology actually use more brain than others. :(

There are a lot more people opposing it than supporting it. As someone who is indeed supporting the move, I have found about 20-30% of the people in this thread show support for it.

The reason for support is:
A lot of people don't use more than 100 SMSes per day
AND​
A lot lot lot of people are annoyed with spam messages in their inbox

Limiting a redundant medium of communication is fine and tackling a menace is good.
"How would you feel if TRAI imposes a limitation on the minutes of talktime per day or number of calls be made in a day?" This hasn't really happened so it is not a favouring point in your justice. There would never be a cap on calls, ever, AFAIK.

Kindly do not use the word "forum" to talk about individual posts when this thread clearly has as many variations in views as can be.

I have seen a similar kind of situation in other threads. The only solution has been to make your view and respect others views. The flamewars start when one tries to impose their views on others. I have seen a lot of threads being locked up for this reason. Try not to influence on others views or pass judgement on someone else's viewpoint

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
@Sarath: no need to get emotional buddy, and I didn't wrote that about you. Anyway, I know what you said is right, I changed my statement.

J

Joker

lol..if u used to send more than 100 SMSes per day..let me tell u that u have no life.

dont worry..this limit will be dealt with in the civilized india of the future where people know what sms are for.

get whatsapp for your mobile and a 2g monthly plan. enjoy yourself. dont disturb the civilized people of this uncivilized country.

i wish all these smsiya, orkuttiya, facebookiya and twittiya 'addicts' are sent to some other country of their own...a remote island would be a nice place. idiots all of them.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
guys this 100 smses limit seems to have worked wonders..i just got 1 spam sms till now & usually in about half a day i receive atleast 8 spam smses..oh god bless you TRAI... :p :D

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Guys am registered fully blocked in DND long back.

But during ICICI net banking, i was not receiving OTP(one time password) messages.I had to send an sms to number to get it.Is it because of this regulation?.Am not sure , i tried only once yesterday.

Anyone else receiving OTP msg while ICICI net banking normally?

Also this bsnl has increased sms rate from 1p/sms to 3p/sms...hmmmm

J

Joker

^^ Man, you seems to be too harsh on them. Any personal grudge?
u think I am being harsh? atleast I didnt say they should jump off a cliff/building or shoot themselves and die.

personal grudge??? I think I should ask them if they have any personal grudge against me. :|

Top Bottom