No sending more than 100 SMS per day from September 27

clmlbx

Technomancer
airtel Is following this from a long time. I don't remember the date when it started but it exist on it all plans. a tleast from months.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Re: TRAI restricts number of SMS to 100 per day

Something similar was in news a few months ago too... :|

I will only be happy if I stop getting message from "TD-XYZ"!! Its very frustrating.. :x

Instead of this, let them charge telemarketers Re 1/- per advertising SMS they send. And out of that 10ps tax and 90ps credited to user who gets the advertisement. :D

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Instead of this, let them charge telemarketers Re 1/- per advertising SMS they send. And out of that 10ps tax and 90ps credited to user who gets the advertisement. :D
I wish this happens!! :D

And why not to credit the user for calls too? I will love advertisers then! :D

Sarath

iDota
Oh wow. I am so glad this came up. If you are listening TRAI, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. This is like the best news I have heard in a long time.

Man if they had announced this in front of me, I would have kissed their feet.

Thanks for taking the first few steps into saving humanity. Now people will start "telling" what they want to, using god gifted human speech, instead of using a 100SMSes to convey the same.

eagle_y2j

Youngling
Oh wow. I am so glad this came up. If you are listening TRAI, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. This is like the best news I have heard in a long time.

Man if they had announced this in front of me, I would have kissed their feet.

Thanks for taking the first few steps into saving humanity. Now people will start "telling" what they want to, using god gifted human speech, instead of using a 100SMSes to convey the same.

But empathy towards persons who can't speak also need consideration ..

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Instead of catching hold of the telemarketers and the buffoons who call us to sell crap, they implement a lame mechanism like this. Most telemarketers use bulk sms sending websites and not SIMs. These days the SMSs' start at 8 : 00 AM and continue till like 11 : 00 PM at night. And I have stopped picking up land line numbers. Period. Just insane. There is no respect for consumers. Typical India.

eagle_y2j

Youngling
Rather than improving standard of telecome services :p

TR AI moron3 are busy making stupid policies ..

TR AI moron3 take steps for improving wireless data and voice services :p

large part of country don't have good wireless signals take a note of that also ..

Sarath

iDota
But seriously a 100 messages per day? How many people need more than than a hundred?
[I know a huge percentage of people do actually]

I am glad because I just wish some of my friends would tell me when I am right in front of them rather than wait for me to head back home and check my texts. The only time of my life I needed more than a hundred messages was when I was trying to impress a girl. :-D (seriously) Normal life after that didn't need a surplus of message quote.

Top Bottom