No sending more than 100 SMS per day from September 27

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
But the decision didn' curbed spammers even a bit, at least in my case. I get at least 10-20 promo msgs and 10 calls daily :pullhair:

Sarath

iDota
Spam has stopped almost completely for me. Not a single spam for the past 2 months.

200 message limit though makes more sense.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Obviously :p I kept it disabled to get call rates offer msgs ;) But with it, other promo msgs like dealsandyou, fashionandyou screw me :x

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
do people in this country really message 200 times a day??Anyways..as long as it curbs spamming..i am all in favour..before the 100 sms rule..i used to get 10+ spam messages..that has reduced by half now..so..yay!!

noob

Cyborg Agent
Obviously :p I kept it disabled to get call rates offer msgs ;) But with it, other promo msgs like dealsandyou, fashionandyou screw me :x

FYI : even if you enable DND, you still get "call rates offer msgs" cauz its direct from your service provider. I do get it regularly like once a week

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^^Really? If I'm right these types of msgs/calls come under telemarketing promotion, hence banned after DND ? I had heard, after DND, NO msgs at all.

Krow

Crowman
FYI : even if you enable DND, you still get "call rates offer msgs" cauz its direct from your service provider. I do get it regularly like once a week

I don't get even that. Send START 0 to 1909. Blocks all ads.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

I never got that kind of msg after activating dnd.

:lol: this the no of sms i send in a year.

same here. :p May be lesser than 30. I make phone calls to wish/talk/emergency communication etc.

should have reduced to 50 rather.

Then youngsters will start to kill themselves due to lack of sms sending opportunities.

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
^^Really? If I'm right these types of msgs/calls come under telemarketing promotion, hence banned after DND ? I had heard, after DND, NO msgs at all.

Dear dashing sujay,
You always forget "It happens only in India"
DND does not work, they always find ways in and around the system.

Krow

Crowman
Dear dashing sujay,
You always forget "It happens only in India"
DND does not work, they always find ways in and around the system.

Dear montsa007, I get no calls or smses from advertisers at all. I know at least 10 others who don't get any spam. They haven't found a way around this block yet.

Top Bottom