'Nirbhaya' case convict interviewed in jail (in 2013)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I didn't say that YOU are comparing. I meant that in context that one should not compare Bollywood to Indian society.

However Bollywood is so popular here that both are seen as one and the same.

Documentary is anything but sensationalism. Shows the contrast between few good people and few deranged thinkers in India.

As for Bollywood's influence:
One can see "Road ka Raaja" crossing road at elephant's pace regardless of any oncoming traffic. Doesn't take a moment to realize what inspires this.

Influence of Bollywood on teens and society cannot be overlooked. Few people literally try to emulate their heroes. Poor mindset and Bollywood (a huge part of it), a good recipe for unruly behaviors.

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
the documentary apart, its somehow getting (increasingly) darkly funny to read the maker's comments. i suspect whether she really holds such views, or is spouting vitriol 'artificially', more so since the country took a strong objection to their team's trickery, a reaction that they hadn't anticipated, and are both confused & miffed now; something like being caught off-guard and don't know how to react and throwing blind punches in the air and losing all sense & composure. she is increasingly climbing to higher moral grounds, something i hope even atleast some people in the west would be seeing through & realising.

- - - Updated - - -

As for Bollywood's influence:
One can see "Road ka Raaja" crossing road at elephant's pace regardless of any oncoming traffic. Doesn't take a moment to realize what inspires this.

hehe. this one! :razz: :thumbs:
i had a nice caricature on it. the pedestrian thinks that the gaadiwaala would anyway slow down for him, why bother and exert yourself to cross the road quickly, and moves in the gait of a typical tollywood/bollywood superstud even occasionally throwing back hero or wheelanwaale glances, while the vehicle-driver thinks that the pedestrian would move away quickly so that he won't have to exert himself in pressing the brake, clutch, pull the gearstick, press the accelerator & break the rhythm in his 'fast & furious' style. on the contrary, i have seen people speeding up at some places where people cross! and bikers as it is, fly 2-wheeled jets as damned dhoom'ers'!

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making
For me anyone wearing Salman khan blue bracelet is a red flag and I stay away from that person coz he is a certified chu**** from my side.

Flash

Lost in speed
and here's the twist..

Rapist Mukesh Singh received Rs 40 thousand for interview - Navbharat Times

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
case getting murkier. had some suspicion about this, esp. with regards to the defence lawyers. unsurety looms as of now. let's wait & watch what all else unfolds.

gemini90

Journeyman
In the mean while, I am seeing a Facebook post (an image actually), which is mashed up with quotes from that rapist in Tihar Jail, and along with that quotes said to be coming from some hindutva fellows. Seems like there is a very planned agenda to show that the rapist (and his mentality) is essentially because of over-dose of Hindutwa in these parts of India.

For one such post, I have asked the chap to confirm if there are no rapes, and women are treated with utmost respect in areas where there is no Hindutwa present - for example Kerala or WB.

I am getting a strong feeling that every single report scandalising India (even if the incident happened some time back), is now primarily aimed at Narendra Modi and his government. The lynching of the alleged rapist in Nagaland, would sooner or later land up at Modi's desk. May be I am being politically incorrect here, but if before "Hindutwa" gets there as well better to clearly state the religious demographics of Nagaland.

gemini90

Journeyman
Yeah, it is as if their are parties outside the country who want to create an image utter social chaos and lawlessness in the country and want both the outside world and plenty within to believe in it. For eg, take that unnecessary advice from obama about how religious and social cohesion is necessary for india to progress.

- - - Updated - - -

[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION] You were talking about seansationalism, huh? What will you say about this?

*rhulgeopolitics.wordpress.com/2015/03/05/indias-daughter-banbbc/

The film has attracted considerable international interest. It was due to be shown simultaneously in the UK, India and six other countries – including Switzerland and Norway – on Sunday 8th March to mark International Women’s Day. This was to be followed on Monday 9th March with the launch of the India’s Daughter campaign to raise awareness of gendered violence against women and girls in India and worldwide.

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making
And we think that we are a super power. This has certainly made a lot of bad impact of India on a International stage.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION] You were talking about seansationalism, huh? What will you say about this?

*rhulgeopolitics.wordpress.com/2015/03/05/indias-daughter-banbbc/

You know better about what sensationalism is.

snap

Lurker
Are we really taking youtube comments seriously now? People should watch the documentary and comment instead of second hand information, it shows both the misogynist views of people and those who oppose it. :\

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Are we really taking youtube comments seriously now? People should watch the documentary and comment instead of second hand information, it shows both the misogynist views of people and those who oppose it. :\

Greater concern is to save the image of India. Hide the shame and preserve the honor.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Then deal with rapists harshly and show that we are capable at dealing out justice swiftly. Within the law, of course.

gemini90

Journeyman
Seriously who the **** is worrying about honor? Certainly not anyone amongst us Indians. I am just saying don't let others butt in our domestic issues and use it to showcase as an example of how horrible a country we are. Especially not those who don't have a leg to stand upon. Earlier it was country of snake charmers, now it is a rape capital of the world. Why do you think this documentary is going to be premiered before who and who's of Hollywood. Certainly not for promoting rights of woman in India.

Is it really too hard to comprehend?

And [MENTION=5007]DeSmOnD dAvId[/MENTION] show who exactly? Please enumerate. The rape issue is just a part of larger need to rebuilt our law and order system including overhauls in judiciary. That Judicial bill passed by the gov is right step in this direction.

And there is a need to look at the other side of the coin too. Read up about that lynching of undertrial in nagaland.

Last edited:

ratul

█████████████████
I have watched the documentary, and can say that no amount of law enforcement can change the situation, that only one thing can change the mindset of this country, EDUCATION!!, wasn't expected from the lawyers themselves to have such views about women, but have seen enough examples in my daily life to say that this type of mindset is very common in most of the households, things are better in urban cities, but most of the indian families still consider women as "In the house objects." Quoting a line from here: India’s Daughter: ‘I made a film on rape in India. Men’s brutal attitudes truly shocked me’ | Film | The Guardian
GauravF****dMindset said:
For India’s Daughter she spent 30 hours interviewing rapists including Gaurav, a 34-year-old man serving 10 years for raping a five-year-old. “He told me in minute detail what he had done. How he had taken off her knickers. How her eyes were wide with fear. How he had done it front and back. I asked him how tall she was. He stood up and put his hand above his knee. I asked him, ‘How could you do something so terrible that would ruin a child’s life?’ He said, ‘She was a beggar girl, her life was of no value.’”
Don't have to say anything after that comment, shows the most prevalent mentality about girls in these "men". :-x

gemini90

Journeyman
[MENTION=122731]ratul[/MENTION] If education were to solve the problem, neither would Britain been leading the field in pedophilia and nor usa in rape (and campus rape is an exclusive contribution by them). Societies there said to be much more enlightened than ours.

ratul

█████████████████
[MENTION=122731]ratul[/MENTION] If education were to solve the problem, neither would Britain been leading the field in pedophilia and nor usa in rape (and campus rape is an exclusive contribution by them). Societies there said to be much more enlightened than ours.

Can't comment on Britain and USA as i don't live there, but i can look into my country, and i just look at normal people, us, thinking that why we won't rape a women, why and how we came to know the right way to treat the other gender, with respect, and not as an object, and compare it with people like those lawyers whose brains are embedded with beliefs like "We have the best culture. In our culture, there is no place for women." And i find just one answer, EDUCATION, which isn't just going to school and be done with it, but overall education, by the parents, by the teachers on everything we do in our daily life.

Top Bottom