Next Gen Console discussion ( PS4 'n Xbox One'n Wii U )

Status
Not open for further replies.

amjath

Human Spambot
There wont be any free subscription anymore Every PlayStation 4 game will be available to download, subscription service a possibility | The Verge

surajramnani2k8

Journeyman
I dont know why PS4 will follow what Xbox 360 is currently doing of paying for online subscriptions isnt paying a lot of money for a console game enough for the developers?I really feel its a waste to pay subscription charges to play online...Its better to atleast leave that portion of the console free for gamers.

tkin

Back to school!!
I dont know why PS4 will follow what Xbox 360 is currently doing of paying for online subscriptions isnt paying a lot of money for a console game enough for the developers?I really feel its a waste to pay subscription charges to play online...Its better to atleast leave that portion of the console free for gamers.
Almost all consoles are sold at a loss or very low profit, they make up with such subscriptions, game profits etc.

satyanjoy

Sweet Poison

It's not like xbox silver or gold.Sony is planning to offer gaming as service, just like cable TV.Pay a monthly rental and access to certain number of game catalog

cyborg47

Technomancer
Halo pwns killzone any day, at least we get a decent story :D :D

Its kind of an odd situation, both sides have valid arguments. Halo's gameplay hasn't changed much since Combat Evolved, that's not a bad thing, at least they didn't surrender to the AimDownSights obsession with the recent games. But the story is pretty good.

Last edited:

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Halo pwns killzone any day, at least we get a decent story :D :D

lol what a fanboy. wait.... if halo pwns killzone... why arent people buying it?

Because its crap

truth be told, Halo wandered off right after Halo 2... and thats what Bungie have corrected with destiny... Halo with an expiry date of 10 years.

Almost all consoles are sold at a loss or very low profit, they make up with such subscriptions, game profits etc.

all consoles *were* sold for a huge loss, the ps2 started selling at a loss of almost 200$ + and the ps3 i believe around 150$ or so.... but the ps4 will lose max 50~100...

Its kind of an odd situation, both sides have valid arguments. Halo's gameplay hasn't changed much since Combat Evolved, that's not a bad thing, at least they didn't surrender to the AimDownSights obsession with the recent games. But the story is pretty good.

but seriously nothing beats cs 1.6, if you are a true fan of FPS then cs 1.6 is for the pros.lol

I have a doubt why do they sell consoles for loss

That is to sell more.... If you sell a console for $700 against $500, people would rather buy a PC which is a more open platform and can do multiple things.
Also once you get people to buy your product which they have to use for say 8 years (like the last gen consoles), you make money on the games created for the consoles. That is coz the Console manufacturers have royalty in every game that is created for the console.
I meant created for the console coz, unlike others in consoles royalty is not charged based on the no. of copies of games sold. But on the no copies of games manufactured. That means a publisher has to pay for 1 million copies he has made, even when only 500k copies are sold.
Apart from that, being a closed envoirnment they charge for the console Dev kits too.
And there is also the premiun services offered.
Almost the same concept used in the Free to play games nowadays, but only more profitable.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
I have a doubt why do they sell consoles for loss

because otherwise the performance/$ of a console is the same as that of a pc. And until now most of the consoles have featured a custom built design right from the motherboard to the CPU, thats proprietary technology and also adds to the cost. Console makers make money through

a. exclusive video game titles / video game sales
b. when technology starts becoming obsolete it becomes easier to manufacture at a lower price point

so now when the ps3 sells for 299$, its making profit.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
The Official PlayStation Magazine recently conducted an interview with Michael Denny, vice president of Sony’s Worldwide Studios. They talked about the hardware behind the upcoming PlayStation 4, revealing that the developer community actually requested the x86-based platform.

Sony: Developers Requested x86 Architecture for PS4

amjath

Human Spambot
Reason why Nvidia is not powering next gen Playstation but AMD is!

NVIDIA opted out of PlayStation 4, cites Sony not offering enough money

Thunder

Journeyman
Microsoft's Creative Director on the issue of always online console's. Thoughts?
*img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/05/uvy2enar.jpg

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@Thunder the resolution is way too less.

here is a better one *i.imgur.com/fulDo2f.jpg

and some comments to keep everyone busy(7k+ comments)

I'm glad Microsoft's creative director cares about the consumers. : gaming

heidi2521

Padawan
@Thunder the resolution is way too less.

here is a better one *i.imgur.com/fulDo2f.jpg

and some comments to keep everyone busy(7k+ comments)

I'm glad Microsoft's creative director cares about the consumers. : gaming

Wow. This just feels like a tacit confirmation that the next Xbox will be always online or will at least implement online DRM in some form. Well, if it goes like this the PS4 will become my tertiary gaming machine not the Xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom