New mild gaming Rig dilemma

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
and last but not the atleast a full tower case

Full Tower can't hold it. will need the tallest Full Tower & there exist only a few (maybe 2-3).

and please bear this in mind.....developer sometimes do go out of their limits to create games that test nearly all hardware to the fullest and render them obsolete.....but....at the end of the day....games that have left a mark somewhere in the history..of gaming have always been a pioneer in the kind of the hardware resources required in their own time or generation(god of war,crysis,chronno tiger...(for the snes u remember...?)).....so anyways we cant stop this....and this is actually what drives the comp and hardware industry to evolve...and thus we gotta live with it forever.....

exactly. also these games/softwares bring in huge amount of cash. not cause of their requirements cause to develop such a game you need a group of extremely talented peoples.

borax12

the dotmaster
Full Tower can't hold it. will need the tallest Full Tower & there exist only a few (maybe 2-3).

exactly. also these games/softwares bring in huge amount of cash. not cause of their requirements cause to develop such a game you need a group of extremely talented peoples.

cases such as a cm scout ,haf 932,haf x or corsair obsidian 800d,or else antec df 85 will be suitable.....

and yeah the dev team sure needs the moolah...as well as the kind of production values these games are showcasing ...its no less than a movie launch(halo 3 and cod mw 2).......and the entire team needs to paid in the right amount and theres is also the requirement of nice and good hardware iona larger scale to develop such big banner games.....

OP
L

ljlijash

Broken In
Guyzz this weekend was a buzy one ... running from vendor to vendor and heres what i got

AMD Phenom II X2 555 BE
Gigabyte 785GMT USB3.0
Corsair 4 GB DDR3 RAM
Seagate 1 TB HDD
XFX HD5770 1 GB
Cooler Master 690 Cabinet
Cooler Master 600 W PSU
APC 600va UPS or UMAX 1kv
Mouse, Keyboard and speakers

2 of the biggest vendors in teh city quoted 43k for this spec... One small vendor quoted 40k... It seems only the XFX version is available here... Guyz hows XFX compared to MSI and Sapphire? Its cheaper too costs 8.9k !!

Also any more modifications to be made in ths spec ?

:?:

Last edited:

pulsar_swift

Youngling
The eternal mistake all do is ignore the PSU. That CM 600W PSU is definitely from CM Extreme Power Series
Avoid XFX. XFX RMA is Rashi peripherals. They have very bad reviews

Last edited:
OP
L

ljlijash

Broken In
ok guz i ll look into the PSU and let u knw.....

Now, I shd avoid XFX rt? Heard somewhere that the XFX is a better card than Sapphire ... Is tht true ?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

Never said XFX is worst than Sapphire, the RMA is where it sucks. So better get MSI/Gigabyte/ASUS/Sapphire as the RMA is pretty good than the XFX.

I had RMA'd my MSI HD4670 and to be frank, that was some good experience.

rajan1311

Padawan
arey yaar, the extra memory bandwidth will make very very little difference in performance...even the 8 rops also will make little difference...some %10 difference at best (in some games only), but I dont think it will ever make a difference in the playability of the game, he is anyways a little tight on budget, no need to push an extra 2k for he 1GB version, go for the 768MB version, OC it, forget it and enjoy the games.

vwad

In the zone
Eh guyz... Whts RMA ??:?::?::sad::sad:

A Return Material Authorization (RMA) is a transaction whereby the recipient of a product arranges to return goods to the supplier to have the product repaired or replaced or in order to receive a refund or credit for another product from the same retailer or corporation within the product's warranty period.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Eh guyz... Whts RMA ??:?::?::sad::sad:
In laymen terms,

If your product gets damaged, you might go to the dealer(where Rashi in case of XFX). They take your card, examine the problem, if its minor, they'll get your card repaired, otherwise give you a new one as replacement.

Read reviews about Rashi RMA and you will be enlighten about their QoS.

OP
L

ljlijash

Broken In
A Return Material Authorization (RMA) is a transaction whereby the recipient of a product arranges to return goods to the supplier to have the product repaired or replaced or in order to receive a refund or credit for another product from the same retailer or corporation within the product's warranty period.

Thnx for the info mate... Aonther thing to be taken into account is that I do not intend to overclock (well atleast for now !! ) So is it worth spending more on MSI which offers higher clokc speeds and bettre cooling ?

Top Bottom