New mild gaming Rig dilemma

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^
For UPS, go for 600VA is enough.

Go for FSP Saga II 500W or Corsair VX450W. Both are good and enough to run your rig. :D

If you feel the PSU is not enough, get FSP 600W or VX550W. But thats too much for your rig

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^
For UPS, go for 600VA is enough.

Go for FSP Saga II 500W or Corsair VX450W. Both are good and enough to run your rig. :D

If you feel the PSU is not enough, get FSP 600W or VX550W. But thats too much for your rig

yup. but FSP Saga II series got no 600W. 400W will suffice.

@OP, go as suggested by Raj. going by retailers suggestion is a nobrainer thing.

the shipping will again bring up the cost i guess... already a diff of 600k na ?
And BTW heres its always 500 - 1k plus the normal cost in Kerala :sad::sad:

SMC prices usually are inc of carry charge. so no extra cost.

Just got to knw tht Rashi peripherals have an outlet here at my hometown (trivandrum)... Even if that isnt gonna help that much I thnk I ll go with the XFX version as its almost 99% sure that I will not overclock... As far as RMA is concerned if it does work out I am in luck, otherwise, well, FATE !!!:oops:;-)

Wish me luck fellas !!!

I was wonderring about the mobo .... Gigabyte GA-785 GMT usb 3.0... Does anyone have any better suggestions ???
Also some of the vendors suggested that I go in for a 1 kv UPS ...Is that necessary ? Also what if I go in for a 450W PSU ?
Please dont get irritated as I really am asking all this coz I do not know the math to do it myself ....

what will Rashi Peripherals do? if something goes wrong? you expect get help from them? in my place got Rashi's service center. but ignored & went for Sapphire. cause its better forget about them. also go for a brand thats good & hardly any complain about faulty products. why prepare for aftermath when you can avoid the fight !!!

also if you go for a desi 600-700W PSU, you'll need 1kva UPS. if you go for a good PSU, & need 5-10min backup. get APC 650VA.

^^

Of OP. Why you're always get shocked or confused :D

maybe its his nature ;-)

final config :

AMD Phenom II X2 555 BE
Gigabyte 785GMT USB3.0 or the MSI version suggested above based on availability here
Corsair 4 GB DDR3 RAM
Seagate 1 TB HDD
XFX HD5770 1 GB
Cooler Master 690 Cabinet
Cooler Master 600 W PSU
APC 600va UPS or UMAX 1kv ---> Help me out with this one guyzzzz
Mouse, Keyboard and speakers

change the bold marked items:

1. get Athlon II X4. 630 or 635 depending on diff of price.
2. get WD 500Gb Black + 500Gb Green. best cheap combo.
3. already told you above. MSI HD5770 HAWX 1Gb.
4. NO to Extreme Power. NO to Cooler Master. get FSP Saga II 400W-Gigabyte 460W (minimum) or Saga II 500W or Corsair PSU.
5. its APC 650VA. at 2.8-3k, it'll give better backup than Numeric & also its battery fails after 3yrs. Numeric, after 1yr or 1.5yr.

thnx Raj... 450W will do ? And whts your take on the mobo selected ? What about the UPS ?

a good 400W will be enough. max is Corsair VX450W. no need go past it.

OP
L

ljlijash

Broken In
^^
Thnx bro for the really informative post.... will chk out with the vendors on the availability of vendors other than XFX and the price... with all the info u guyz have given I have updated my config as follows :

AMD Phenom II X2 555 BE or Athlon II X4. 630 or 635
Gigabyte 785GMT USB3.0 or the MSI 880GMA -E45
Corsair 4 GB DDR3 RAM
Seagate 1 TB HDD
XFX HD5770 1 GB or any other vendor
Cooler Master 600 W PSU -- > will be changed to a 450W one
APC 600va UPS or UMAX 1kv --->APC 650W !!!

And could anyone throw a link of SMC ?? I tried to google but couldnt find

pulsar_swift

Youngling
PSU will need to be changed to CORSAIR VX450, not just any 450W one.

SMC International - One Stop Shop for all your Hardware Need !

OP
L

ljlijash

Broken In
^^
Thnx bro for the really informative post.... will chk out with the vendors on the availability of vendors other than XFX and the price... with all the info u guyz have given I have updated my config as follows :

Corsair 4 GB DDR3 RAM
Seagate 1 TB HDD

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

^^

Corsair 4 GB DDR3 RAM
Seagate 1 TB HDD

pulsar_swift

Youngling
mall culture rocks :D

This is also a kind of Window Shopping. Only the window means Microsoft Windows and joining preposition is for :p

well said. OP doesnt want to think at all. He wants us to do the work for him. Thats why its taking too long.

OP
L

ljlijash

Broken In
well said. OP doesnt want to think at all. He wants us to do the work for him. Thats why its taking too long.

Please bro if u dont want to help me so be it ..... If i had the knowledge to buy my rig I wouldnt have come here in the first place .... so please kepp away from this thread if u r that concerned about the number of pages its taking and thnx for all the 'help' u have so far done...

Piyush

Lanaya
Please bro if u dont want to help me so be it ..... If i had the knowledge to buy my rig I wouldnt have come here in the first place .... so please kepp away from this thread if u r that concerned about the number of pages its taking and thnx for all the 'help' u have so far done...
hey dude dont be so rude
its just that no one knows how much this rig part is completed

u can at least finalize some basic parts and post it here so that we can talk on the rest part

pulsar_swift

Youngling
Its not that i don't want to help you bro. I am sorry to have offended you. At some point you have to decide what you want to go for. We can only suggest. Sorry once again. :sad:

OP
L

ljlijash

Broken In
Its not that i don't want to help you bro. I am sorry to have offended you. At some point you have to decide what you want to go for. We can only suggest. Sorry once again. :sad:

hey chill bro... I am also sorry and if I did offend u in some way please do forgive me ... I am on the verge of making my decision...almost 90% of my rig is finalized as u can see, its just the UPS and PSU dats bothering me ...
Also these stuffs are not readily available here in Trivandrum...everythgn is done against order .... One day my vendor calls up and tells ths part aint available, I have to look for another part which equals it... which expalins the time beign taken...

And BTW the SMC link is superb !!! I am really thinkng of shopping online ...

And bro, sorry once again !!:sad:

AMD Phenom II X2 555 BE
MSI 880GMA -E45
Corsair 4 GB DDR3 RAM
Seagate 1 TB HDD

pulsar_swift

Youngling
Ok. Parts which are not available locally order them online. Problem solved :)
ITWARES|SMC|PRIMEABGB|ITDEPOT are all reliable websites

Piyush

Lanaya
ljlijash;1267148 AMD Phenom II X2 555 BE MSI 880GMA -E45 Corsair 4 GB DDR3 RAM Seagate 1 TB HDD XFX HD5770 1 GB or any other vendor Cooler Master 690 Cabinet Cooler Master 600 W PSU -- > will be changed to a 450W one APC 600va UPS or UMAX 1kv[B said:
--->APC 650W !!![/B]

if u thinking to buy from smc,then
AMD Phenom II X2 555 BE 4900
MSI 880GMA -E45 5800
Corsair 4 GB DDR3 RAM 5400
Cooler Master 690 Cabinet 4400
XFX HD5770 1 GB u wont get this one

Top Bottom