New mild gaming Rig dilemma

rajan1311

Padawan
why do you say the GTX 768 MB is no good? In the reviews I have seen, there is not a huge , even significant difference between them.

No one wants to unlock cores of a P2 555BE ? would be nicer to at least have a fast dual core , possible quad, as most games are still not really multi core friendly. Most P2 555s are unlockable these days.

also, he is playing at low res, i mean really low. Even a 5770 is more than sufficient for playable frame rates. So shelling out for a 5850 aint wise, best get a GTX 460.

OP
L

ljlijash

Broken In
^^ Yes I will be playing at low res for the time being as I have just a 1 yr old monitor which I don't intend to replace for now. but wen i do make the switch, I guess the GPU (5850) wud help then rt?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
why do you say the GTX 768 MB is no good? In the reviews I have seen, there is not a huge , even significant difference between them.

at full HD 1Gb performs best. for 20" or maybe less 768Mb will be better buy. i should have put forward a better explanation.

No one wants to unlock cores of a P2 555BE ? would be nicer to at least have a fast dual core , possible quad, as most games are still not really multi core friendly. Most P2 555s are unlockable these days.

price difference between X2 & X4 too less. so if one wants X4, go for it rather than unlocking thing.

also, he is playing at low res, i mean really low. Even a 5770 is more than sufficient for playable frame rates. So shelling out for a 5850 aint wise, best get a GTX 460.

well yes. he can also go for the GTX 460 768Mb version, if he want some free goodies (CUDA, tessellation, etc).

^^ Yes I will be playing at low res for the time being as I have just a 1 yr old monitor which I don't intend to replace for now. but wen i do make the switch, I guess the GPU (5850) wud help then rt?

HD5850 too highly priced. look for the cheapest GTX460. & no to Zotac & Palit. both have problem. now i don't think you'll be happy to sell out 12-14k only to end up with a card having some heating issues.

borax12

the dotmaster
gtx 460 prices are still unknown...could be on the higher side too....and who says palit has problems...dunno what issues u are talking abt....if its heating issues...then proabably u need to rethink.....palit factory gpu coolers are fairly nice....perform really well under stock conditions.......but zotac gpu do overheat a bit...so that again depends on the kind of cooling solutions in the case and the environments ....so if gtx 460 prices do end up close to 12k then its would be the best choice becoz a little overclock...should help it achieve a performance near about to hd 5830...so that would be a really good choice.

OP
L

ljlijash

Broken In
Guys guys... all I want is the best possible config in 40k ... Even if a component is useless for me now it mite be useful wen i do make the upgrade, which in my case will be the monitor... I WILL and WILL SURELY be changing the monitor within 1 year max and I dont wanna end up on the wrong side in terms of GPU den.. Dats why i want to have the best in 40k guyzzz :lol:

Now the question is will 5770 HD also do well wen I do make the switch to an HD monitor ?? And i wont be overclocking atleast for a couple of years now :)

rajan1311

Padawan
new prices at erodov.com are:
Rs 11,900 - GTX 460 768MB
Rs13,900 - GTX 460 1GB

both from zotac.

according to TPU, the performance difference aint too much even at high res. At the res he wants to play, the difference is 3% :p
techPowerUp :: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 460 1 GB Review :: Page 31 / 35

@ljlijash : buy anything, you will be happy at the end ;)

OP
L

ljlijash

Broken In
new prices at erodov.com are:
Rs 11,900 - GTX 460 768MB
Rs13,900 - GTX 460 1GB

both from zotac.

according to TPU, the performance difference aint too much even at high res. At the res he wants to play, the difference is 3% :p
techPowerUp :: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 460 1 GB Review :: Page 31 / 35

@ljlijash : buy anything, you will be happy at the end ;)

^^:p... good one!!!

fatalcore

Journeyman
Well......Will I ever be able to satisfy with one card....? :O When ever i choose a card to purchase....Something else crops out of the blue....and plans are wasted....I blame this to this FORUM !!!!!!! :(
This forum is like a ice cream parlor......Feel like garbing all the graphics card every month....

Joking ! :):):) Kudos to all the members for giving and providing such valuable
information all the time in all the threads....HATS OFF TO U GUYS !

Really a forum full of inputs ! I bet no other forum on earth is so enthusiastic with hardwares like this one !!! awesome man awesome !

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Well......Will I ever be able to satisfy with one card....? :O When ever i choose a card to purchase....Something else crops out of the blue....and plans are wasted....I blame this to this FORUM !!!!!!! :(
This forum is like a ice cream parlor......Feel like garbing all the graphics card every month....

ha yaar. atcha idea hain. AMD & Nvidia brings new parts to market. spoils your plans (& several more ppls) & throw your anger on this innocent forum :lol: :x

Really a forum full of inputs ! I bet no other forum on earth is so enthusiastic with hardwares like this one !!! awesome man awesome !

exactly. transformed me in less than 6-months from a absolute noob to.................... err a rookie :)

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
I thnk I like this spec... I am getting a great GPU with this one right ?? Only concern is the Green HDD.... have seen in many forums that its pretty slow ... But hey, I am not sure... Also guyz which mobo is better - the MSI one above or the Gigy one ?
there is no use of seting for the cheapest phenom. 635 performs better.

vwad

In the zone

ha yaar. atcha idea hain. AMD & Nvidia brings new parts to market. spoils your plans (& several more ppls) & throw your anger on this innocent forum :lol: :x

exactly. transformed me in less than 6-months from a absolute noob to.................... err a rookie :)

:lol: Poor GPU enthusiasts :lol:

OP
L

ljlijash

Broken In
From the replies I ve got so far I have fnalized the below config as of now

Motherboard MSI 880GMA-E45/ Gigabyte GA-785GMT-USB3 5700
RAM 4GB(2*2) G. Skill F3-10600CL9S-2GBNT DDRIII 5200
DD 1 TB Seagate 7200.12 3300
GPU Sapphire HD5770 1GB GDDR5/ MSI Hawk HD5770 1GB GDDR5 9600
ODD L.G. GH22NS50 OEM SATA DVD-Writer 950
Speakers Altec Lansing 2.1 VS2621 1650
KB,Mouse,UPS
Total - 26400

Whch means i have about 13600 left to choose a procy - AMD Phenom II X4 945 or the AMD X2 550 BE (Suggest plz)
regarding cabinet how about the cooler master 690 guyz ?? compared to NZXT Gamma??

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
get 635 and gtx460 as rajkumar mentioned.
you have not included psu....corsair vx550w @ 4.6k is a must...
nzxt and cm 690 both are good...go for whichever you like...

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Change it as :

Proccy : Athlon II X4 635 @ 5k
Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-785GMT-USB3 5700
RAM : 4GB(2*2) G. Skill F3-10600CL9S-2GBNT DDRIII 5200
HDD : 1 TB Seagate 7200.12 3300
GPU : GTX 460 1GB @ 14k / HD 5850 1GB @ 15k
ODD : L.G. GH22NS50 OEM SATA DVD-Writer 950
Speakers : Altec Lansing 2.1 VS2621 1650
PSU : Corsair VX550W @ 4.5k (Dont change this.)
KB,Mouse,UPS

Total - around 41k(No time to calculate, sum it up)

OP
L

ljlijash

Broken In
Guys I would luv to get my hands on the HD 5850.. but I simply cannot justify spending that much of money on a GPU... :x:x (budgetry constraints on another side )
I thnk 5770 wud suffice for my needs as I am not into hard core gaming ...

Guyz one more doubt : whats the basic diff btwn an Athlon and a Phenom ?

borax12

the dotmaster
the difference is that the....athlon doesnt have the l3 cache.....and that proves athlon is lower on chart of performance in games and lower threaded applications....though athlon is quite head turner when it comes to vfm but phenom 2 be's cant be compared...but if its locked multiplier cpus you are talking about then its better to go with the athlon.....negligible drop in performance when it comes to gaming

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^
IMO HD5850 is a wise option in a long run. I chose HD4670 for budget constraint(At that time HD4850 was around 7k and 4670 was 4.7k). But now my 4670 struggles with few games and the number will increase from few to all. I dont want you to do the same mistake.

Why we buy a good CPU? For a long run, so why dont we get a good GPU for the same reason.

But the choice is yours.

About Phenom vs Athlon, google it dude...

Phenom vs. Athlon Core Scaling Compared : How Well Does Phenom Scale With Clock Speed?

Athlon II Or Phenom II: Does Your CPU Need L3 Cache? : L3 Cache: How Important Is It To AMD?

The Differences Between Athlon II and Phenom II Explained

Top Bottom