New Graphics Card!

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
Hii guys....if some of you guys remember i had asked for a graphics card and PSU config few months ago. But due to some unseen circumstances i couldn't buy any of those :oops: . (What i actually mean to say that i was unemployed and was broke :p). So here i am again asking for a newer advanced config. My queries:

1. I play games at no AA and generally medium settings on a resolution of 1600x900. So will the 7750 be good enough for at least two years?

2. If the answer to 1st question is "NO" then suggest me another one around the same budget (Rs.6500/- max.)

3. I've heard that the 7750 does not use the PSU for power supply. So will my mobo power the card???

4. Will the card fit in my cabby.

1. Which Power Supply do you have? (Be EXACT while naming the company and model)
Ans: iBall crappy ltd. :p doesn't matter i need a new PSU too.

2. What is your budget?
Ans: 6500/- rupiya. :)

3. Which resolution will you game at?
Ans: 1600x900

4. What are your current computer specifications?
Ans: in my signature.

My config is in my Signature.

SunE

Professional Newbie
Re: New Graphics Card!!!!!!!!

For that price I think it HD 7750 is your best option.

Cilus

laborare est orare

Get the Gigabyte version then, it is around 6.4K. If not available in smc then try Theitwares.com.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

HD7750/HD6770 is a must for that resolution. well this will leave at most 1k for PSU.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ OP - sell your existing 9500GT at 1.5-2k ( or a little more if you can ;-) ) this should give you enough cash to buy a HD6770 @ 6.3k ( SMC International ) and a new PSU - either FSP Saga II 400 @ 1.9k or Corsair VS450 @ 2.1k ( Prime ABGB )

OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."

He needs a PSU also.

@OP Whats the wattage of your current PSU.

i don't know...i think 250w...it came with the cabinet and the forum members have already certified it as "crap" :p.

@ OP - sell your existing 9500GT at 1.5-2k ( or a little more if you can ;-) ) this should give you enough cash to buy a HD6770 @ 6.3k ( SMC International ) and a new PSU - either FSP Saga II 400 @ 1.9k or Corsair VS450 @ 2.1k ( Prime ABGB )

Hmmm i'll post it for sale on the Bazaar section...and i would appreciate if you guys could link me up with someone who would want to buy it.

but none of you answered the questions...it would be nice to know the answers point to point :)

OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
Answer of all questions is "yes."

wish we could answer like this in the exams ... :p lol
Anyways, if it doesn't require an external power supply...why would i need a new PSU???? won't the mobo power it enough or am i missing something here??? [*NOOB ALERT*] :conspiracy:

EDIT:

I couldn't open the pics of my power supply which i had posted long ago in the forum...but i found the model no. it's LPE223-400(250W)power supply...so i guess i need a new PSU!!! right ya wrong??

Last edited:

saswat23

Human Spambot
That applies for HD 7750 only. HD 6770 does require an additional power connector.
A 250W PSU is not enough even if you get the HD 7750. If you had atleast 450W PSU that would have been OK. But as you don't you have to invest in a new one. And as you are spending for a new one, then why not spend a bit more and get one from good one. Get atleast FSP SAGA-II 350W for 1.5k. If you can the Corsair VS-450 for 2.1k is better option.

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ Ya, it will fetch and please stop discussing how much your old hardware fetch here. Create a thread in Bazar section if you're ready to sell your product.

dibya_kol

In the zone
don't know if 7750 can perform for 2 years but for now 7750 is good for u and buy a psu of 450/500wt atleast.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
9500GT has 50W TDP and the TDP of HD7750 is 55W - so if OP's rig is running fine with a 9500GT it may also run just fine with a HD7750 - I know it's safe for Op to opt for a new PSu but if he don't has budget for a new PSU right now can't he just run the HD7750 with his existing PSU ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ of-course a generic PSU is not recommended but he has a limited budget and corsair VS 450 and FSp Saga 350W ain't easily available everywhere - only decent unit he can grab is Corsair CX430v2 and the HD7750 will cost him alone 6.5k and there's no gurantee at what price he should be able to sell his 9500GT.

and these are the reasons why I said if can run the new gfx card with the old psu he can keep it and get a better PSu later by saving more money.

OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
@topgear and @dibya_kol

Got your points...so basically keeping my current PSU with a HD7750 would be cutting it very close...so i think i should opt for a good PSU first like a GS600 and on the next month or the month after that i get a decent GPU which would last a bit more..??? or should i buy the GPU first??? :unsure: :stamp:

EDIT: i have thought about Cards not fitting in my cabinet....and i am afraid there would be such an issue with the PSUs as well??????????????

Last edited:
Top Bottom