Need for Speed: Undercover Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Maggieq Interview with wired.com
*blog.wired.com/games/images/2008/08/15/maggieq.jpg

SAN FRANCISCO -- Maggie Q doesn't play videogames much, but she does star in one.

The actress' filmography includes supporting roles in Mission: Impossible III and Live Free or Die Hard, but she'll add a different medium to her resume when Electronic Arts releases its racing game Need for Speed Undercover this fall. In the racing game, Q plays Chase Linh, a federal agent who guides the title's main character.

Creating the game was a challenging experience, she says, not unlike doing green-screen work for a big-budget movie. She talked with Wired.com about acting in videogames, playing a puppet master and making the jump from old-school pinball to PlayStation 3.

Wired.com: So, do you play videogames?

Maggie Q: I do now.

Wired.com: You do now.

Q: I mean, I did when I was a kid, and then I sort of had to, you know ... go to school, and work, and be responsible, and didn't have the time ...

Wired.com: Oh, I don't know. I went to school and I played videogames.

Q: Really? Well, see, you're more responsible than I am. If I played videogames I wouldn't have been responsible. Do you see what I mean? You're a better person than I am, is what I'm trying to say.

Wired.com: Well, clearly. I'm very self-motivated.

Q: I would have gotten so obsessed with it. I would have given up everything. But I come from the old-school, Atari, Pac-Man, pinball days. So I went from that to this, which is a big jump. It's blowing my mind.

Wired.com: Is there anything about Need for Speed that's exciting you?

Q: Well, first of all, I love racing games, period. They're my favorite, they've always been my favorite. Being in an arcade, and actually being in a car, and racing in a booth, that's my experience. So the whole (controller) thing, and doing that now, that's totally new to me. But these worlds that they create are so real, and so unbelievably fun, and there are so many obstacles and it's just so layered. Before it used to be, you're racing around a track, you're racing against someone, and the point is not to bump someone. And now the point is to not get caught by the cops, and to not damage your car, not to ... you know what I mean? It's incredible.

Wired.com: What's your role in the game?

Q: I play federal agent Chase Linh, and she's the puppet master in this. She's the player's guide through this whole experience. She'll give you what you need to get where you need to go, and if you listen to her, you're going to have quite an experience.

Wired.com: What was the most challenging thing about doing this game?

Q: Unlike a movie, when you're shooting something like this you're definitely taking a piece in a world and you're integrating it into another world. So because I didn't design the game, I don't know this world, and that's not my thing.... When you have a movie script, you know from A to Z where it's going. With this, we kind of had to really sit down and be very specific about where we are in the game, and what our motivation is, and what we're trying to say, and where we're trying to bring the player. It's very, very technical, so in that sense it is very difficult.

Wired.com: When you're actually in there, what was the toughest thing to get over -- you've done movies, but this is a very different kind of acting.

Q: Because I'm a federal agent, and I'm sort of the puppet master, the ringleader, she's guiding the player through all of this -- she's very solo. There are other people in the game, but she's kind of on her own and leading the charge.... I'm not interacting with the other actors, I'm not doing any of that, but I need to know where they're at in the story, what their characters are doing. So I have to do a character study on them because I'm not interacting with them. Because if I don't, I don't know what I'm doing.

Wired.com: Because you're alone in the studio, doing your lines.

Q: Exactly. And so all that story line has to be kind of processed, digested and you have to know where it's going after that. And that's very different, because in a movie, I'm meeting the other actors when we're acting, and we're actually talking about where we're going. With Chase, that plan is hers entirely. But to know the other characters' back-stories and then be able to move forward with them -- she does that on her own.

Wired.com: Did you ever say, when you were in production on this game, "Hey, wouldn't it be great if we brought the other actors in here and got all of us interacting?"

Q: But I'm the boss (in the game), which is kind of cool. It pays to be on your own. I know what you mean, it's really funny, but there are times even in movies where you have to do that. I've never been in a movie like that; I've always interacted with my co-stars, but it's one of those interesting things where you have to tie everything together in your own way.

Wired.com: It's like practice for if you're ever in a movie where you're in front of a green screen.

Q: Exactly, when you do Star Wars and that kind of stuff. But for this, the production value is so high and so incredible -- great sets, great director, great crew, great script -- I had nothing to complain about.

Wired.com: So are you going to start playing videogames now?

Q: Well, I have to. I've got my PS3 now, games, you know -- I have to wait for this one, obviously, but I can't wait. I played it (tonight) and I'm totally excited for Need for Speed.

Source : Wired.com

More Screenshots :

*www.nfsunlimited.net/media/nfsuc/screenshots/1.jpg%3C/a%3E%3C/b%3EU MUST CLICK HERE AMAZING SCREENSHOT OR ON THE THUMBNAIL BELOW
*img399.imageshack.us/img399/6136/97485144wq2.th.jpg
*www.nfsunlimited.net/media/nfsuc/screenshots/2.jpg
MUST WATCH SCREENSHOTS !!

New Trailer - *xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14234988/need-for-speed-2008/videos/nfs_keller_081508.html

Last edited:

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
Awesome Screenshots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........Looks like this is going to be NFS Most Wanted on Nitro..............

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
i loved the one in NFS U2.
she was kelly brooke and Brooke Burke.
One of them was called Nikki and other I_dont_know
*www.sexy-celeb-photos.com/pictures/KellyBrooke2.jpg

*www.topnews.in/light/files/images/Brooke%20Burke4.jpg

OMG its so difficult to find one fully clothed images of these celebs *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/73.png

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Rachel
*www.techarp.com/review/EA/NFS_Underground2/rachel.jpg

both'o'em
*www.xbox365.com/gdb/images/EEpplkyAEVICsCXEzk/Need_For_Speed_Underground_2_5.jpg

*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/23.png

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Oh my god *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/82large.png

Hooooooooot *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/98large.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom