Need for Speed: Undercover Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^
*The player character will be an angler fish

no need for those tags, we know ho hollywood works. at least a dozen movies in a year hav such settings.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
but, in NFS MW, EA didnt reveal such "spolier" detail:p, thats why NFS MW was a instant hit, you never knew whether you were a cop or street racer , until the end of the game

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^naah I was after my M3 and more interested in blacklist (would've been better if there were full 10 minute background video about each blacklist). No second thoughts entered my mind.

Last escape sequence, the bridge, the mighty jump at 10kmp/h was another awesome thing

But good to see MW2 in making, I really need it to be good or another series dies in my closet

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
NFS Undercover: Police Lt. Keller Teaser Video

=================

NFS Undercover Developer Interview

Worthplaying has posted an interview with NFS Undercover producer Scott Nielsen, here is a quote:

Quote:
WP: Why take Need for Speed away from its roots? A lot of people think of Need for Speed as a pure racing game, and with Undercover, you guys have really expanded it. Is there any fear that you're going to alienate the hardcore fans of the franchise?

SN: I don't think so at all. Actually, what we do is build entertainment, and part of building that entertainment is coming up with different ideas every year. I think, in terms of the space that we sit in, we really like to think that we're an action game. So we're not a simulation-based game, we're not an arcade-based game like Mario Kart. You can almost trace the roots [of Undercover] back to what we started doing in the Hot Pursuit days, leading into Undercover, looking at how we can tell compelling stories, weave that in with compelling gameplay, and have the two come together. That's really the space that we sit in, you know, the heritage and the roots of Need for Speed really don't lie too far from where we're going with Undercover. We build big, open-world action driving experiences, so leaning into the past of our franchise, this kind of represents a best of breed from the past, and we're really excited about what we have with Undercover.

NFSUnlimited.net

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Fast & The Furious, I like it. I just hope that they don't have outrageous system specs. The stupid interviewer didn't ask about the system specs.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
WP: Let's talk about new features. What are you introducing in Undercover that we haven't seen in previous games in the Need for Speed franchise?

Need for Speed Undercover is all about the chase, chasing, and being chased, and that really represents the essence of how we built this game out. That element or concept of the chase really comes to life in three different ways, three pillars, if you will: the Heroic driving engine, highway battles, and our undercover arc.

In terms of the Heroic driving engine, what that refers to is, we've got over 430 different levers that we can play around with to really give you the ultimate control over the car and the game. When you see people doing things in Hollywood films in cars, things that are just impossible for you to do in everyday life, that is what we want to recreate in the game. We want everybody to feel like a hero, and we finally sort of have the engine that allows us to do that. That engine also extends to the damage system, it extends to the intelligence in the game, how you interact with the cops, how the AI is racing against you, a lot of great stuff. All of that comes together to really perform and sort of make you feel like a hero.

Highway battles really represent innovation on the gameplay side. These are very, very intense, really raw, emotional — it's a really thrilling gameplay experience. You had a chance to hurl yourself really fast down a highway at 150 miles an hour, weaving in and out of cars. It's an experience that you really have to play to really get the feeling of.
*www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=54823

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Omigawd I will do with the car !
Me so likes this game, but please don't fsck it up

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^wtf ?
cant u see the air brushing.

There are lots of better chink gals *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/77.png
*www.thehe8x.net/data/images/6-8-2006/6SonYeJin-2.jpg

x3060

A LOTR fan
now this seems to be one hell of a game...i really hope that they don't mess up with this...don't want one more flop to nfs series .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom