Status
Not open for further replies.
4.0 :shock:!!??!?!??!
Seems to me that EA decided to show that they can be worse, much much worse. :|
Now all I'm waiting for is GTA IV. :wink:

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
4 is too less a score.
Maybe a reviewer had some rift with EA.(He didnt get his due amount :D )
Cuz any NFS game cant be that bad.
Even ProStreet was 6.5 ... And I saw the gameplay videos ... It isnt that bad.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
^^ Apparently, even the PS3 version has a lot of performance issues too... :D But I really agree, Prostreet was really really a pile a cr@p !!!! I couldn't even tolerate it for more than 10 min on my PC. But I was at least able to play Undercover for like 1 hr today !!!! Than it began to get really really boring !!!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
So it's not just the PC version which is FUBAR'd. I might just give it one more try before I dump it in the bin.

@amrawtanshx:
Maybe a reviewer had some rift with EA.(He didnt get his due amount )
Cuz any NFS game cant be that bad.
Even ProStreet was 6.5 ... And I saw the gameplay videos ... It isnt that bad.
There is no cure for fanboi :D,EA has been attacked left right and center for their mostly crappy games.
(dead space has garnered pretty reviews so it must be an exception)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
damn it. They work for 2yrs on a game and give this????

My wait shifts to Formula1 game by Codemasters. No doubt now, Codemasters is the new leader in racing genre.

IGN says:

Part of the reason for this is the game's complete and utter misuse of its open world setting. The major reason for having an open world is to allow gamers to explore their environment, find new challenges, perhaps some hidden locations and generally hunt down people to race. That doesn't happen one bit in Undercover. You cannot even drive to an event to start it or enter your garage. To begin an event, you can either head to the overhead map, which requires a couple of seconds of loading despite its utter simplicity, or simply press down on the D-Pad. This will load up whatever your nearest event is, or in some cases, the next major event you're supposed to take part in.

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
@amrawtanshx:There is no cure for fanboi :D,EA has been attacked left right and center for their mostly crappy games.
(dead space has garnered pretty reviews so it must be an exception)

He is not a NFS fanboi.

@ALL :-
Lara looks hot in the new game. Gotta try that out instead of this junk. Installing Silent Hill Homecoming. Look around you folks, you got better games to pass time with :).

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
The BAD:
1.Trees look unrealistic,some graphical glitches in tires and here and there but thats ok.

The Good:
1.Apart from trees and some minor glitches the Graphics are AWESOME
2.Those suffering from bad framerate , read below
3. Decent music adds to the intensity of racing.
4. Its just MW Rebundled but better than ever

Fixing Framerate (HAPPENS ONLY ON dual core and quad core PCs)

1.Start the game and play for few sec
2.Alt Tab back to desktop
3.Hit Ctrl Alt Del to open Task Manager, select processes tab
4.Now right click nfs.exe and click on set affinity
5.Uncheck any 3CPU checkboxes on quadcore and 1Checkbox on dual core
6.Go back to game
7.Quit the game and Restart the PC

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
OK..based on the info that Conqueror posted above.... and the review that I just watched on Gametrailers, can anybody please clarify the following points:

Note: I am playing the game on Vista, nVidia driver 178.24, Max Graphical settings and @ 1680x1050 @ 4X AA.

1) Does the game fare better on XP ??

2) The review showed that the roads and the cars have strong reflections, but what I can see is that the roads are non-reflective as well as the cars have much lesser reflection and detail than expected... is that happening with you guys ?? The screenshots posted earlier by some readers here also showed that the roads are just lifeless and graphically pathetic !!!!

3) @ The Conqueror: Could you please post some of your screenies, so that we can compare with ours.... something doesn't seem right here with the game on our PCs as the game just looks worse than even the age-old NFS:MW... I might reinstall the game and try it on XP with the trick that you posted above....and thanx a lot for posting that trick !!!

frederick_benny_digit

]-[ E l l F R 4 G G 3 R
some1 plz confirm if the above trik works...

@ rock the god....the game looked crappy like that on mine too...n i ran it on xp pro sp3

Last edited:

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
^Do we have to do this each time we play the game or just once?
Just once..BTW I run on all settings to high max res but disabled AA and Shadows.It works fine

OK..based on the info that Conqueror posted above.... and the review that I just watched on Gametrailers, can anybody please clarify the following points:

Note: I am playing the game on Vista, nVidia driver 178.24, Max Graphical settings and @ 1680x1050 @ 4X AA.

2) The review showed that the roads and the cars have strong reflections, but what I can see is that the roads are non-reflective as well as the cars have much lesser reflection and detail than expected... is that happening with you guys ?? The screenshots posted earlier by some readers here also showed that the roads are just lifeless and graphically pathetic !!!!

3) @ The Conqueror: Could you please post some of your screenies, so that we can compare with ours.... something doesn't seem right here with the game on our PCs as the game just looks worse than even the age-old NFS:MW... I might reinstall the game and try it on XP with the trick that you posted above....and thanx a lot for posting that trick !!!

Yes
The screenshots posted earlier by some readers here also showed that the roads are just lifeless and graphically pathetic !!!!
Actually they might be running the game on low settings or bilinear or trilinear filter or on low res.
3) @ The Conqueror: Could you please post some of your screenies, so that we can compare with ours....
I would post later in the evening. :)

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Actually they might be running the game on low settings or bilinear or trilinear filter or on low res.
I would post later in the evening. :)

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. :) The screenies posted earlier were claimed to be taken at max settings and running on very high end hardware like GTX280 !!! As I am doing the same on an SLi/C2Q rig and even at maxed out settings the graphics are pathetic and lifeless.. all I can see is the glaring overused HDR (excessive sun glares) and blandly overused excessive shader effects which are not at all pleasing to the eyes....thats Why asked that question... anyways, I guess I will be looking forward to see your screenies... thanks again. :)

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Thanks a lot for the quick reply. :) The screenies posted earlier were claimed to be taken at max settings and running on very high end hardware like GTX280 !!! As I am doing the same on an SLi/C2Q rig and even at maxed out settings the graphics are pathetic and lifeless.. all I can see is the glaring overused HDR (excessive sun glares) and blandly overused excessive shader effects which are not at all pleasing to the eyes....thats Why asked that question... anyways, I guess I will be looking forward to see your screenies... thanks again. :)
Actually my xfire hasnt yet recognised this game so once it does i will be able to take the screenies easily.
Although i agree that graphics are not as good as GRID but they are not bad either.If you notice closely there is water all over the roads.Maybe the corrupt graphics are due to the lagging and low framerate response times,which is why the game would not be able to add "live"environment.But I am surprised that even though i have PentiumD,2GBRAM and just ASUS 8600GT,I can see better graphics than you all :confused:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Not in my case. I posted those screenshots with every bit of detail maxed out & that includes setting filter options to Anisotropic. Even then it doesn't look as good as the console versions. The frame rates have bad jumps. The environment detail isn't that good either. Overdone HDR. Screenshots don't reflect much but I would say it's pretty much OK in the graphics unless the frame rate issues are fixed.

I downloaded the GT (Game Trailers) review for this game as well & they said even the console versions yield poor frames (PS3 more so). I'll try the trick you gave above let's hope it works. I don't expect a 90Fps or something but a normal 60-ish fps would do just fine. Can you tell me what frames are you getting & how did the setting help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom