Need For Speed: The Run

Sarath

iDota
Introducing NEED FOR SPEED: THE RUN

Official Website: Need for Speed The Run | Need for Speed Racing Game

The next in the Need for Speed franchise is another awesome looking game, forcing lovers of arcade racing count down to the release date which is 18.11.2011. November last year saw NFS: Hot Pursuit, another spectacular game. Lets hope this lives upto the reputation of the NFS franchise.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pre-ordered the NFS-The Run due to release on 18th Nov' 2011. We can discuss about the game here. We can add each other to expand the autolog and thus having a big community of NFS players here. This way we can enrich our online gameplay experience. Hoping to see many of you on the "Independent Pass" :D
So share your online IDs here.

PSN IDs:
Sarath_1

XBL IDs:

PC IDs:
samarth619 (Origin ID)

~Originally wanted to just have PSN IDs but that would not serve a universal purpose and hence added all (popular) gaming platforms
~I will add your ID to the main post on request and preferrably so to make it a concise list.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*pre-orders.in/eablockbusterhits11/Images/NFS.jpg

Pre-order Details:
*pre-orders.in/eablockbusterhits11/*pre-orders.in/eablockbusterhits11/Images/Grand-Draw.jpg

Online websites for pre-ordering:
*www.letsbuy.com/electronics-arts-need-for-speed-the-run-ps3-p-19994
*www.game4u.com/shop/faces/tiles/pr...catalogueID=1&categoryID=12&parentCategoryID=
*www.flipkart.com/games/itmczwyrkhs...fw--&ref=a459a507-439f-4085-94d4-ba13fccdc0f6
*www.nextworld.in/product.aspx?sku=SW4295
*intencity.in/itemselect.do?titemCode=3521

Not officially on EA website:
*www.consoul.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22140 (lowest price 2250/- and only place I found standard edition for sale)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trailers:
This one is my favourite. Sorry but couldn't help favouring this one.
[YOUTUBE]V2WeeL8EFrA[/YOUTUBE]

More trailers:
Launch Trailer:
[YOUTUBE]vR693MTwzq8[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]0cU0XJw-WNo[/YOUTUBE]

Adrenaline junkies and speed fiends will find themselves on the wrong side of the law when they race for their lives in Need for Speed: The Run. This game takes players on a heart-pounding cross-country race from San Francisco to New York. Players are lured into an underground world of illicit, high-stakes racing. The heat is on -- and it isn't just the fuzz who are after you. Entering the race is just the beginning as you blow across borders, weave through dense urban traffic, rocket down icy mountain passes and navigate narrow canyons at breakneck speeds.

Powered by DICE's state-of-the-art Frostbite 2 engine, Need for Speed: The Run takes the action racing genre to new heights with stunning visuals and car physics that hug the road even at top speeds all built around a gripping storyline. The cars are hot, the racing is intense and the story will have you at the edge of your seat ... all the way from the Golden Gate Bridge to the Empire State building.

Source: consoul.in • View topic - Need for Speed: The Run - pre orders

:-D

Last edited:
OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
I will be pre ordering this one next month. HP was my first pre order. Just cant help splurging on this one. The gameplay videos are promising.

Haven't played Undercover and Shift but Carbon was not all that bad. The mountain race with the lambo is etched into my mind. The Most Wanted however remains my favourite and I would go ahead and say that it was the best in the series.

gameranand

Living to Play
Carbon and shift were quite good although shift was for semi simulators. Undercover was average at best. I'm honestly not that excited for this specially because this one is from electronic arts as I have seem their gimmicks. Will get this one only after positive reviews.
As far as I know there is already a thread regarding this game so mods please merge this one with that thread. :)

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
Aren't all NFS games from EA? If its the developer then I don't know if Blackbox and EA are the same.

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Imo , the first NFS was the best in the series. Come on , it had the awesome Ferrari 512 Testarossa! How could you not love that car!

I'll be buying this one only after the reviews though , trailers can be so misleading (they're good I admit)

gameranand

Living to Play
Aren't all NFS games from EA? If its the developer then I don't know if Blackbox and EA are the same.

Actually Electronic Arts are publisher while Blackbox are the developers of this game but with attitude of Electronic arts with this series I have lost faith in them.

Tech&ME

Banned
I hope the off-road in this game is for REAL man. :))

I am looking for off-road racing game, can anyone help me....

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Just completed the demo and I have mixed thoughts on it. It's good, but not something you haven't already seen before. The concept of this game, however, is a bit different. Unlike the previous games, where you compete against a certain number of racers for first position, this isn't like that. I mean you are competing for the top spot, but this is one giant race from San Francisco to New York. So when you start the race, I'm assuming you'll be the last (say around 200th position) and then slowly work your way up to 1st, before you touch New York.

You're offered 2 levels in the demo; Desert Hills level which takes place in Death Valley National Park, California & the Summit level, which takes place in the snow clad mountains of Independence, Colorado. You have 2 vehicles to choose from; The Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-2 and the Porsche 911 Carrera S. Out of which, only the Gallardo is playable and the Carrera will be unlocked, if you invite a friend. 4 difficulty levels; Easy, Normal, Hard & Extreme.

So we start off with the Desert hills level, where you are instantly dropped into 160th position and have to race through the other 9-10 odd racers, who are ahead of you. The challenges here are mainly on-coming vehicles that you can crash into. Just like the previous games, you can take short-cut routes as an alternate path. There's a new addition to the gameplay called 'Rewind'. Like the name states, it's a time reversal feature, in a manner of speaking. If you wreck your car in a major crash, the screen fades out and a rewind icon appears and you're pulled back by 15 secs (approx). This is to rectify the error that you had made and approach it carefully the next time. The amount of times you can use this feature, depends on the level of difficulty you chose. Controls were a bit off in the beginning, as it didn't notice any button for hand-brake, which was odd. Cleared that area in 2 minutes and 39 secs.

Off to the Summit track and this is where the fun really began. You'll see a short cut-scene of the protagonist, Jack out standing near a road blocked path and a car just gushes past him tearing apart the roadblock. We then take control of our car and resume our race. Throughout the race, we have just one opponent to deal with. This is a snow-clad mountain area and you'll see rockets being launched from a distance, thus creating an avalanche in front of us. You'll have to wade through all the boulders and rocks that keep falling in front of you. At the same time, you have to avoid falling off the cliff, as they aren't barricaded. This level looks stunning coupled with awesome physics. It's sort of adrenaline pumping. Felt more like Split/Second events being adopted. Clocked time was 3:28.

I'll quickly comment on the performance and sound. The performance was horrible on the 360. The frame rates were extremely poor and V-Sync had been taken out. The graphics looked really blurred in some parts and rendering physics effects took a massive toll. I'm sure it would look way better on the PC, but I doubt the people with low configurations would be able to play it. Crash effects were average. It's a demanding engine all right. Soundtrack was pretty dull and nothing worth mentioning.

Top Bottom