Need For Speed: The Run

cyborg47

Technomancer
:|
Its just the controller that makes the difference(x360 controller for 1000 bucks). You seem to have a good rig, could have made sense to get it on PC for a cheaper price.

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
Nah my PC was build with "It can play Crysis(2)" on the mind. I only do FPS and more so the ORPGs.

PC for FPS & MMORPG
PS3 for Racing, Adventure/Action

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
he
There's a new addition to the gameplay called 'Rewind'. Like the name states, it's a time reversal feature, in a manner of speaking. If you wreck your car in a major crash, the screen fades out and a rewind icon appears and you're pulled back by 15 secs (approx). This is to rectify the error that you had made and approach it carefully the next time. The amount of times you can use this feature, depends on the level of difficulty you chose.

The rewind feature is the same as we have in DIRT 3, which is another awsome game with stunning graphics (PC).
What has made run stand apart for me is that the story doesnt just progresses from inside the car. The game follows with our protagonist stepping out of the car in the world as well. So you race on car and on foot as well. I was waiting for you to shed some light on how the game incorporated the two aspects, but it seems the demo didnt have any on foot. None the less, nice little review ....

Racing on console is more fun. :D

it aint actully as you can just connect the 360 controller on PC and and get better experience. Thats what I do ....

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
The Demo was good. Waiting for the release now :D

@sam9s: What? Its clear, you prefer PC while I do the console. I understand what you are trying to say but lets leave it here for now.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
^^ Suits me ... however I still wonder how racing on console becomes more fun..... logically when the only difference is the controller, which you can connect to PC as well.:rolleyes: (on the contrary PC should be more fun as it offers better graphics)

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
^40" screen, controller, and a nice couch; make it sweeter for me. :D

I don't notice much difference in graphics actually. If I can't perceive it, it doesn't bother me. In fact the best game visually I have ever played is Heavy Rain on the PS3.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
^40" screen, controller, and a nice couch; make it sweeter for me. :D

I don't notice much difference in graphics actually. If I can't perceive it, it doesn't bother me. In fact the best game visually I have ever played is Heavy Rain on the PS3.

mmm well I have connected my 47" and my HT, with my PC as well for these racing games, and I play lying on my bed. For all other I shift to my 24" DELL display ..... so for me atleast PC experience is way ahead ...... anyway...
Dont know about PS3, but there is pretty drastic difference in gfx quality between PC and 360.

ashintomson

Journeyman
REVIEWS are out as i expected ... YEAhh this 1 sucks ...

Need for Speed: The Run Review - PlayStation 3 Review at IGN

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
So you just replaced the console and with a HT setup. That's one and the same then. :D

I replaced the console with PC , not with HT .. :D isnt one and the same thing I presume ...:D ...

It doesnt look like it says the game sucks .... ??? Infact I like more arcade style of racing like Most Wanted had, rather than sim .... few point that the review says ...

Developer Black Box has been making NFS games for over a decade, and they bring a lot of that arcade style, nitrous fueled racing action back. Racing down snow and ice covered tracks, skidding along a turn and narrowly avoiding plummeting off the edge of a cliff face is exhilarating. Weaving through traffic on a crowded freeway feels tense and frightening.

The locales are definitely best part of this Need for Speed. In fact, The Run has some of the most gorgeous and interesting set pieces I've seen in a racing game. The Rockies, Yosemite National Park, San Francisco, even the New Jersey Turnpike are all lifelike and well detailed

Now what appears to be the problem is not what I would call ... sucks ... :)

1. Inability to customize and upgrade.
2. Non existant story
3. Not an impressive AI
4. Scripted events .

These are some of the drawbacks IGN has listed, personally I am ok maybe with the 1st one and the 4th. But I definitely would have loved to have a story and a good AI, but all in all, it doest give an impression that the game sucks ... I still am sure its gonna give the same adrenaline pumping arcade style action that Most Wanted gave .....

Waiting for Gamespot review

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now what appears to be the problem is not what I would call ... sucks ... :)

1. Inability to customize and upgrade.
2. Non existant story
3. No an impressive AI
4. Scripted events .

I hate the so called story of NFS since Underground. Just a career tree like Hot Pursuit 2 would do. What's the need of a f***** story in a racing game, that too an arcade one? :mad:

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
^^ Agreed to an extent ...... in fact that takes more points out for it to be called crap ..... But yea a little story like Most Wanted had..... would have been more appreciated, by me at-least ... :)

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
I like to customise and upgrade my car. Also nice story won't hurt. I had high hopes from this game but it came as just an above average title.

cyborg47

Technomancer

Judgement based on the reviews? :\
I lost the lease respect on IGN yesterday when I read the Halo Anniversary review. And decided not to take these reviews seriously anymore, specially IGN.
Btw, the locations in Run look pretty good.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
May be user scores at Metacritic is a better indicator. COD MW3 is currently rated 1.9/10 out of 3218 votes. :shock:

ashintomson

Journeyman
my frnd started playing it n called me yesterday he was really disappointed with the story... n ........ ol reviews are avg ....

Top Bottom