Need for Speed Most Wanted reboot

tkin

Back to school!!
Someone please explain:-

Definitely had missed the checkpoint, but on green line and rival car was behind me on the same route. Check my position. And then...

Status changed to wrong way. Still on green line, still ahead of rival car who was still on the same route, still 2nd. Also see how the distance has increased.
Its not an error, let me explain:

1. You are supposed to hit every checkpoint.
2. When you don't hit a checkpoint your progress does not get updated, and when the rival car passes the same checkpoint he goes on first and you become second and remain that way, you can't beat him even if you stay ahead as you had missed the checkpoint.
3. And the distance increases because now you have to go back to earlier checkpoint and then finish the race.

Like this: Suppose you are about to hit checkpoint 5, distance between you and checkpoint 5 is 1km and distance between checkpoint 5 and finish is say 5km, so your distance to finish is 1+5=6km, now you miss checkpoint 5 and move ahead by say 2km, now distance between you to finish is 5+2=7km as you have to go back 2km, hit checkpoint 5 and drive 5 km to finish.

PS: Line is green because it highlights your path, when you move ahead, you have to move back to earlier missed checkpoint and then continue, so your paths overlap and its all green from the missed checkpoint.

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
tkin has already explained. I hope you get why I was complaining about the checkpoints.

Yeah I just got that, but you seem to have gone too far away from the checkpoint you had missed, if you'd realized that you missed a checkpoint, why continue? could have restarted the race :|

tkin

Back to school!!
Yeah, checkpoints are a pain in @$$, plus paths, I was driving at nearly 380kmph in a tunnel, suddenly I moved my eyes off map and ended up taking a tunnel exit, had to restart the race, the green line overlapped both paths(the tunnel and the exit), if you don't pay good attention to the map the race is already lost, its something I picked up from mafia and burnout paradise, it doesn't bother me as much now.

Yeah I just got that, but you seem to have gone too far away from the checkpoint you had missed, if you'd realized that you missed a checkpoint, why continue? could have restarted the race :|
I made the same mistake first time, I saw the line was green, the wrong way message pops up a little later, so I kept moving ahead, until I got the message and figured it out and cursed EA for 5 mins.

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
Yeah, checkpoints are a pain in @$$, plus paths, I was driving at nearly 380kmph in a tunnel, suddenly I moved my eyes off map and ended up taking a tunnel exit, had to restart the race, the green line overlapped both paths(the tunnel and the exit), if you don't pay good attention to the map the race is already lost, its something I picked up from mafia and burnout paradise, it doesn't bother me as much now.

Yeah, Burnout follows the same concept. Criterion kind of mixed it with the most wanted/UG's barriers.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I just got that, but you seem to have gone too far away from the checkpoint you had missed,

Not really. But there was a barricade which I bypassed. And the checkpoint was just in the next lane, albeit a different off-road path. Anyway, does it matter which route I take as long as I start from point A and finish at point B? And this is not a rally race where things like cutting corners will attract penalty. Even if it was, a 5sec penalty was more logical rather than telling you are 2nd. You call it feature, I call it dumb.

if you'd realized that you missed a checkpoint, why continue? could have restarted the race :|

Just for the fun of it, this was the final straw. :lol:

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
Not really. But there was a barricade which I bypassed. And the checkpoint was just in the next lane, albeit a different off-road path. Anyway, does it matter which route I take as long as I start from point A and finish at point B? And this is not a rally race where things like cutting corners will attract penalty. Even if it was, a 5sec penalty was more logical rather than telling you are 2nd. You call it feature, I call it dumb.

Well, not every open world racer has to be burnout :p

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its not an error, let me explain:

1. You are supposed to hit every checkpoint.
2. When you don't hit a checkpoint your progress does not get updated, and when the rival car passes the same checkpoint he goes on first and you become second and remain that way, you can't beat him even if you stay ahead as you had missed the checkpoint.
3. And the distance increases because now you have to go back to earlier checkpoint and then finish the race.

Like this: Suppose you are about to hit checkpoint 5, distance between you and checkpoint 5 is 1km and distance between checkpoint 5 and finish is say 5km, so your distance to finish is 1+5=6km, now you miss checkpoint 5 and move ahead by say 2km, now distance between you to finish is 5+2=7km as you have to go back 2km, hit checkpoint 5 and drive 5 km to finish.

PS: Line is green because it highlights your path, when you move ahead, you have to move back to earlier missed checkpoint and then continue, so your paths overlap and its all green from the missed checkpoint.

I know that buddy. Should have used the sarcasm tag. :p

One thing I couldn't understand why game developers are so hell bent on taking control away from the gamer. Max Payne 3 & Sleeping Dogs are also prime example of this.

tkin

Back to school!!
I know that buddy. Should have used the sarcasm tag. :p

One thing I couldn't understand why game developers are so hell bent on taking control away from the gamer. Max Payne 3 & Sleeping Dogs are also prime example of this.
Games are becoming like this now a days, play Fallout 3 or new vegas, these two games have no boundaries.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Commonsense meaning senseless driving only to reach the finish line? :p

Common sense is definitely not:-
1) Showing your track green when it should be red.
2) Showing your position as 2nd when you are ahead of your rival on the same lap
3) Closing your options and calling it open world. :p

Top Bottom