NEED Advice For Buying Graphics Card- GTX 780,770 or HD 7970 Vaporx

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Thanks for Such a nice suggestion.
I can easily grab up one GTX 760 now and another within 3-4 months. But do you think it will be up in market for that time. Nvidia cards are prone to quick Off Set from Market that can waste my investment bro.So, confirm me with this and,

How about GTX 770?
I think i can manage to get 2 of them within 5-6 months , one after another...

770 sli will be a beast. Faster than a 690 too. But 760 sli will suffice for a 1080p monitor. 770 sli will be an overkill for a single 1080p monitor. :)

Yeah you can pick one now and another after 2-3 months. That's because this time round, next gen gpu's are a while away. Nvidia's maxwell and AMD's volcanic islands will launch around Q2 next year.

AMD will launch Curacau XT and Hainan XT this october/november as a fight against Titan and 780 ( probably). They are not volcanic islands but sea-islands. A 760 SLI is still going to be faster than these single gpu solutions and like i said, you can always sell individual gpu's at good price.

P.S When doing sli, opt for reference 760 cards with a centrifugal cooler i.e only one fan at the side. This setting is ideal for multigpu as it throws air outside through its vents, rather than spewing hot air inside the cabinet.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
770 sli will be a beast. Faster than a 690 too. But 760 sli will suffice for a 1080p monitor. 770 sli will be an overkill for a single 1080p monitor. :)

Yeah you can pick one now and another after 2-3 months. That's because this time round, next gen gpu's are a while away. Nvidia's maxwell and AMD's volcanic islands will launch around Q2 next year.

AMD will launch Curacau XT and Hainan XT this october/november as a fight against Titan and 780 ( probably). They are not volcanic islands but sea-islands. A 760 SLI is still going to be faster than these single gpu solutions and like i said, you can always sell individual gpu's at good price.

P.S When doing sli, opt for reference 760 cards with a centrifugal cooler i.e only one fan at the side. This setting is ideal for multigpu as it throws air outside through its vents, rather than spewing hot air inside the cabinet.

I would disagree about reference coolers. The RAM in the reference designs and many custom designs are not evenly cooled. All the models I've seen other than the Galaxy/ KFA2 non-reference GTX 760s have some of the RAM in the back of the PCB.

In a multi-GPU configuration this is not advisable because the space between the two GPUs gets VERY HOT, and the uneven cooling in case of the memory is not good for the health of the second GPU.

The CM 690 is a case that can easily handle non-reference coolers, and the only GTX 760s I can recommend are the non-reference ones released by Galaxy/KFA2. They are also very easy to clean, so any accumulated dust can be removed with a brush without removing the heatsink from the cooler.

I would have agreed with you if only the memory unevenness was not there in the 760.

@arnab:
For 1080p, you really do not need SLI. If you really want to go the SLI route get the Galaxy GTX 760 GC eyes closed. But if you want to save on power draw and still get excellent performance get a GTX 780, if possible the EVGA superclocked model with the titan cooler.

You could also wait for AMD to release it's volcanic islands (HD 9XXX).

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
just get a fast single gpu imo. no need to go sli/cfx route after 3-4 months. HD9000 are coming in october. u cant say about performance of those new gpus. ofcourse a single gpu wont be as fast as 2 but u wont like to spend on a slower one if they turn out faster.

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum

So, it would be a good choice you think ?

Curacau XT and Hainan XT would be much costilier than 2 Gtx 770s that i am quite sure. But other upcoming nextgen Gpus wouldnt bother much i hope ? ? ? Are you sure the next gen architecture will not be of much hype and that my SLI setup still performs well enough to to play in Multi Monitor setupfor quite amount of days to come....

any idea how much Aruba would cost?

Let me know

just get a fast single gpu imo. no need to go sli/cfx route after 3-4 months. HD9000 are coming in october. u cant say about performance of those new gpus. ofcourse a single gpu wont be as fast as 2 but u wont like to spend on a slower one if they turn out faster.
Agreed , so You want me to wait and make my funds?

Cilus

laborare est orare
I think lets wait for the ned of this Month and see how the new AMD driver will perform in multi-gpu setup. Since OP is spending lot money, waiting for the new driver to verfy all the possibilities is the best solution.

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
So , I would request everyone who dropped in this thread . Please be subscribed and reply whoever see any driver update 1st.

I am waiting ......

DDIF

Custom User Title
Re: Here is Zotac Nvidia GTX 780 3GB

Finally got the card:
As promised posting pictures and Benchmark with 3DMark 11. I don't know what these benches can show but I haven't installed any games yet, so have to wait for actual FPS on Crysis 3 etc etc.

*manidhillon.com/GTX/GTX (1).jpg
*manidhillon.com/GTX/GTX (2).jpg
*manidhillon.com/GTX/GTX (3).jpg
*manidhillon.com/GTX/GTX (4).jpg
*manidhillon.com/GTX/GTX (5).jpg
*manidhillon.com/GTX/GTX (6).jpg
*manidhillon.com/GTX/GTX (7).jpg

3DMark 11 Result:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Benchmark result

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hello,
I am just planning to buy a gfx card pretty soon but I am really confused with which one should i GO.

My Current Budget is 35K and I was planning to go for HD 7970 VporX 3gb few days back. Now I saw rolling in their Nvdia Gtx 780 out inmarket with price tag of 47K , and now following that 770 is on market too. Both of these cards are performing well and better than HD 7970.

So I chnaged my plan and thought of buying gtx 770 , but Cilus Suggested that any upcoming games will be Memory Based and so One always should go with a card having Higher Memory. Now this is making me think twice and I am in Dillemma.

If I want to get rid of all this then I have to get Gtx 780 and thats almost 10K more , which is a bit difficult for me atm as I need to chnage up my psu as well
So, shall I go with Gtx770 reagrdless its 2GB or I should put emphasis what CILUS said- HIGHER MEMORY ...

Please suugest me what should i do, much apreciated

Thanks

Instead go for Zotac GTX760 2GB x 2 =Titan. SO GTX760 is costing 20.5k at present.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent

Finally got the card:
As promised posting pictures and Benchmark with 3DMark 11. I don't know what these benches can show but I haven't installed any games yet, so have to wait for actual FPS on Crysis 3 etc etc.

3DMark 11 Result:

All i have to say is i'm :hyper:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

Finally got the card:

3DMark 11 Result:

Wow......so finally you've bagged the beast. Congrats mate. :)

Do post some FPS numbers of Crysis 3 with highest settings along with others.

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum

Wow......so finally you've bagged the beast. Congrats mate. :)

Do post some FPS numbers of Crysis 3 with highest settings along with others.

Yes Vicky, I want to see that too.

God, its a beast man, did you get those games in actual? As the blacklist is not yet in market so will you get that?

thanks for taking time to post, update it soon we are all waiting.

Instead go for Zotac GTX760 2GB x 2 =Titan. SO GTX760 is costing 20.5k at present.

Nice , but i am waiting for upcoming amd GPUs bro. Cilus said me to do so.

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
I am a little lost here .. is it going to be AMD 8 or 9 series gpus ?

Along with that I would also like to know about Nvidia's Latest Volta architecture or any Upcoming Nextgen Gpu Models that can hit the market this year.

Anyone to help guys????

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
the waiting game can go on for forever but if you really want to have a gpu just get one now .. sure, lots of gpus with better performance will come later but going with a gpu when you really need one to play all games with every eye candy turned on is not a bad decision by any means I mean the 4-6 months advantage you have over the next gen big gpu release is enough for some quality gaming time in which you will be able to complete lots of good games and we all know how precious time is. So don't be late for the party ;-)

DDIF

Custom User Title

Yes Vicky, I want to see that too.

God, its a beast man, did you get those games in actual? As the blacklist is not yet in market so will you get that?

thanks for taking time to post, update it soon we are all waiting.

Nice , but i am waiting for upcoming amd GPUs bro. Cilus said me to do so.

Out of town friends, when I get back I will post detailed results.

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
Also,
Can any one update regarding Nvdia Volta Architecture , will it be out this year?

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
Buddy, nVidia's next architecture is Maxwell. Volta is scheduled to launch at 2016.

Hmm True, I just saw it. Sorry i havent seen it earlier,
Can you Tell me about the Maxwell, will it be up soon?

I am thinking to Pile up either two Gtx760s or Gtx 770s but as you know i am more off to AMD Structures so just waiting for your advice.

Thanks

Cilus

laborare est orare
No, Maxwell is scheduled for next year. And lest wait for couple of days...for the review of AMD's fixed Driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom