NEED Advice For Buying Graphics Card- GTX 780,770 or HD 7970 Vaporx

Status
Not open for further replies.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
If you have waited this long, I would advice you to w8 for the amd next gen gpu's to see how they stack up against the titan and 780 and also the pricing.If they are priced well and outperform a 780, you can go for a 9950, as I am almost sure that it will be 5-7% slower than a 9970 while being 20-25% cheaper.Then later you can add another 9950 in cfx for unmatched performance :cool:

the question is when will it come and by the time it comes to the market the prices of existing 7xx series will be stabilized making it better vfm........

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ Arnab

Why don't you give the 760 sli a try? At 40k, it will simply kill a 7970 or 770 at 1080p and power consumption is surprisingly low too.
If you have a good ATX board ( which you have as per your siggy), then i suggest you to get two of these:

ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Graphics Card - ZOTAC: Flipkart.com

These are reference cards and the centrifugal cooler is ideal for multi-gpu setups. You'll get 5 years of zotac warranty for each card and performance is much much higher than a single 7970/770.

You'll save considerable amount of money with considerable performance to boot. This is a better choice than a 7990 whose cost is not at all justifiable in an Indian context. Spending more than 40k for 1080p gaming is not wise.

SLI is pretty consistent too. No issues on that front. Geforce drivers also automatically download latest sli game profiles as soon as they release.
I strongly recommend to invest in a 760 sli. Even AMD's upcoming flagship gpu against titan won't beat this combo.

760 SLI is faster than GTX TITAN and just below a 690 and costing 20k less.

GeForce GTX 760 SLI review - Introduction

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
Bro, Will the price Cut of 7990 take too much time to come up here in India?
Then I shall wait for Hawai? Or can go with GTX 780.??

I wont be taking Gtx 760 as i dont have any rush doing sli, i just want to have a latest architecture, GTX 780 is good i think for that.

Let me know Please.

@ Arnab

Why don't you give the 760 sli a try? At 40k, it will simply kill a 7970 or 770 at 1080p and power consumption is surprisingly low too.
If you have a good ATX board ( which you have as per your siggy), then i suggest you to get two of these:

ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Graphics Card - ZOTAC: Flipkart.com

These are reference cards and the centrifugal cooler is ideal for multi-gpu setups. You'll get 5 years of zotac warranty for each card and performance is much much higher than a single 7970/770.

You'll save considerable amount of money with considerable performance to boot. This is a better choice than a 7990 whose cost is not at all justifiable in an Indian context. Spending more than 40k for 1080p gaming is not wise.

SLI is pretty consistent too. No issues on that front. Geforce drivers also automatically download latest sli game profiles as soon as they release.
I strongly recommend to invest in a 760 sli. Even AMD's upcoming flagship gpu against titan won't beat this combo.

760 SLI is faster than GTX TITAN and just below a 690 and costing 20k less.

GeForce GTX 760 SLI review - Introduction

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Bro, Will the price Cut of 7990 take too much time to come up here in India?
Then I shall wait for Hawai? Or can go with GTX 780.??

I wont be taking Gtx 760 as i dont have any rush doing sli, i just want to have a latest architecture, GTX 780 is good i think for that.

Let me know Please.

Don't fall for architectures mate. The upcoming amd cards don't sport any new architecture but a rehash of GCN. Same goes for 780 which is a minor rehash of kepler.
Don't forget 760's belong to the same kepler architectures which is known for its incredible efficiency.

Expect new architectures in amd's volcanic islands and nvidia's maxwell. They are not going to launch this year and the upcoming amd cards are not volcanic islands.
So realistically speaking, you're not waiting for any new architecture.

If SLI is in your budget that too being as efficient as a powerful single card, then why not go for it? Its even considerably cheaper, being 8k more than a 770 and 12k less than a 780.
Its also faster than a titan. For 1080p, performance over this is an overkill and waste of money.

Both the 690 and 7990 are waste of money for 1080p gaming. You pay extra for nothing. Side by side, there will be no gameplay differences between a 760 sli and 7990 especially at 1080p. The latter will appear significant only at multimonitor resolutions, while not forgetting 760 sli can also handle the same.

Think again. Our forum member gameranand has a 7870 crossfire for 1080p gaming and he's extremely happy. 760 sli is even more powerful than that setup. You don't have to pay 50+k for 1080p gaming as you won't see any differences. Besides 780 is slower than 760 sli and that too by a big margin. Think about it.

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
Ok Bro, As you say .
Waiting for Cilus then to confirm and i will go for it.
So , Next Gen GPUs will come up next year HUH?

Don't fall for architectures mate. The upcoming amd cards don't sport any new architecture but a rehash of GCN. Same goes for 780 which is a minor rehash of kepler.
Don't forget 760's belong to the same kepler architectures which is known for its incredible efficiency.

Expect new architectures in amd's volcanic islands and nvidia's maxwell. They are not going to launch this year and the upcoming amd cards are not volcanic islands.
So realistically speaking, you're not waiting for any new architecture.

If SLI is in your budget that too being as efficient as a powerful single card, then why not go for it? Its even considerably cheaper, being 8k more than a 770 and 12k less than a 780.
Its also faster than a titan. For 1080p, performance over this is an overkill and waste of money.

Both the 690 and 7990 are waste of money for 1080p gaming. You pay extra for nothing. Side by side, there will be no gameplay differences between a 760 sli and 7990 especially at 1080p. The latter will appear significant only at multimonitor resolutions, while not forgetting 760 sli can also handle the same.

Think again. Our forum member gameranand has a 7870 crossfire for 1080p gaming and he's extremely happy. 760 sli is even more powerful than that setup. You don't have to pay 50+k for 1080p gaming as you won't see any differences. Besides 780 is slower than 760 sli and that too by a big margin. Think about it.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Ok Bro, As you say .
Waiting for Cilus then to confirm and i will go for it.
So , Next Gen GPUs will come up next year HUH?

Yes, next gen gpu's from both camps will show up next year. HD 9000 is no new architecture and they can no way beat a 760 sli in performance.
Even so, they are going to have exorbitant prices in india at launch. Expect prices upwards of 50k.

I say grab the reference zotac cards with 5 year warranty. You'll have ample performance at your disposal.
No point in waiting actually.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Arey man, what is the harm for waiting a little now. Although HD 9000 series is a tweaked GCN 1.0 architecture, it does have some changes and lets wait for couple of days before making the decision. There will be two versions and if OP can manage the CF of the cheaper version then that might be the best solution.

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
Arey man, what is the harm for waiting a little now. Although HD 9000 series is a tweaked GCN 1.0 architecture, it does have some changes and lets wait for couple of days before making the decision. There will be two versions and if OP can manage the CF of the cheaper version then that might be the best solution.

Yes Cilus,

I can wait around 1 month..No issues, but More than that would be some problem.

Thanks

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wait for HD9xxx but if you can't get one even after waiting for a month consider getting Galaxy GTX 780 [ HOF ] ;-)

*www.hardocp.com/images/articles/1376280388OaKRudmCMk_1_7_l.jpg

it's not only the performance but the looks of the card is way too great.

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
Sure Top, but i wont get warranty here. WILL I??
Wait for HD9xxx but if you can't get one even after waiting for a month consider getting Galaxy GTX 780 [ HOF ] ;-)

*www.hardocp.com/images/articles/1376280388OaKRudmCMk_1_7_l.jpg

it's not only the performance but the looks of the card is way too great.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Sure Top, but i wont get warranty here. WILL I??

Sure why not. Galaxy has good presence in India. You'll ofcourse get full 3 years of warranty here. Flipkart stocks Galaxy cards all the time.
780 HOF is beast. Out of the box, its well faster than a titan and when overclocked, it performs like a 690.

Must say, its the fastest 780 out there and the cooler is one of the best. Buy it eyes closed if you find it at a reasonable price.

Last edited:
OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
But Flipkart charge a lot, refer to me what other place i can get it from..

How much will be its Price around?

Sure why not. Galaxy has good presence in India. You'll ofcourse get full 3 years of warranty here. Flipkart stocks Galaxy cards all the time.
780 HOF is beast. Out of the box, its well faster than a titan and when overclocked, it performs like a 690.

Must say, its the fastest 780 out there and the cooler is one of the best. Buy it eyes closed if you find it at a reasonable price.

S.S gadgets

Broken In
Will He Get Warranty of it in India? From where should it be bought, I dont know any local store who keep Galaxy Cards and give RMA ,

plz suggest

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
Hey Buddy,
I called these guys and they said they will provide evrything and have local dealer out here in WB too.
Forgot to ask the price though :-D

Any help on that?

Technology And Gadgets

Technology And Gadgets

I hope you got your answers buddy.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Hey Buddy,
I called these guys and they said they will provide evrything and have local dealer out here in WB too.
Forgot to ask the price though :-D

Any help on that?

Since you had called, try and call them again about the price.
Can they arrange a 780 hof??

In the meantime, check this beast here:

[YOUTUBE]NyheWOj6h04[/YOUTUBE]

I suggest to grab the 780 HOF if available. Damn thing is faster than a Titan out of the box!!!!.

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
Thanks man for the video.
Ya they said HOF will be in within 3 week. But i forgot to ask the price so if you could help me with that plz?

Since you had called, try and call them again about the price.
Can they arrange a 780 hof??

In the meantime, check this beast here:

[YOUTUBE]NyheWOj6h04[/YOUTUBE]

I suggest to grab the 780 HOF if available. Damn thing is faster than a Titan out of the box!!!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom