NEED Advice For Buying Graphics Card- GTX 780,770 or HD 7970 Vaporx

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.S gadgets

Broken In
Hey Cilus,
Do you like Arnab to wait untill Oct as AMD is launching there new Series on that month?
Don't you think it would be better for him to wait ???

DDIF

Custom User Title
Re: Here is Zotac Nvidia GTX 780 3GB

Wow......so finally you've bagged the beast. Congrats mate. :)

Do post some FPS numbers of Crysis 3 with highest settings along with others.
Hmmm, The Crysis 3 update is taking too long to load, very slow speed on Origin servers.
But I have Benched MetroLL by their Benchmark tool.
here is the result.
When I finish Downloading Crysis 3, I will post that too, f&^k*g origin should check their servers.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
~~EA~~
EA ITHelpdesk Person1: Sir we are experiencing heavy user load we need more servers.

EA Manager1 : (seeing last month's server assciated bill & user satisfaction) hmm! we are creating customer satisfaction & that too we are not even receiving continuous money. Let's remove few servers.

Sr.Manager to Manager1: Very good decision. You saved lots of money but you created some customer satisfaction so your performance is average.
EA ITHelpdesk Person1: Let's create band based download service & charge few bucks for premium bands for faster download. Free band : highest 1Mbps & premium paid band: Unlimited.

Sr.Manager to ITHelpdesk Person1: Now that's the words I was searching for. You are promoted effective immediately.

Sr.Manager to Manager 1: Look (pointing to the ITHelpdesk Guy) this guy will make a very good manager. Perhaps even better than you.

Manager 1: (being very sad) returned to his desk.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
~~EA~~
EA ITHelpdesk Person1: Sir we are experiencing heavy user load we need more servers.

EA Manager1 : (seeing last month's server assciated bill & user satisfaction) hmm! we are creating customer satisfaction & that too we are not even receiving continuous money. Let's remove few servers.

Sr.Manager to Manager1: Very good decision. You saved lots of money but you created some customer satisfaction so your performance is average.
EA ITHelpdesk Person1: Let's create band based download service & charge few bucks for premium bands for faster download. Free band : highest 1Mbps & premium paid band: Unlimited.

Sr.Manager to ITHelpdesk Person1: Now that's the words I was searching for. You are promoted effective immediately.

Sr.Manager to Manager 1: Look (pointing to the ITHelpdesk Guy) this guy will make a very good manager. Perhaps even better than you.

Manager 1: (being very sad) returned to his desk.

LOL :rofl:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
nah, it's still 13.4 Final and 13.6 beta release on their website but there's a new driver update which is almost ready - AMD Catalyst 13.8 WHQL and a beta version too.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
nah, it's still 13.4 Final and 13.6 beta release on their website but there's a new driver update which is almost ready - AMD Catalyst 13.8 WHQL and a beta version too.

Raid. Frag. Dominate your games. | GAME.AMD.COM

Delayed by 24 hrs..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
13.8 beta released :
AMD Catalyst

and here's a review to go with it ;-)
Frame Rating: Catalyst 13.8 Brings Frame Pacing to AMD Radeon | PC Perspective

Cilus

laborare est orare
Here are some more reviews on 13.8 driver:-
AMD Framepacing Catalyst 13.8 driver examined with FCAT - Article
AnandTech | AMD Frame Pacing Explored: Catalyst 13.8 Brings Consistency to Crossfire

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
Still not all Smoke Got cleared , Does It?

Let me know Cilus, we are awaiting your suggestion. Meanwhile I am going through your given links,.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
13.8 beta released :
AMD Catalyst

and here's a review to go with it ;-)
Frame Rating: Catalyst 13.8 Brings Frame Pacing to AMD Radeon | PC Perspective

Thanks Top, For this.

Now I really want to know what should I do.
Wait, Buy or whatever. Please update!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
like the Anandtech review pointed there's still room for improvement in DX9, OpenGL and multi monitor setups with super high res but for single monitor and DX10 and 11 titles frame pace issue has been solved mostly but considering it's only a beta release in the future driver versions would be more good in solving this frame pacing/latency issue greatly. Anyway, do keep in mind at the end of the day it's a software solution only unlike nvidia for which this frame pacing thing works at HW level so let's say AMD's upcoming desktop gpus will have hardware feature like nvidia to eliminate this frame pace issue completely unlike the software solution as of now. So if you can wait or else going with HD7970 and get another one later is not a wrong decision either.

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
like the Anandtech review pointed there's still room for improvement in DX9, OpenGL and multi monitor setups with super high res but for single monitor and DX10 and 11 titles frame pace issue has been solved mostly but considering it's only a beta release in the future driver versions would be more good in solving this frame pacing/latency issue greatly. Anyway, do keep in mind at the end of the day it's a software solution only unlike nvidia for which this frame pacing thing works at HW level so let's say AMD's upcoming desktop gpus will have hardware feature like nvidia to eliminate this frame pace issue completely unlike the software solution as of now. So if you can wait or else going with HD7970 and get another one later is not a wrong decision either.

OK TOP, I got that..
But Gtx770 4GB vrsn wont be a good choice you mean?

Cilus

laborare est orare
What is the price of the 4GB version of GTX 770? I don;t think it is below 35K. For 1080P 2GB or 3GB is enough. before purchasing, do consider the price/performance ratio also. You can get a HD 7970 OC version below 30K (around 28K/29K) and even a normal 2GB 770 at at 32K. With that you won't get any improvement over 4 to 4% at maximum. If you go through the review, you will find out that in most reviewers option that although AMD CF solution is still behind nVidia, while gaming, you will hardly notice any issues and with newer driver update, you will get more improvement in that area. So make your decision accordingly. In pen and paper, those differences look real big but while gaming when your concentration is on Gameplay, you can hardly differentiate between an nvidia SLI and AMD CF with the latest drivers. But if you record the game play video and then watch it, you might find some of the glitches.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK TOP, I got that..
But Gtx770 4GB vrsn wont be a good choice you mean?

is this even available in here ? and I agree with cilus on this that 2 - 3 GB memory ought be enough for 1080p ,, just for info I've seen BF3 eating up almost 2.5GB ram while running at 1440P ;-)

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
What is the price of the 4GB version of GTX 770? I don;t think it is below 35K. For 1080P 2GB or 3GB is enough. before purchasing, do consider the price/performance ratio also. You can get a HD 7970 OC version below 30K (around 28K/29K) and even a normal 2GB 770 at at 32K. With that you won't get any improvement over 4 to 4% at maximum. If you go through the review, you will find out that in most reviewers option that although AMD CF solution is still behind nVidia, while gaming, you will hardly notice any issues and with newer driver update, you will get more improvement in that area. So make your decision accordingly. In pen and paper, those differences look real big but while gaming when your concentration is on Gameplay, you can hardly differentiate between an nvidia SLI and AMD CF with the latest drivers. But if you record the game play video and then watch it, you might find some of the glitches.

Thanks Cilus for such a wonder full suggestion , I appreciate. But I have few queries before I take my step.

Dont you think GTX 770 architecture is a bit advance than hd 7970 ?,
. No.... i am no Pro who know everything about rendering but I am sure you know so I would like you to be as detail as possible to me.
If its same Like hd7970 in all functions, how is that?

Also, If i buy a HD 7970 now it would take me at least 5-6 mnth to CF another . By that time I fear it would be in market or not???

I have planned to extend my Resolution, but if you insist I can be with same resolution but shift to a bigger sized monitor.. Do you like that?

is this even available in here ? and I agree with cilus on this that 2 - 3 GB memory ought be enough for 1080p ,, just for info I've seen BF3 eating up almost 2.5GB ram while running at 1440P ;-)

See , I will change my monitor size and may extend my resolution too...

Cilus

laborare est orare
Arnab, GTX 770 is not a new card, it is a old wine in new bottle. It uses the same GPU as of GTX 680 but uses better PCB and better Memory chips which enables it run at higher speed and provide much memory bandwidth. The architecture is exactly same as GTX 600 series. Don't confuse GTX 780 with it, GTX 780 is based on advanced architecture used in GTX Titan.

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
Arnab, GTX 770 is not a new card, it is a old wine in new bottle. It uses the same GPU as of GTX 680 but uses better PCB and better Memory chips which enables it run at higher speed and provide much memory bandwidth. The architecture is exactly same as GTX 600 series. Don't confuse GTX 780 with it, GTX 780 is based on advanced architecture used in GTX Titan.

So should i go with Gtx 780 Buddy? and if possible will sli it afterwards?

Or AMD is the best option?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom