OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Dude, its really clear that such a huge thread means that this phone simply rocks .. go ahead and get it .. best nokia n series phone till date and best one I have used till date ..

And with ver 20 firmware , camera is just top notch now.. difficult to find a better camera phone than this ... Only pixon 12 can be better than this ..

Last edited:

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Re: N86 new FW got bugs??

I had upgraded to the new FW 20.115 when it was out. Face detection is working great. It can detect and follow multiple faces too. Startup RAM stays around 60 MB while earlier t used to be ~51 MB. But, I found some serious issues with this new firmwire:

1. Images taken in dim light with flash appears to be washed out sometimes.
2. Menu and rotation effects(the theme effects) appear to be lagging. Earlier on tilting the phone the current screen would fade out to the rotated one. But now, it just blacks out and hangs for a while if I rotate the fone. Had to turn this feature off.
3. Video recording hangs the phone. Recording a video greater than 5-7 minutes hangs the phone. The camera lights stay on and the phone turns numb. Have to take out the battery.

Are these issues happening with any of you guys? I don't know whether its with my phone only. The video record issue is a serious problem for me at the moment. :(

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
1. Images taken in all conditions come out superb for me ..Maybe cos I hold it very still without any movement ..
2. Theme effects is broken in ver 20 . switch it off ..its a bug and will be corrected in next firmware
3. video recording works well .. Though the prob u mentioned does exist ..I just tried recording a clip more than 7min and it hung and need to take out the battery. So I need to look more into it .. Looks like I found one more bug to report to mr damian dinning of nokia ..

Edit: Does this video recording thing happens everytime u cross 5/7 min mark. Cos it did hang for the first time at 7:20 but next time it did fine for 10 min clip. So I guess its a random happening thing .. Will check few more times and will let u know.

Last edited:

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
I tried to record twice, and at both times it hung. I was recording a GoKart racing of my friends, and due to this, I had to listen to their curses. :|

Recording a 1-2 mins clip happens successfully.
Didn't try it again, because, opening the back cover is a real pain. Feels like, it might break off at any time.

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Did it again for 12:03 seconds and it did well .. no hang whatso ever.. Dont know why it hung for the first time? Do the hard reset on ur phone and Try to record on the mass memory ..I am sure this prob will vanish.. hard reset code is *#7370#..

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
recorded a 15:05 min clip successfully. So, it may be a random thing happening. But who knows when will it happen again. I'm recording to mass memory itself. Will do a hard reset if it happens again. Or format mass memory.

RajU
Ok, visited some stores in Kolkata, but non of them have stock with them. Didn't visited Priority though...

pawankhanna

Broken In
also you can use *#7780# for reset setting only...not deleting data just reset your all phone setting....

i am playing ngage games in my phone but i want some freeware games so pls suggest some games....that i can play as freeware..

Did it again for 12:03 seconds and it did well .. no hang whatso ever.. Dont know why it hung for the first time? Do the hard reset on ur phone and Try to record on the mass memory ..I am sure this prob will vanish.. hard reset code is *#7370#..

salman06p0020

Broken In
Images taken by N86

*www.ipernity.com/doc/djmuzi/6336540/in/group/125190?from=6337437&at=1256236520

The pics look amazing. I have decided on buying this mobile after all my research and will buy it soon and this will be my first mobile. This mobile sure looks like the best overall mobile in the market right now.

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
N86 is indeed the best one out there.. Satio with all that big screen and camera and xenon but with 1000 mah battery is laughable .. Omnia hd , N97 have 1500 mah battery and they dont last that long under heavy use..so how long satio last is anybody's guess...

sujoyp

Grand Master
satio and n86 r not in the same race....Satio's direct compititor would be Omnia HD and somehow n97 price wise

Aino is the compititor to N86 ...whoever can produce greater results is the winner

desuza.jony

Broken In
My friend purchased Nokia N86 very recently for a discounted price of Rs.21K, may be a festival discount. with a music voucher using which he could download 100 tracks of his choice from the NokiaMusic store.since he isn’t a music buff like me, I managed to get his voucher and hence had look into the Music store of Nokia.(Note that you don’t need a voucher to download the music store application. You only need it to download songs freely)...The download was done from the [URL="*music.nokia.co.in/"]Nokia Music Store
[/URL]
The download and Installation were smooth and easy.

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
@sujoyp - N86 with ver 20 firmware can give very tough competition to satio and pixon 12. Dont be surprised if N86 does better than those two in some respects. Its camera is improved greatly since it first came out. At that time, I said that only issue was image processing algorithms which have been tuned to the best in this current ver 20 firmware along with face detection and few other features that have been added. Dont need to tell how good is its video recording quality.

@dreamcatcher- Guess what, a friend of mine is using satio since it came out and he is a hardcore symbian user and battery doesnt last that long. I am not making any assumptions here. If it last u that much period of time then good. But do u even know how to properly utilise a symbian phone? since all the yrs u have been with all those dumb se phones..

Top Bottom