Tamoghno

Padawan
Trying out a n86 right now (typing this post from it) . Best nokia hardware ever , period . Camera better than i expected. And the build quality remind me of first gen nseries devices.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
What is the current price going on for N86 & N82

@dreamcatcher: the best UI experience i ve got is from HTC Touch (i dont know the exact model mybe HTC hero) superb even samsung latest UI screens beat SE :oops:

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
N86 is around 23k here in maharashtra and around 20.5 k in other places in India. N82 is discountinued..

OT- one se handset that I am looking forward too.. and hope it will have a decent battery unlike Satio's 1000mAh ...

*www.intomobile.com/2009/11/18/meet-the-sony-ericsson-kurara.html

salman06p0020

Broken In
Finally bought my first mobile phone, the N86. Got it for 20.8k including all taxes.

And I am a n00b when it comes to mobile phones, so need some help from you pros out there. Any website/guides you guys recommend? Any tips? etc....

sujoyp

Grand Master
i wanna see the new symbian with kurrara....this one s60v5 is not upto the mark...no icandy at all..

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Finally bought my first mobile phone, the N86. Got it for 20.8k including all taxes.

And I am a n00b when it comes to mobile phones, so need some help from you pros out there. Any website/guides you guys recommend? Any tips? etc....

Check " all about symbian" , howard-forums.com , symbian-guru.com ... etc ..

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Those who bought this phone recently, I have a query to them....

Is the face detection feature available out of the box ?

If I buy this in next month,I don't want to upgrade the firmware by myself to make brick the phone.

I have very bitter/sad experience with my E63.

Any one have any idea about recent possible price in kolkata ? (Priority/Dealer)

Thanks in advance.

P.S:-Or is it worth to wait for X6 (I know it is complete different category)?

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
No idea if u will get N86 with ver 20 out of the box.. Even if u get ver11 then its great. Cos ver 11 is easily hackable using hellox2 and then u can get ur phone updated to ver 20 using nokia software updater and u can have ur phone hacked. Face detection is added in ver 20 . As far as I am concerned does not make a difference as far as image quality is concerned. It may help in few backlit situations but then I have not such an exp to test it in those conditions. Its a fun feature though and can detect upto 10 faces.

If ur interested in touch devices then u can wait for nokia x6 ..

BlkRb0t

Broken In
Which network to choose guys, I am confused between Airtel and Vodafone. Which one provides the best network, internet services and free limited SMS's?

dissel

Cyborg Agent
No idea if u will get N86 with ver 20 out of the box.. Even if u get ver11 then its great. Cos ver 11 is easily hackable using hellox2 and then u can get ur phone updated to ver 20 using nokia software updater and u can have ur phone hacked. Face detection is added in ver 20 . As far as I am concerned does not make a difference as far as image quality is concerned. It may help in few backlit situations but then I have not such an exp to test it in those conditions. Its a fun feature though and can detect upto 10 faces.

If ur interested in touch devices then u can wait for nokia x6 ..

Thanks for replying....yeah, I love to have face detection feature in my phone too...Why not ?It is best for me if it pre-installed.

Though I don't want touch, I am seeking for big-screen/extra space, which is very handy/comfortable during web-browsing...that is my personal experience.

And only touch device currently come with big screen...After reading N97 mini's Cam review I wish the if the same unit will come with X6.

BlkRb0t

Broken In
What is the use of hacking? My mobile came with firmware 10.xxx, should I update it to the latest one? And any good apps you would recommend? I am still yet to decide on a network, which one do you recommend for browsing & SMS?

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
With ur phone hacked, u can install any no of unsigned apps in ur symbian phone.. no need to go through the lengthy procedure of signing the app with a certificate for ur particular imei no. It really gives u a lot of freedom to install whatever u want in a symbian phone. For n86 , ver 11 and ver 10 are easily hackable using a software called Hello ox2 and its very easy procedure to follow. But ver 20 can not be hacked using it. But u can update ur hacked phone to ver 20 and due to UDP , ur hack will stay put. I heard airtel is good for browsing..

BlkRb0t

Broken In
Any good trusted site from where we can get these unsigned apps? Any must have apps you recommend? How to get N-gage games for free?

Sorry for asking too many questions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom