My first 3D TV??

aroraanant

Explorer
I have three brands in consideration.
a) Samsung ( active tech).
b) Sony ( active tech).
c) LG ( Passive tech).

Is there any brand which i should consider for?
Don't consider Samsung in case of high end 3D sets.

Apart from that, though HX850 uses active tech still it is the best out there, I think you should visit a local showroom near you then only you will realise the difference.

LGWRMan seems like a really nice fair rep. :)

Thats pretty true.

ashutosh_jain

Broken In
If you really plan to buy a 3D TV, now is a good time, since LG 3D TV and Sony Bravia are offering good Diwali deals. Check it out in this thread Festival Offers

OP
Sam22

Sam22

TV Expert
If you really plan to buy a 3D TV, now is a good time, since LG 3D TV and Sony Bravia are offering good Diwali deals. Check it out in this thread Festival Offers

I had noticed that the Diwali offer given by all the brands as for now but my main concern is for PQ and also they shouldn't be any flicker or crosstalk while viewing 3D content,,,

Lalit Kishore

Broken In
My suggestion would be LG 42LM6400. Reason - best combination of 3D tech (passive), features and price (around 80K - with some Delhi dealers). And if after a few years, 3D TVs really go out of fashion, you will not feel the pinch. On the other hand, if 3D TV really picks up, you will still not feel bad about replacing it.

OP
Sam22

Sam22

TV Expert
also many of the members here bought LG 3D TV recently u can ask them for details and feedback

yeah, I had observed that many of the TGF members have bought 3D Tv from LG..thinking to get their feedback for their TV's before proceeding to some model.

randomuser111

Technomancer
All that is fine but most importantly you should trust your own eyes. Compare all the sets you have shortlisted first. Dont base your decision on suggestions by other people

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
All that is fine but most importantly you should trust your own eyes. Compare all the sets you have shortlisted first. Dont base your decision on suggestions by other people

I could not agree more! Reviews from other people should only be used as a guide. It's like trying different flavors of ice cream. There will be a bunch of flavors that your friends absolutely recommend you. And from those bunch, perhaps the majority you may like, but there will definitely be some that you don't like. And most of all, you won't know what it tastes like until you've tried it yourself! That is why all half-way decent ice cream shops let you try different flavors before you buy it.

Okay, I have this incredible urge for some ice cream now.

LG WRman Sherlock, out (for some ice cream)!

OP
Sam22

Sam22

TV Expert

yeah....i understand this point...I just wanted to get the post usage reviews of their Tv's...

OP
Sam22

Sam22

TV Expert
I am in a final stage to get the TV. It's going to be either LM7600 or Sony HX850....
throw up your suggestions now...

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
I am in a final stage to get the TV. It's going to be either LM7600 or Sony HX850....
throw up your suggestions now...

Before anything, I have a couple of questions for you: How often will you be watching movies in 3D, and how much in 2D? How important is 3D picture quality for you?

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

OP
Sam22

Sam22

TV Expert
Before anything, I have a couple of questions for you: How often will you be watching movies in 3D, and how much in 2D? How important is 3D picture quality for you?

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

Well, You too might be knowing that We don't have much 3D contents as for now but yeah I do enjoy watching movies in 3D. Movies like Avatar, Life if Pi looks awesome in 3D.
Though my primary focus would be on watching 2D contents only so I am looking for something which can be deliver good PQ in 2D and in 3D as well.

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

Then HX850 no doubt. Multiple TV of the year awards. Nuff said. :)

But have you even seen the HX850 in person ? If not, go do that ASAP. And also compare similar models from Samsung, LG, Philips etc.

OP
Sam22

Sam22

TV Expert
No, i haven't seen the HX850 in person till date but I am thinking to take a demo of it pretty soon....

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
Well, You too might be knowing that We don't have much 3D contents as for now but yeah I do enjoy watching movies in 3D. Movies like Avatar, Life if Pi looks awesome in 3D.
Though my primary focus would be on watching 2D contents only so I am looking for something which can be deliver good PQ in 2D and in 3D as well.

I just wanted to throw a line out for the LG LM7600 and mention that the LM7600 is definitely a very good all-round performer. While the other TV you were looking at may specialize in 2D picture, the LM7600 is definitely no slouch on the 2D PQ either. There are many reviews about the LM7600 saying it has good picture quality:

LG 47LM7600 Review - Watch CNET's Video Review
LG LM7600 - reviews - TVs - none - PC World Australia

These are just two of them. Things to note are the 3D picture quality as well as the Smart TV features, which are both very good.

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

OP
Sam22

Sam22

TV Expert
I just wanted to throw a line out for the LG LM7600 and mention that the LM7600 is definitely a very good all-round performer. While the other TV you were looking at may specialize in 2D picture, the LM7600 is definitely no slouch on the 2D PQ either. There are many reviews about the LM7600 saying it has good picture quality:

LG 47LM7600 Review - Watch CNET's Video Review
LG LM7600 - reviews - TVs - none - PC World Australia

These are just two of them. Things to note are the 3D picture quality as well as the Smart TV features, which are both very good.

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

I am aware of the fact that LM7600 is on one of the TV's which you can never black out from the list.
What about LM6690? Can you throw some light on this TV????

randomuser111

Technomancer
Also keep in mind if you are into competitive gaming, you should avoid LG models as they have higher input lag. HX850 is 3 times faster than LM7600/8600/9600.

If you are just casual gamer then nothing much to worry

Top Bottom