My first 3D TV??

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
Also keep in mind if you are into competitive gaming, you should avoid LG models as they have higher input lag. HX850 is 3 times faster than LM7600/8600/9600.

If you are just casual gamer then nothing much to worry

Yes, the LG models do have some input lag, but it is not as much as you may think. The LM7600 is rated at around 30-40 ms, which is still fairly decent for gaming. The HX850 has 28-32 ms, which is better, but not by much. If you're a competitive gamer, you have no choice but to go with a plasma anyways because they have the least amount of input lag (aside from a CRT). However, then you can get problems with image retention if you play very often (those static HUDs!), and that's never fun.

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

PS: You can read reviews on both TVs here (it's where I found the exact input lag numbers):
LM7600: LG LM7600 / LM760T review - FlatpanelsHD
HX850: Sony HX850 (HX853) review - FlatpanelsHD

From my experience, this website does very comprehensive reviews. Check it out!

randomuser111

Technomancer
There are some sites that measured 100ms, thats thrice as much lag as HX850's 30ms.

Anyway, get a demo asap. If you care about picture quality then HX850 is a no brainer. It produces better picture quality than LG LM9600 flagship model even, so comparing it with LM7600 is not even fair.

If you are a fan of LG then you can get LG of course. LM7600 is a very good tv but not in the same league as HX850.

Or if you want the 2D picture quality of HX850 yet don't want to miss passive 3D then wait till April next year. Sony 2013 bravia range will use passive 3D.

OP
Sam22

Sam22

TV Expert
There are some sites that measured 100ms, thats thrice as much lag as HX850's 30ms.

Anyway, get a demo asap. If you care about picture quality then HX850 is a no brainer. It produces better picture quality than LG LM9600 flagship model even, so comparing it with LM7600 is not even fair.

If you are a fan of LG then you can get LG of course. LM7600 is a very good tv but not in the same league as HX850.

Or if you want the 2D picture quality of HX850 yet don't want to miss passive 3D then wait till April next year. Sony 2013 bravia range will use passive 3D.

I am not a fan of LG or what so ever brand but I noticed that there are so many users who have got LG 3D TV in recent times and they are giving positive feedback from them.
The same holds true for Sony Hx850 as well, so that's the only reason that I am not able to decide which among the two to go for.
I am gonna spend huge money so I don't wanna regret for my decision after getting the TV.

Hey Sherlock Can you please tell me something about this TV.. Never Heard about this....
*tech2.in.com/news/3d-tvs/lg-announces-tm2792-cinema-3d-tv/392802

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
Yes, as randomuser 111 has said, that is a "personal' smart TV, meaning the size is a smaller. That model is a 27 inch. I do no believe that would be ideal for your living room. Perhaps for your bedroom it will be okay.

But if you want more information about this TV anyway, let me know! I'll be happy to answer any questions for you.

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

OP
Sam22

Sam22

TV Expert
ok, Finally I had decided to get the Sony HX850 this week. I think there is no other brand model which can compete with the PQ of Sony.

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
ok, Finally I had decided to get the Sony HX850 this week. I think there is no other brand model which can compete with the PQ of Sony.

Congratulations! I am happy that you were finally able to decide on what TV you want! Make sure you update us with pictures and such!

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

randomuser111

Technomancer

So you finally did demo it :)

Share your demo experience and also which other TV sets you compared it with.

Though I must say I'm really surprised you decided to get the HX850 finally. I always thought you will get LG only as you seem to like LG a lot and also you yourself recommended LG TVs mostly.

OP
Sam22

Sam22

TV Expert
Congratulations! I am happy that you were finally able to decide on what TV you want! Make sure you update us with pictures and such!

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

Thanks WRSherlock.....Thanks for letting me so many tech details of every Tv.
I will surely post the pics once I get the TV.

So you finally did demo it :)

Share your demo experience and also which other TV sets you compared it with.

Though I must say I'm really surprised you decided to get the HX850 finally. I always thought you will get LG only as you seem to like LG a lot and also you yourself recommended LG TVs mostly.

Yes, I did deomed it and The PQ of the TV was very stunning.
I can understand your amazement that I am going for Sony. I like LG because of the flicker free Passive tech and they are a bit cheaper than Sony as well.
I hope, I don't experience any flicker once i get my sony HX850..

OP
Sam22

Sam22

TV Expert
You didnt demo HX850 3D performance??

I did demoed the 3D performance wearing the active shutter glasses and found them to be quite light weighted.
Since I demoed it only for 10 minutes so I am not sure that whether i would get flickering while watching it for long hours.
Keeping my finger's crossed...

randomuser111

Technomancer
Unless you plan to watch 3D more than 5 hours per day, there is nothing to worry :)

Which size you going for ? 40/46/55 ? And what deal are you getting

OP
Sam22

Sam22

TV Expert
Woooooooooooo,,,,Finally got the Sony HX850 yesterday...
Will be uploading the pics soon,,,
stay tuned to this thread.

Top Bottom