Musicians Corner V1: Cover Band Edition

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I'm a big fan of Korean movies and drama.
can u suggest some new ones?

See Helpless and I Saw the Devil. We have a thread for movies, you will get more recommendation over there from other members too.

I like these melodrama movies:
The Classic
A Moment to Remember (didn't like initially but now realize that it indeed is a pretty cool movie)

Another good tutorial, barre chords but makes it easy to play
[YOUTUBE]78gflxEH5Oc[/YOUTUBE]

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
In that budget you can only get acoustic.

Look up GB&A, they have good budget guitars.

is there any specific one which you can point me at ? Also since i literally dont know anything about guitar , should i just buy it online ? or go to shop to try before buying .

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
It's always best to try before you buy.

If you are new to guitars, get someone with experience to go to the shop with you.

However, beware that there are a lot of duplicate brands in the shops (as well as online) which don't sound very well.

GB&A make good guitars, however, I don't know any model in particular, you will have to ask the shopkeeper.

Other (probably better) brands are Pluto and Granada (again, don't know any models in particular, ask the shopkeeper which model comes in that budget).

Try to stick to these brands so that you don't bring home any duplicate branded ones. Also, I'd recommend that you get a model with a circular sound hole because those ones sound more rich.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Can play this now :p Not the Barre's but a step up from easy open chords substitution
[YOUTUBE]RZu6rMffErE[/YOUTUBE]

this song brings the smilez :)

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Noob question - How is the guy playing guitar part whereas other sound is playing normally ? I do know about backing track , but they do not contain vocals right ?

[youtube]oIS3_-vBL98[/youtube]

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Noob question - How is the guy playing guitar part whereas other sound is playing normally ? I do know about backing track , but they do not contain vocals right ?

[youtube]oIS3_-vBL98[/youtube]
I didn't understand your question. Can you elaborate?

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
I didn't understand your question. Can you elaborate?

The guy is performing the guitar part of the song . It looks like he has removed the original guitar part from the song and then used his guitar for the song .

edit - Am i making some sense now ?

edit 2 - how is this one for beginner - Electric Guitar,Givson spanish guitar, Buy Guitar online,musical instrument

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Dude, if you want to buy an electric guitar, keep a budget of at least 11k. Below this all guitars have crap tone and low quality build. That Givson is a copy of a Gibson.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the video, its possible that the guy made his own backing track. He could also overdub the song.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Dude, if you want to buy an electric guitar, keep a budget of at least 11k. Below this all guitars have crap tone and low quality build. That Givson is a copy of a Gibson.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the video, its possible that the guy made his own backing track. He could also overdub the song.

cool thanks , its just that i got to excited seeing guitar cover . Will definitely go for acoustic .

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Changed strings to EXL110 Nickel Wound, Regular Light, 10-46 - D'Addario. Not liking the sound so far.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I own 10-46 d'Addarios too but I have Pro-Steel. The tone has a bite but it also ruins your fingers faster.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I own 10-46 d'Addarios too but I have Pro-Steel. The tone has a bite but it also ruins your fingers faster.

They seem to settle down. Bought Dunlop 65 String Cleaner and Conditioner. For smooth glide and anti rust.

Steel will be tough on your frets too.

Started working on chord diagram website. Purely on javascript. Quick and fast.

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7617/16767181478_cd7e247ffe_o.png

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8731/16767395160_b25bd60b73_o.png

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8715/16767394460_13d71176f0_o.png

- - - Updated - - -

website up at bitbucket

Chord Grammatical

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Finally ordered Pluto Hw41 from bajaoo . Went to 2-3 musical store to test it . Also tested Yamaha F310 , Fender FA 100 , granada guitar and few stagg guitar . Found the pluto best for money , comfort and also liked the tune . Yamaha F310 was selling for 8.9k which was above my budget so didn't buy that .

Finally i can start guitar lessons :D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Finally ordered Pluto Hw41 from bajaoo . Went to 2-3 musical store to test it . Also tested Yamaha F310 , Fender FA 100 , granada guitar and few stagg guitar . Found the pluto best for money , comfort and also liked the tune . Yamaha F310 was selling for 8.9k which was above my budget so didn't buy that .

Which one ?

bikramjitkar

In the zone

Congrats! Just follow Justin's course and you will have a good base. It may seem a bit frustrating at first but be patient and enjoy yourself. Don't neglect the basics such as posture, holding the pick and always keeping your guitar in tune. All the best!

Top Bottom