Musicians Corner V1: Cover Band Edition

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Congrats! Just follow Justin's course and you will have a good base. It may seem a bit frustrating at first but be patient and enjoy yourself. Don't neglect the basics such as posture, holding the pick and always keeping your guitar in tune. All the best!

thanks man :)

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Finally ordered Pluto Hw41 from bajaoo . Went to 2-3 musical store to test it . Also tested Yamaha F310 , Fender FA 100 , granada guitar and few stagg guitar . Found the pluto best for money , comfort and also liked the tune . Yamaha F310 was selling for 8.9k which was above my budget so didn't buy that .

Finally i can start guitar lessons :D
Can we has pics?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Broke my e string. It was recently replaced. I guess I went overboard while tightening the nut.

Ordered Ernie Ball strings this time.

axes2t2

I am a cat
Finally ordered Pluto Hw41 from bajaoo . Went to 2-3 musical store to test it . Also tested Yamaha F310 , Fender FA 100 , granada guitar and few stagg guitar . Found the pluto best for money , comfort and also liked the tune . Yamaha F310 was selling for 8.9k which was above my budget so didn't buy that .

Finally i can start guitar lessons :D

Congrats...make sure to upload pics.

bikramjitkar

In the zone
They cancelled the order due to out of stock . Totally disappointed .

Can anyone tell how good is Aria STG 003 ?

That sucks. You should call them up and confirm availability before ordering anything else. That Aria guitar seems to be an OK beginner's guitar. But it's an electric guitar so you will have to buy an amp too.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
That sucks. You should call them up and confirm availability before ordering anything else. That Aria guitar seems to be an OK beginner's guitar. But it's an electric guitar so you will have to buy an amp too.

Actually they had one in stock . But the product was found to be defected on testing . Atleast thats what they claimed . Yeah Buying the aria guitar tomorrow , will get amp later .

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
That Aria guitar looks good. There's even a review page for it on UG: STG-003 Review | Aria | Electric Guitars | Reviews @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

Have you personally played it and tested? How much are you getting it for?

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
That Aria guitar looks good. There's even a review page for it on UG: STG-003 Review | Aria | Electric Guitars | Reviews @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

Have you personally played it and tested? How much are you getting it for?

Going for second hand deal - 4.5k . Guitar is around 1 year old but it looks good and seller also seems genuine . Going tomorrow to play and test .

*olx.in/item/electric-guitar-6-months-old-IDUBsDW.html#d217914820

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Finally got my guitar . And yeah after playing it i really need to buy an amp . can anyone suggest cheap but good amp for beginner? Budget 3k. Also should i buy the tuner or should just get the app .

*postimg.org/image/nz8q0ik97

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You'd probably get Stranger amps at that budget, but those are crap.

Better get a Beta-Aivin at around 5.5k.

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Finally got my guitar . And yeah after playing it i really need to buy an amp . can anyone suggest cheap but good amp for beginner? Budget 3k. Also should i buy the tuner or should just get the app .

View image: IMG 20150417 WA0008

View image: IMG 20150417 WA0008

Look for a Laney LX 12 locally. It's around 5k on Bajaao, but I got it from a local shop for around 3800, 3 years back. If you have the RockSmith game, you can use the cable to play through your PC speakers with ASIO drivers.

No need to buy a tuner if you have an Android phone. Just get Smartchord app, it's free and has everything from tuner to metronome and chord diagrams.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
After 1 week playing , i learned A , D and E chord . Can switch between them easily . Can switch about 60 times in a minute from one chord to another . Also completed Stage 1 of justin beginner lesson . Finger have stopped hurting . Tried Rocksmith , didn't liked it much . Can anyone tell how is my progression going ?

thanks

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
After 1 week playing , i learned A , D and E chord . Can switch between them easily . Can switch about 60 times in a minute from one chord to another . Also completed Stage 1 of justin beginner lesson . Finger have stopped hurting . Tried Rocksmith , didn't liked it much . Can anyone tell how is my progression going ?

thanks

Best thing to do is now try out the beginner songs. That will tell you about your progression.

Search on youtube for you favorite songs. You will find beginner lessons on that. It will keep your interest going on.

Keep expanding you chords knowledge in the meantime. Add few more chords and get good with shifting. Start with G and C.

Check these channels:
*www.youtube.com/channel/UCLw42Ka3Y-g49Dxny4DZpKQ
*www.youtube.com/channel/UCUk1-G3mF4-W2I6-xXjM12g
*www.youtube.com/channel/UCJgRMHrtQpnhKHdsGiFQRyQ
*www.youtube.com/channel/UCVHPEWwaN_bZvFyqW3t6-8w

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^thankyou very much for the input :)

Pay more attention to strumming pattern too. You can play a whole good variation just by changing strumming pattern and keeping your fingers on only one chord.

Don't forget the right, the strumming one.

And if you need a quick reference for chords, check the website I developed in spare time
A chord page

Top Bottom