Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Such gain, much metal!

*imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/746/2tfgRb.jpg

Boss Metalzone? You bought?

- - - Updated - - -

How do you barre chords ?

Use your index finger to barre and the remaining three fingers to hold the chord.

Theory:

The chord E is 022100 and F is 133211.

As you can see, the pattern for the chord is the same as E only that it is one fret higher. Since you are moving the 221 pattern of the E chord a fret higher, you have to compensate the open notes by holding your index finger across all the notes on the 1st fret and making the E chord like pattern using your remaining three fingers.

Similarly, you can hold any chord in a barre fashion.

F major chord :

*www.guitar-beginner.com/images/beginner-guitar-f-bar-chord.jpg

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Cool man. I was thinking of buying a new amp first then I will buy the pedals. Will buy a wah pedal first, looking a second hand Dunlop CryBaby.

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Damn, Rocksmith really reminds you of how rusty you are. Don't touch a guitar in 2 years, start up Rocksmith and try something even basic as Pour Some Sugar on Me and be humiliated ;)

Gollum

Collector
Damn, Rocksmith really reminds you of how rusty you are. Don't touch a guitar in 2 years, start up Rocksmith and try something even basic as Pour Some Sugar on Me and be humiliated ;)
lol
the initial riff is a bit difficult but i've learnt it now.
im at 92% accuracy. what about you?

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
I started with rhythm, because I don't know how to play any of these songs that come bundled. It's not hard, really, it's just hard getting used to the symbols in Rocksmith. I find it easier to play without looking at the screen. Finished the master thing with 2 crosses, now have to figure out where I went wrong.

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
For lead, play Satch Boogie. If you can master that you'll master anything later.

Gollum

Collector
For lead, play Satch Boogie. If you can master that you'll master anything later.

haha....that is a seriously ...sort of ....bit of difficult. I'm a beginner so need to take baby steps and learn the easy stuff first along with trying new things.
For some reason my pacifica does not pick-up bends and hammer on's and hammer-offs too well.
I think I a les paul type of guitar will be better for this as the neck has a high gain humbucker

bikramjitkar

In the zone
haha....that is a seriously ...sort of ....bit of difficult. I'm a beginner so need to take baby steps and learn the easy stuff first along with trying new things.
For some reason my pacifica does not pick-up bends and hammer on's and hammer-offs too well.
I think I a les paul type of guitar will be better for this as the neck has a high gain humbucker

It's hammer on's and pull off's. ;)

Are you sure it's the guitar and not your technique? Try playing unplugged- the notes you're hammering on or pulling off should sound as loud as when you pick them.

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
lol
the initial riff is a bit difficult but i've learnt it now.
im at 92% accuracy. what about you?
I switched to lead now. Why does that Learn a song percentage rise so slowly? I'm at 76% on the song, but 94% accuracy in Master mode Score attack. What does it want from me to go higher??? Stupid game!

Rocksmith sucks a little for not being a little flexible. It wants you to play something EXACTLY as it demands. B5 then C#5 it wants you to strum both chords/notes, whereas I just slide for quick changes... then it gives me a "Miss". Hammer-ons and pull-offs it recognises for me, but slides... :(

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I switched to lead now. Why does that Learn a song percentage rise so slowly? I'm at 76% on the song, but 94% accuracy in Master mode Score attack. What does it want from me to go higher??? Stupid game!

Rocksmith sucks a little for not being a little flexible. It wants you to play something EXACTLY as it demands. B5 then C#5 it wants you to strum both chords/notes, whereas I just slide for quick changes... then it gives me a "Miss". Hammer-ons and pull-offs it recognises for me, but slides... :(

Use riff repeater to set difficulty before resuming the song. It should default to the same when you resume the song.

Gollum

Collector

you got 2 croses in master mode. fix that section of the song and you will go higher.

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
I'm bored. I'm playing the song as perfectly as I want to. I have no reason to want to play it exactly as the game wants me to.

Besides it lags. I'm playing perfectly to the music and it says Late or Miss every now and then. Buggy.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I'm bored. I'm playing the song as perfectly as I want to. I have no reason to want to play it exactly as the game wants me to.

Besides it lags. I'm playing perfectly to the music and it says Late or Miss every now and then. Buggy.

There's a PDF file among the the game's installed files. It contains directions to reduce lag. You should try it out.

Also, if you are bored, consider downloading POD Farm. The Rocksmith cable works perfectly with it. The effect chains sound pretty natural.

Line 6

- - - Updated - - -

You might need the ASIO4All driver to reduce lag with it.

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
I think my guitar intonation might be a little off, so really high notes (12th to 19th frets) are being picked up as false sometimes. Will try with a different guitar at office to re-check.

Can someone explain to me why when I got 94% accuracy it didn't increase my overall score, but when I get 92 accuracy it adds some mastery score and then raised my score from like 76% to 97.4%. Is there any sense to this at all, or is it just random rubbish? :)

*i.imgur.com/3r0wHDS.jpg

Gollum

Collector
Holy shh,, I've only played this song like 20 times and you played it 56 times. That's some determination.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
[MENTION=1]Raaabo[/MENTION]

That accuracy is dependent on your level cap. If I play on easy level cap I can get to 100% accuracy until the level cap increases.

axes2t2

I am a cat
I got the Ibanez 170dx and Peavey 158 amp :D

Will post pics some other time.

Currently doing some RHCP songs.

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Yup, I was determined to see wtf was the reason to not be progressing in percentage wise, though 10 of those would be others in office also trying their hand.

I think it was always at max complexity after 70+ percent, because the notes are the same for the last 20 times I played it. It just refused to increase accuracy. Though I did lower video settings and stuff to get that last score, so maybe it was reduced lag or something.

Top Bottom