Musicians Corner V1: Cover Band Edition

abhidev

Human Spambot
Yes same here... Need help in building muscle memory... Placing the fingers properly on the strings while shifting from one chord to other

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
^^thats what I am doing. Finger practice. It's just a tutorial from Fenders.

Tell me how to get better at muscle memory ? Anything you found that can help ?

Yes same here... Need help in building muscle memory... Placing the fingers properly on the strings while shifting from one chord to other

no shortcuts.it takes time and practice.just try...try.... try:thumbs:

120 NZD from mightyape website. I just miss my electric guitar. Was so much easier to play.

dont you have the electric one with you?

abhidev

Human Spambot
Definitely no shortcuts... but I was looking for any technique that will help in building muscle memory efficiently :)

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
^^thats what I am doing. Finger practice. It's just a tutorial from Fenders.

Tell me how to get better at muscle memory ? Anything you found that can help ?

Muscle memory comes with time. I had posted a trick that I used to do earlier in this thread...

First hold a chord, strum, ensure that all your strings are fretted properly and none of them sound dull while stumming, then spread out your fingers, replace your fingers in the same chord position, rinse and repeat.

I know that this would get boring after sometime, therefore, in order to motivate yourself, look up chords for a song and practice those chords with the above exercise till you get reasonable good with it.

One easy song you can try is Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Definitely no shortcuts... but I was looking for any technique that will help in building muscle memory efficiently :)
slowing down might help the muscle memmory/transitioning from one chord to another,like practice in low bpms(with metronome/backing track)
increase bpm as you progress:)
btw how long have you been playing?

abhidev

Human Spambot
slowing down might help the muscle memmory/transitioning from one chord to another,like practice in low bpms(with metronome/backing track)
increase bpm as you progress:)
btw how long have you been playing?

Not long enough... I'm just a beginner... Had a huge gap between :(

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Guys
I have seen some Guitarist use a device which playbacks the guitar melody just played by them...whats that?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
It's called a looper. Most multi effect pedals have it. It allows you to record a short piece of music and allows you to overdub. A good example is the Digitech RP255 with it's 20 second looper.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@nandu
Where do you learn harmonica ?

Which hohner harmonica is good to start ?

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
@nandu
Where do you learn harmonica ?

Which hohner harmonica is good to start ?

I got a one month free trial worth 16$ from bluesharmonica when i bought the harmonica.(trying to milk it lol)
Blues Harmonica Lessons | Blues Harmonica

As for the harmonica,Special 20 seems the best for a beginner since bending notes with it are super easy,has great response and the reeds are made up of plastic which will last more.
See the ratings here:Which Harmonica to Buy? The Best and Worst Harmonicas for Beginners »

Top Bottom