Musicians Corner V1: Cover Band Edition

Gollum

Collector
yes yamaha pacificas are vfm..where did you find that site,is it reliable?
For acoustic check for local shops,the cheapest yamaha acoustic should be around 6-7 k.If you are in Bangalore you can check them at Furtados or @ brigade road there are couple of shops.
Also check out the indian brand 'GB&A',They are much cheaper and not bad.
But your best bet would be to opt for a second hand guitar.look for Ibanez gio/grgs,squier strats,ltds,epiphone les pauls,jackon has some entry level too and dont expect much.If you want 'near studio quality' equipment look no further than Ibanez RGs,they will last longer.
Music taste also matters.If you are in to bolywoood music/regional/Po(o)p then acoustic is suited.For Rock/Metal ;) hmmm..

Yamaha music store is 15minutes walk from my house in Indiranagar So I will go there.
Online the pacific costs 10k but I also saw a brand called Ahston, which is fairly new Australian company. Their electrics are cheaper, 7-8k
epiphone les paul is what I desire but it costs around 12k so kind of a no no for me atm. I'm looking for something cheaper than the yamaha but options are starting to look grim.
My friends have told me that electrics are easier to learn and light on the fingers.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Yamaha music store is 15minutes walk from my house in Indiranagar So I will go there.
Online the pacific costs 10k but I also saw a brand called Ahston, which is fairly new Australian company. Their electrics are cheaper, 7-8k
epiphone les paul is what I desire but it costs around 12k so kind of a no no for me atm. I'm looking for something cheaper than the yamaha but options are starting to look grim.
My friends have told me that electrics are easier to learn and light on the fingers.
People say that electric is easier only because the strings are little slack in electric,For me both acoustic and electric have their own difficulties.
Also,I told this before

better instruments=easier to play,easier to learn.
So if you are going to take guitar seriously,save some up,no hurry.
Also if you are buying electric you need to invest on an amplifier too(min 4-6 k) decent 10k above.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I always suggest people to learn acoustic before going for electric so that you can learn the concepts before taking a step further. In acoustic guitar, you don't need to learn advanced techniques such as muting which is very necessary while playing electric guitar. Though the muting is mostly if you are using overdrive but then again, what is the point of using an electric guitar if you don't use overdrive. Your fingers will get f***ed either way, consider yourself warned.

I think that Pacifica is more than enough for you to learn though I think its tone is not very good. It would be better if you can get a Squier Bullet Strat, it has better tone. If you can up your budget by around 3k, it is better to get an Ibanez GRG170DX or a Squier Affinity Fat Strat.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
I always suggest people to learn acoustic before going for electric so that you can learn the concepts before taking a step further. In acoustic guitar, you don't need to learn advanced techniques such as muting which is very necessary while playing electric guitar. Though the muting is mostly if you are using overdrive but then again, what is the point of using an electric guitar if you don't use overdrive. Your fingers will get f***ed either way, consider yourself warned.

I think that Pacifica is more than enough for you to learn though I think its tone is not very good. It would be better if you can get a Squier Bullet Strat, it has better tone. If you can up your budget by around 3k, it is better to get an Ibanez GRG170DX or a Squier Affinity Fat Strat.
now musiciansfriend have option to ship guitars(used) to India,good move,hope they bring new ones too,later.
Check it out.
Guitars | Musician

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I am worried about the Customs, that's why I have not ordered anything from Musician's Friend yet.

Gollum

Collector
Bought my first Guitar. Yamaha Pacifica 13k with bag and so on.
*imageshack.us/a/img405/1916/v3xh.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img11/263/m1jo.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img7/6584/k5ro.jpg
[IMGG]*nuansamusik.com/media/uploads/yamaha_pac_012_bl.jpg[/IMGG]

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
@Gollum:the last picture is not ur guitar.it has a whammy bar.

That's a tremolo not a whammy bar, and yes his guitar has it too :)

I have the same guitar as well... Though older and much less used now, just collects dust...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383486739.326286.jpg

Gollum

Collector
ok.its tremelo..but 2nd and 3rd pic has no trem:confused:

i have it removed. i may actually start learning as late as next year january. chances of getting rocksmith from failkart seem to be getting slimmer. i hope i can get my 5k back :(
my new position at the office may get me really busy too.

Gollum

Collector
So It finally arrived
*imageshack.us/a/img826/241/grhq.jpg
no not the guitar but Rocksmith 2014 PS3 - 5k INR. The most expensive game that I have bought so far.
*imageshack.us/a/img21/9560/js3b.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img89/9831/02ih.jpg

The game disc is in the PS3
*imageshack.us/a/img716/9227/e1a6.jpg

Real tone cable
*imageshack.us/a/img850/9351/xgdu.jpg
Its also made in china
*imageshack.us/a/img33/5492/edc0.jpg

Cable can be broken like the xbox controller cable
*imageshack.us/a/img13/3259/0mmb.jpg
From USB to Guitar in one cable
*imageshack.us/a/img545/9271/nmfy.jpg

Box for game and cable
*imageshack.us/a/img198/7785/6p80.jpg
Box alongside my yamaha
*imageshack.us/a/img43/5032/ngq6.jpg

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Amazon.in - Buy 15 Din Me Guitar Sikhiye Book Online at Low Price in India | 15 Din Me Guitar Sikhiye Reviews & Ratings

that coverXDDDDDDDDDd

Gollum

Collector
Amazon.in - Buy 15 Din Me Guitar Sikhiye Book Online at Low Price in India | 15 Din Me Guitar Sikhiye Reviews & Ratings

that coverXDDDDDDDDDd

must be a cheap artist. Still that book is not good for sure.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Hi Gollum,how does rocksmith work?is it like guitar hero but with real tabs?
does it have introductory lessons for beginners?
What songs are there?

What songs are there?

Gollum

Collector
What songs are there?

What songs are there?

a small list of songs are there in my photos.
Its the baap of guitar hero. but the concept is similar [Ultra high extreme difficulty level lol]

As for you question about introductory lessons, Yes. Its is made for those who have never even touched a guitar before. I certainly have but never played or learnt.
it teaches you how to
hold a guitar
hold a pick
attach a strap
frets
strings
finger placement
beginner techniques
lead
chords
bass
strumming
shifting
and many more techniques in the form of video lessons, playable practice lessons, practice guitacade mini games, riff repeater in Learn a song mode
The game also offers you a development path as to what you wanna learn, Lead, rhythm or Bass
For more details read the FAQ - LINK

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Check out Paul Gilbert's Rig

*www.guitargeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/paul_gilbert_2008.jpg

@ Gollum, where did you buy the cable from? Also, is the game available somewhere for PC?