Musicians Corner V1: Cover Band Edition

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Give a bow to those geniuses who have made all those goose-bumps inducing compositions. :)

Had an old recording of the turkish march lying around. Created an account in sound cloud and uploaded it. Bear with me for the off-rhythm notes.
*soundcloud.com/vigneshb/turkish-march-1

no YOU take a bow.

awesome.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I don't think so, but I have never seen someone do something like that. Ask your local music store.
even,I've not seen it :|

It can be possible but requires a lot of work. Some shops do that but majority will try to fend off your request.
Personally, I do suggest against it. Not worth taking the risk.
r u sure...I gave my guitar for repair the vendor said the rod is broken.....need to change :(

Vignesh B

Youngling
^^ That's impressive. :)
One small suggestion though - keep your guitar's volume a bit knotch more than the track's volume.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
^^ That's impressive. :)
One small suggestion though - keep your guitar's volume a bit knotch more than the track's volume.

The backing track is actually lower already.

If you listen to the 1 second before I start playing, you can hear the difference.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
^^ Ok, noticed now.
Then, I have to say that your tone selection is pretty good.

I have done nothing much for the tone. Only kept the Gain around 50% and kept the Tone around 75%, used the neck pickup for a fat sound. Tuning is dropped Db.

Vignesh B

Youngling
I did another upload now of Le Coucou - *soundcloud.com/vigneshb/daquin-pierre-barbizet-1981-le
There are a few errors though in the timings :p. I used to play it much better earlier, now my fingers are rebelling against me.

Vignesh B

Youngling
These days, pretty rarely. Earlier I used to spend around 8-10 hours per day.
Have to start practicing again. But can't spend much time due to studies etc.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
These days, pretty rarely. Earlier I used to spend around 8-10 hours per day.
Have to start practicing again. But can't spend much time due to studies etc.

8-10 hours!? Dude, you are a pro already.

I spend about 1-2 hours everyday but not very often because of office shifts.

Vignesh B

Youngling
That's flattering to hear. :)
Have worked as session keyboardist for SEL & Amit Trivedi Sir. Still a lot to learn though. Am a mere drop in the vast ocean!
You play guitars as a hobby?

axes2t2

I am a cat
As of now guitars for me is just a hobby.

hey Desmond ​do people tell you to 'teach' them guitars ? What do you say to them ?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
That's flattering to hear. :)
Have worked as session keyboardist for SEL & Amit Trivedi Sir. Still a lot to learn though. Am a mere drop in the vast ocean!
You play guitars as a hobby?

Yeah. Been looking for people to start a band, but cannot find anyone. Need bassist and drummer at least.

As of now guitars for me is just a hobby.

hey Desmond ​do people tell you to 'teach' them guitars ? What do you say to them ?

I teach them but they get bored. No one wants to learn the fundamentals. They learn three chords and think themselves guitarists.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
both are different things.the first one changes tuning accordingly,the latter helps to keep in tune forever.

Well, the site doesn't state if it works on Floyd-rose bridges. Also, all guitars featured have fixed bridges.

Top Bottom