G ----------2-0---------------2-0---0-
D ---------------3-----------------3---
A --------------------------------------
E --------------------------------------

I have no clue either way.

You will probably need fiber for that.

axes2t2

I am a cat
What do you guys play when random guests see your guitar and tell you to 'play something' ?

I get completely blanked out at that point.

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
What do you guys play when random guests see your guitar and tell you to 'play something' ?

I first warn them that they might not like what I am going to play. Then I proceed to play my improvisation on the Pentatonic or Harmonic Minor (my favorite) scale.

lol same here... especially the filmy songs. those are SO full of s-hit.

That's comforting to know that I am not alone.

Vignesh B

Youngling

Usually I ask the guests only to suggest a song. And most suggest some filmy songs which in the most cases might have been already performed in some concert, thereby making it easy for me.
If the guest is someone knowledgeable in music, then there is a lot to choose from Bach, Mozart, Beethoven etc. When it comes to guitar, scales some random chord progressions are always there .

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Usually I ask the guests only to suggest a song. And most suggest some filmy songs which in the most cases might have been already performed in some concert, thereby making it easy for me.
If the guest is someone knowledgeable in music, then there is a lot to choose from Bach, Mozart, Beethoven etc. When it comes to guitar, scales some random chord progressions are always there .

take a bow :)

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Hi guys,

is it possible to replace a trussrod?

I don't think so, but I have never seen someone do something like that. Ask your local music store.

Lets hear you play.

Vignesh B

Youngling
Hi guys,

is it possible to replace a trussrod?
It can be possible but requires a lot of work. Some shops do that but majority will try to fend off your request.
Personally, I do suggest against it. Not worth taking the risk.

take a bow :)
Give a bow to those geniuses who have made all those goose-bumps inducing compositions. :)

@Desmond : Was just going through your you-tube channel. Have to say, you've got a good pair of flexible fingers on your hand.

Lets hear you play.
I have never uploaded anything on the internet as yet. Most of my performances are in orchestras. Will upload some this coming weekend.

Had an old recording of the turkish march lying around. Created an account in sound cloud and uploaded it. Bear with me for the off-rhythm notes.
*soundcloud.com/vigneshb/turkish-march-1

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
It can be possible but requires a lot of work. Some shops do that but majority will try to fend off your request.
Personally, I do suggest against it. Not worth taking the risk.

Give a bow to those geniuses who have made all those goose-bumps inducing compositions. :)

@Desmond : Was just going through your you-tube channel. Have to say, you've got a good pair of flexible fingers on your hand.

I have never uploaded anything on the internet as yet. Most of my performances are in orchestras. Will upload some this coming weekend.

Had an old recording of the turkish march lying around. Created an account in sound cloud and uploaded it. Bear with me for the off-rhythm notes.
*soundcloud.com/vigneshb/turkish-march-1

You seem like a pro on the keyboard.

Top Bottom