Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Flash

Lost in speed
ugh, it is not like that in the original
I now understand why people say movies based on Anime sucks. The whole dynamic, setting, story, everything has changed, I thought it was missing because it was going to be introduced later, but read some reviews and interviews and understood that no, these things were really changed. Kickass characters don't do kickass things and are relegated to sidekick/love interest category. an important character that give some kind of balance to Eren (the most competent, technique-using and skillful squad leader) is written out entirely.
ya. Read about Eren and his watered-down role in the movie.
Attack on titan 2 released?

ashs1

Padawan
Mad max (2015) - 6/10

Not sure why this movie was hyped this much..CGI was top notch, speed was engrossing, but plot was average.

San Andreas - 6/10

Was similar to the movie "2012".. Plot was not extraordinary, casting was okayish..Dwayne Johnson kicked candy a$$ !!!!

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Very little CGI in Mad Max. But, yeah it was top notch, except the 3d conversion, which was not.

also, if you like Mad Max, check out Mad Max: Black & Chrome
it was here, video got pulled :( *blackandchrome.wordpress.com
George Miller has said that the best version of his film is in black and white, with no dialogue. BLACK & CHROME is an attempt to realize Miller’s alternate vision. The cinematography, the editing, the sound design, and the score, are now represented in a completely new experience.

or you can do in video player, greyscale filter and no dialogue track

Attack on titan 2 released?
Nope. They seem to be wrapping up the movies before the second season of the series, so not going to watch the second movie. Already regretting spoilers of the series from this first movie itself. Think Eren actually runs into the colossal titan in the crowd, the scarred man at the start.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Mad max (2015) - 6/10

Not sure why this movie was hyped this much..CGI was top notch, speed was engrossing, but plot was average.

lel..it was the least CGI produced movie.

- - - Updated - - -

The movie is from best selling author so that created a lot of expectation

They could have done much better. And they could have done much worse too. Ok movie.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
A group of friends take off to a secluded vacation home to celebrate their upcoming graduation. The fun doesn't last long when a sadistic psychopath shows up and forces them to participate in his deadly contest.

Kill Theory (2009) 5/10
| 85 min | Horror, Thriller | 8 January 2009

Something like Eden Lake ?

Flash

Lost in speed
Nope. They seem to be wrapping up the movies before the second season of the series, so not going to watch the second movie. Already regretting spoilers of the series from this first movie itself. Think Eren actually runs into the colossal titan in the crowd, the scarred man at the start.
Seems it's already out and failed miserably.
Surprise! 'Attack On Titan Part 2' Is Just As Bad As Part 1 : T-Lounge : Tech Times

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Seems it's already out and failed miserably.
Surprise! 'Attack On Titan Part 2' Is Just As Bad As Part 1 : T-Lounge : Tech Times

ow good. whole splitting into two parts and run time seems like a scam. Guess the movie would not have been soo bad if the series were not sooo awesome. Ionno. Somehow, the anime felt more "real" than the movie.

Drishyam : is some smart filmmaking, effortlessly creates tension and comic moments, and even says how they do it. Would be so great if Ajay Devgan actually used methods from known movies. Was expecting a different kind of conclusion, one where both the families confront the truth, but this was perhaps more realistic. Also, it is totally believable how a good, honest family can end up being on the criminal side of society. Want to watch the malayalam version now.

Kis Kikso Pyaar Karoon : This is so funny, and timely. Not really crass, but there are a few sexist jokes. Otherwise it is funny, more clever jokes than welcome, houseful, golmal series but less than Hunterrr. Just a shade below Hungama. Good ensemble cast. Arbaaz Khan can play the role of a bro like a pro. Has plenty of practice. There was even a is this dress black or blue moment.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hotel Transylvania 2 (2015) - 8/10

Impressions: Though the voice cast was an impressive even in the small parts. Nothing topped Mel Brooks performance as Vlad, that was my favorite. It's a perfect family picture which means anyone, any age will & can enjoy it.The Sequel is more funnier than the first.

Mama (2013) - 9/10

Impressions: The story is not your typical ghost story but solely depend on moments that utilize the element of surprise, I have never jumped out of my skin more times during a single film than I did for "Mama."

The Babadook (2014) - 8/10

Impressions: The Babadook isn't for the mainstream crowd. It's a Psychological horror at its finest. It actually gets under your skin and it taps into the basal emotion of fear.

Last edited:

quagmire

Allllright !
The Martian - 6/10

VFX : 8/10 (Gravity was a 9+)
3D effects - 3/10
Acting - 5/10 (Average, characters had no depth, dunno whom to blame)
Cinematography - 4/10 (Functional, nothing new like Gravity)
Editing - 3/10 (Too slow for Sci-fi and repetitive sequences)
Direction - 6/10 (Nothing exceptional)
Audio - 3/10 (Possible that the theatre I was in had bad audio, but I felt the the audio did not complement the situation to make the scene stand out)

Haven't read the novel so can rate the adapted screenplay

The hero of the movie is not Matt Damon, its

Its NASA

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
For the Audio part.. I felt the same way. So chances of bad audio in theater doesn't seem to be the case.
As for the spoiler part, well, conspiracy successful. :p

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
For the Audio part.. I felt the same way. So chances of bad audio in theater doesn't seem to be the case.
As for the spoiler part, well, conspiracy successful. :p

Music score sounded out of place. They could have used something better.

Moon had great soundtrack.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

The Babadook (2014) - 8/10

Impressions: The Babadook isn't for the mainstream crowd. It's a Psychological horror at its finest. It actually gets under your skin and it taps into the basal emotion of fear.
I liked the rhythm of the poem.

Ba..ba..dook..dook..dook

Anybody in TDF knows Kannada ?

this movie is Superb.

Lucia (2013) - 9/10
Awesome movie...awesome concept and plot
must must watch
I watched in Eng Subs :-D

Top Bottom