Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
That video is GOOD. Convinces you that Anderson instead is the Chosen one! Quite brilliantly too. Weaknesses in the prophecy.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
guys bunch of free paramount movies on youtube
*www.youtube.com/channel/UCzMVH2jEyEwXPBvyht8xQNw/featured
go download or watch or whatever

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The silence (2010)- German movie reminded me of Zodiac. But Zodiac was too lengthy and slow. This one is better and so is the ending.

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Sicario - 8/10
Tense and brutal thriller. Great landscape visuals and the background score builds up the tension well.
Blunt is good, del Toro is brilliant (dark, silent but brutal) and so is Brolin
One of the best this year imo

quan chi

mortal kombat
What about bob
If you have liked deewana mastana you may not enjoy the original. However both the movies are really good.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Deliver Us from Evil (2014) - 7.5/10
Excellent Horror movie and also from Director of Sinister.

If you enjoy horror flicks like I do, and the supernatural and demon stuff, def check this out.
Not much gore, just very dark and creepy with it's share of make you jump moments.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Detective Byomkesh Bakshy! is an origins story for Bengali author Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay’s hugely popular gumshoe. Let’s begin with the good news. It’s set in a spectacular 1940s Calcutta meticulously recreated by Banerjee,

Detective Byomkesh Bakshy! (2015) 7.5/10
U/A | 139 min | Action, Mystery, Thriller | 3 April 2015 (USA)

What about the bad news?
Is the rating and the details you gave about genre is bad news?

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
About Inception

In the final moments of the film we see the object continue to spin which indicates that the whole thing is not real even though the treatment of scene makes us think it is real.

What then is really real?

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
I have this movie with me for quite some time. Some review on 'why' would have been good.

I saw the movie was almost 3 hours long & I thought I'd have to see it in parts but right from the start I got into it and couldn't stop watching . Most movies I think have a weak second half but this one was almost perfect.
The acting is great by the mom and Ethan Hawke, I usually like Ethan Hawke movies so a little bias may be.
There isn't much to the plot, just follows the life of a boy and his family as he grows up but the dialog & the way it captures life, all feels real and you can connect to it. If you've liked other Richard Linklater's movies (Before Sunrise/Sunset) , you might like this one as well. The characters aren't perfect but we can relate to them as life goes by & I guess that makes makes the movie so good.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
wooo
niice theory. makes sense. have to rewatch the series now, just to see if this checks out all the time.

there is another interpretation to what happens at the end of the third movie though, and the matrix does not get destroyed. The prophecy does not come true. 9:48 in the video, this alternative is acknowledged.

I liked their other movies too, Cloud Atlas, Jupiter Ascending, Speed Racer. What a filmography.

Singh is Bling
Man, Amy Jackson pwns this movie. She is the hero in the bulk of the action sequences, and kicks more ass than Akshay Kumar for most of the movie. Movie starts of with Tung Tung from sound tripping, it is a nice fit. Hats off to Akshay Kumar for agreeing to be the hero in a movie like this, where most of the time he is bashed horrible, and loses, and only really fights at the end. Very feminist movie, there is a surreal sleepwalking seduction sequence involving Lara Datta and a coconut. The sequence is shown twice, and both times the ending is hilarious. Kay Kay Menon manages to fit in a disturbing psycho villain performance in very little screen time. Not high octane as Singh is King, but Prabhudeva has definitely improved as a director, as compared to R Rajkumar. The basic story is same, hero gets beat up till love makes him fight and save the day, but he has shed a lot of tension and drama that falls flat, and replaced it with upbeat humour that hits every time, which is great.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I saw the movie was almost 3 hours long & I thought I'd have to see it in parts but right from the start I got into it and couldn't stop watching . Most movies I think have a weak second half but this one was almost perfect.
The acting is great by the mom and Ethan Hawke, I usually like Ethan Hawke movies so a little bias may be.
There isn't much to the plot, just follows the life of a boy and his family as he grows up but the dialog & the way it captures life, all feels real and you can connect to it. If you've liked other Richard Linklater's movies (Before Sunrise/Sunset) , you might like this one as well. The characters aren't perfect but we can relate to them as life goes by & I guess that makes makes the movie so good.

I hope you know that Ellar Coltrane, the boy in the movie, "Boyhood" grew up on screen in the movie. He was 7 years when shoot started and 19 when the movie ends.
If you didn't know this, you would be highly surprised.

Yes, watched 2 times...Amazing series...Unbelievable high tense thriller start to end...!!!

Prison break fans are never like end..So they make final end film...Prison Break: The Final Break (2009)

:shock:
WTH, I never knew there was a movie on Prison Break!

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
I hope you know that Ellar Coltrane, the boy in the movie, "Boyhood" grew up on screen in the movie. He was 7 years when shoot started and 19 when the movie ends.
If you didn't know this, you would be highly surprised.

Sure noticed that .. and also the girl who played his sister... I hadn't seen the trailer before so it was nice to see the transformation during the movie.

Anyone here liked Birdman?

Top Bottom