Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Flash

Lost in speed
Attack on Titans - 8/10
Another movie based on Anime. A little bit gory and OK'ish movie with good CGI effects. I feel like most of the details are missed in the movie version for commerical reasons. Btw, am yet to watch the anime.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Attack on Titans - 8/10
Another movie based on Anime. A little bit gory and OK'ish movie with good CGI effects. I feel like most of the details are missed in the movie version for commerical reasons. Btw, am yet to watch the anime.
Most LA movies are crap story wise. AoT was good enough for 1st season. 2nd season would be slow.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Attack on Titans - 8/10

oh. Glad you liked so much. The thematic aspects of the story are fleshed out more in the movie. The story has barely begun.
still, Anime is better.

Flash

Lost in speed
oh. Glad you liked so much. The thematic aspects of the story are fleshed out more in the movie. The story has barely begun.
still, Anime is better.
Am yet to watch the Anime. Most of the catastrophes happens in horror movies are because of girls. :lol:
If the potato girl and Eren didnt went to inspect the cry of a child (which is a titan child), the entire scout regiment would've reached their destination unnoticed.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^yeah. Unfortunately, they spoiled some things in the movie, which have not yet been revealed in the Anime.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Thats the best croc movie for me. Have watched quite a few. The atmosphere is terrific.

Based on a true story, this scary horror movie makes effective use of one striking location and one strong idea. In a remote Australian swamp, three terrified holidaymakers confront a primeval predator. Trapped up a flimsy tree, the three bicker, shiver and weigh their options, while a crocodile that has capsized their boat and eaten their guide prowls below.

Black Water (2007) 5.5/10
R | 90 min | Action, Drama, Horror | 24 April 2008 (Australia)

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
The Martian (2015) - 9/10

Plot Summary: During a manned mission to Mars, Astronaut Mark Watney is presumed dead after a fierce storm and left behind by his crew. But Watney has survived and finds himself stranded and alone on the hostile planet. With only meager supplies, he must draw upon his ingenuity, wit and spirit to subsist and find a way to signal to Earth that he is alive.

Operator (2015) - 6/10

Plot Summary: When the daughter of veteran 911 call center operator Pamela (Mischa Barton), and her estranged husband Jeremy (Luke Goss), a Senior Police Officer, is kidnapped and held hostage, they are left desperate, with no choice but to follow the kidnapper's rules: send messages through dispatch for all police and fire units to scatter to remote locations throughout the city where they are met with chaos. Not knowing who or why, the one thing they do know is if they fail to discreetly collaborate with one another - they will be solely responsible for facilitating the biggest crime in the city's history. Now they must race against the clock to make the choice of their lives - save the city - or save their daughter.

harry10

Gadgets freak
Saw Talvar.
Excellent attempt and brilliant acting by Irfan as usual. Movie is quite intense and depressing at times. They have created the 8 year before time period well but missed one technical shot when they showed current generation Red color Honda City in one shot. All in all a good watch.
Rating - 7.5/10

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Am yet to watch the Anime. Most of the catastrophes happens in horror movies are because of girls. :lol:

ugh, it is not like that in the original
I now understand why people say movies based on Anime sucks. The whole dynamic, setting, story, everything has changed, I thought it was missing because it was going to be introduced later, but read some reviews and interviews and understood that no, these things were really changed. Kickass characters don't do kickass things and are relegated to sidekick/love interest category. an important character that give some kind of balance to Eren (the most competent, technique-using and skillful squad leader) is written out entirely.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Seriously guys, what is so good about Martian ? Watched it today. 7.5/10 - movie or may be less. It looks like all the cliches spun in 2 hours of theater time. Nothing that I will remember after years.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Seriously guys, what is so good about Martian ? Watched it today. 7.5/10 - movie or may be less. It looks like all the cliches spun in 2 hours of theater time. Nothing that I will remember after years.
I've rated it 8 and you've rated it 7.5.

I guess you liked something in it.

For me, I enjoyed it. Yes, its clisched and it had no intention to to be pathbreaking.
Told a good story in a light hearted manner.

I liked the story, the story telling approach and its tone.

Sasta, sundar and tikau!

P.S. Don't go for 3D for this.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I've rated it 8 and you've rated it 7.5.

I guess you liked something in it.

For me, I enjoyed it. Yes, its clisched and it had no intention to to be pathbreaking.
Told a good story in a light hearted manner.

I liked the story, the story telling approach and its tone.

Sasta, sundar and tikau!

P.S. Don't go for 3D for this.

Still it wont be a movie that I will remember later.

You can see much better story telling approach in other movies.

P.S. no 2d options in my place.

Top Bottom